• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John 3:13

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The verses before talk about Gods wisdom "I help kings to govern" "princes use me to lead" the verses are personifiying wisdom so it does make sense that wisdom says "I was created." How would kings and princes use Jesus before he supposedly came to earth? If its talking about Jesus.

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:2

And God placed all things under his feet Ephesians 1:22

Horrorble

No I don't and I don't agree the Jewish texts are about generic wisdom.

I mean the "old testament" I wasn't referring to all Jewish texts but the verses pegg referred to. I never said its about generic wisdom either, it's about Gods wisdom and read in context I'm not seeing Jesus in it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I mean the "old testament" I wasn't referring to all Jewish texts but the verses pegg referred to. I never said its about generic wisdom either, it's about Gods wisdom and read in context I'm not seeing Jesus in it.

Yes I know. There is no difference between God's wisdom and Jehoshua's wisdom. Proverbs eight is about the wisdom of Jehoshua specifically. In that I agree with the JWs.

Horrorble

Yes I know. There is no difference between God's wisdom and Jehoshua's wisdom. Proverbs eight is about the wisdom of Jehoshua specifically. In that I agree with the JWs.

There wouldn't be any difference if you believe Jehoshua is the Messiah of course. Just wanted a clear verse. Still waiting.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There wouldn't be any difference if you believe Jehoshua is the Messiah of course. Just wanted a clear verse. Still waiting.

This question?

Do the Jewish scriptures ever directly describe Jesus' pre-human existence as the first created son of God?

According to the way Genesis 1:26 is customarily understood, there is someone with The Creator at the creation of man.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to Hebrew Scriptures or New Testament? Because I don't see "the son" in genesis 1:26

I suppose the reason why is because he did not become The Son for good until his baptism.

A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him. Luke 9:35

To talk about something that has not been done yet as though it was done already is preordaining it. Which is not the case regarding Love.