1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured John 14:9, and why 'gnosticism ' is varied in meaning

Discussion in 'Same Faith Debates' started by Desert Snake, Feb 22, 2019.

1. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,111
    Religion:
    Christian
    I don't think so.. I think Isaiah and Daniel have been misunderstood and misused.

2. 74x12

74x12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +690
    Religion:
    Itiswhatitis
    I hear you, but I'm just saying you're not taking into account what the book of Isaiah says about itself in chapter 6, 28 and 29. Basically it's veiled and hidden and only understood by babes not by the "wise and prudent" of this world.

Peace :)

3. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,111
    Religion:
    Christian
    There can't be any misunderstanding that israeI is the suffering servant. Look at the charlatans from koresh to Scofield to hal Lindsey who have misused it.

4. 74x12

74x12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +690
    Religion:
    Itiswhatitis
    You mean Isaiah 53? It can't be the nation of Israel.

In Isaiah 53:5 the Prophet says that "but he was wounded for our transgressions ..."

I bolded "our" because it's important to note that the prophet is speaking of himself and Israel. So the suffering servant was wounded for Israel's transgressions. Therefore it makes no sense to say that Israel was wounded for Israel's transgressions ... Sorry.

Isaiah 53 is definitely about the Messiah Jesus.