• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John 14:28

74x12

God
Yes, I have one God, who requires worship,, and another who doesn't. Hey, what do you know... you are right 1+1=2

Again, context matters.
Psalm 82:1, 6
1 God takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges:
6 “I have said, ‘You are gods, All of you are sons of the Most High.

John 10:34, 35
34 Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came - and yet the scripture cannot be nullified -

Exodus 4:16 He will speak for you to the people, and he will be your spokesman, and you will serve as God to him.

These were God appointed. They served as representatives of God, and spokesmen of him, with his authority. Likewise Jesus Christ has been appointed by God, to express his wrath. He will indeed be a mighty God.
So do you think we should reject those appointed by God, in whatever position he authorizes them? You can decide on that.

I could reject the ones he appointed, but that would leave me with one I don't want.
2 Corinthians 4:3, 4
3 If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
animated-smileys-cheeky-017.gif
Nothing personal. :)

What about Savior. How many saviors do you have? According to your reasoning you should only have one, based on these scriptures...
Isaiah 43:11, 12
11 I — I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” 12 “I am the One who declared and saved and made known When there was no foreign god among you. So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.

Hosea 13:4 But I am Jehovah your God from the land of Egypt; You knew no God except me, And besides me there is no savior.

Do I have more than one savior? Certainly - one ultimate... one appointed. 1+1=2
For me however, I understand the context, and the GB of JWs understand it, and teach it. There is no problem when you consider the context.
Jehovah raised up saviors, and he appointed a chief savior.
Judges 3:15 Then the Israelites called to Jehovah for help, so Jehovah raised up for them a savior, Ehud. . 
. .
Luke 1:46, 47
46 And Mary said: “My soul magnifies Jehovah, 47 and my spirit cannot keep from being overjoyed at God my Savior,

Luke 2:11 For today there was born to you in David’s city a savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Acts 13:23 God has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus.

Here is something interesting...
Chief Agent / prince of life
Acts 3:15, 16
15 whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses. 16 And through his name, and by our faith in his name, this man whom you see and know has been made strong. The faith that is through him has made this man completely healthy in front of all of you.

Strong's Greek: 747. ἀρχηγός (archégos) -- founder, leader
Strong's Concordance
archégos: founder, leader
Original Word: ἀρχηγός, οῦ, ὁ

Usage: originator, author, founder, prince, leader.

HELPS Word-studies
747 arxēgós(from 746 /arxḗ, "the first" and 71 /ágō, "to lead") – properly, the first in a long procession; a file-leader who pioneers the way for many others to follow. 747 (arxēgós) does not strictly mean "author," but rather "a person who is originator or founder of a movement and continues as the leader – i.e. 'pioneer leader, founding leader' " (L & N, 1, 36.6).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from archó and hégeomai
Definition
founder, leader
NASB Translation
author (2), Prince (1), prince (1).

Who is the chief agent or prince?
Acts 5:31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
Acts 5:31 God exalted Him to His right hand as Prince and Savior, in order to grant repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

The scriptures are clear it would seem. They are speaking of two persons. God the father, and his son Christ Jesus.
I believe if we stick to the scriptures, and understand them in their context, there clearly contradict your view, but then, you don't see that. You seem to believe they support your view.
Now that I understand that you and @Faithofchristian seem to sincerely believe this, all I can say is, I hope you have a different view some day. Hopefully something I said would contribute to that.
Hey! Maybe one day you will be saying, 'The Watchtower had it right all along."

However, I still would like to say that you seem to me to be twisting and twisting the scriptures to your benefit.
The apostle Peter didn't agree that it will be to anyone's benefit, to twist the scriptures.
He said, "...these things the ignorant and unstable are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16
Interesting that this was written over 10 centuries, and still relevant.

I'll like to ask though, if I may...
In your view, if Jesus is God the father, how do you thank God the father through Jesus? How is Jesus a high priest interceding in your behalf? How is he a go-between, a mediator and judge?
John 5:25-28
25 “Most truly I say to you, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who have paid attention will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to do judging, because he is the Son of man.

2 John 3 There will be with us undeserved kindness, mercy, and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, with truth and love.

By the way, I also have more than one king. What about you?
Thanks for the reply. I am certainly not done with you yet. I have some things to say that I hope will challenge your POV.

I'm just busy right now with work and what not. I will post a reply soon.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Thanks for the reply. I am certainly not done with you yet. I have some things to say that I hope will challenge your POV.

I'm just busy right now with work and what not. I will post a reply soon.
Thank you for being thoughtful enough to inform me.
I look forward to your response.