• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John 10:30 mean Jesus was God?

we know christians always quote john 10:30 and john 10:33 to proof their trinity!

but what was that context?

Now come in john 10:23-34

"It was winter, n Jesus was walking in the temple, in the portico of Solomon"[john 10:23]

So the Jews gathered round him & said to him "How long will you keep us in suspense? If u are the christ,tell us plainly"[john 10:24]

Here jews asked to Jesus "If u are the christ,tell us plainly"

Jesus answer them "I told u&u do not believe."But you do not believe,because you do not belong to my sheep"[John 10:26]

Here Jesus answered them, I already told you but you do not believe me because u are not my sheep. so here we see jews were liar

"My sheep hear my voice, and i know them, and they follow me"[John 10:27]

Here Jesus answered them about his real sheep and they follow Jesus

"and i gave them eternal life,and they shall never perish, & no one shall snatch them out of my hand"[john 10:28]

"My Father, who has given them to me, IS GREATER THAN ALL, no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"[john 10:29]

see >> no one shall snatch them out of my hand"[john 10:28]

see >>no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"[john 10:29]

both 2 verse mentioned about Jesus and Father one aim and unity

Also john 10:29 says "My Father is greater than All" before John 10:30

"My Father, who has given them to me, IS GREATER THAN ALL, no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand"[john 10:29]

John 10:29 verse clearly says Father is greater than all, Even Jesus

Next verse says:

"The Father and i are One"[John 10:30]

previous verse made it more clear that Father is greater than all, so Jesus and Father never can be a One person. It mentioned about a aim.>>Jesus never said "I and My Father both greater than all"

>> Jesus said,"My Father is greater than All" and in new testament Father mentioned as God(John 20:17)

"Go instead to my brothers and tell them" i am not returning MY Father and YOUR Father, to MY God and YOUR God" [john 20:17]

So we see according to John 10:29 Jesus said, My God(father) is greater than All.

And then said "I and my Father are one"[John 10:30]

Now Few christians can tell this One mean Father and Jesus both One person!

Now lets see about it:

See john 17:21-23

"that they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me and i in thee, that they also may be one in us: that world may believe that thou hast sent me"[john 17:21]

"and the glory which thou gavest me i have them; that they may be one, even as we are one"[john 17:22]

see >>"we are one"

"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one"[john 17:23]

In greek Bible John 10:30 and John 17:21-23 both "one" mentioned as "Hen" which meaning both are Same!

now if you think this one mean they all are one person

then Father+Jesus+Jesus 12 Apostles= 14 in 1 person....

So Father, Jesus and his 12 apostles are also God cause they one person..Right?!!

Then need a new theory about 14 in 1 God!!!
Now lets see next verse john 10:31

"Again the jews picked up stones to stone him"[john 10:31]

Jews get a reason how to attack Jesus and finally they picked up stones to Jesus

but Jesus Protest it in next verse:

"but Jesus said them, i have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me"[john 10:32]

here Jesus said, He gave many great miracles "from Father" he never said "myself" i already made it clear that new testament father mentioned as God. Meaning Jesus said he gave all great miracles from God NOT by himself.

"The Jews answered him, saying: 'For a good work we stone thee not; but for the blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man,makest thyself a God"[john 10:33]

Here Jews answered, they picked up stones for his blaspheme. Meaning jews gave a reason to Jesus

BUT JESUS PROTEST THEIR LIE REASON IN NEXT VERSE

"Jesus answered them, is it not written in your Law, I have said you are gods?"[john 10:34]

Here Jesus answered, Check your law that we are gods! Meaning Jesus never did blaspheme according to Law

"If He called them God's, unto whom the word of God came, AND THE SCRIPTURE CAN NOT BE BROKEN"[john 10:35]

my Question the word of God came to whom?

MESSENGER!

So, Here Jesus said if you call any messenger of God as God then Scripture can not be Broken. Meaning Jesus made it clear about John 10:30 and jews lie reason

Jesus obviously quoting from the psalm 82:6

"I have said, ye are gods: and all of you are the children of the most high"[pslam 82:6]

note: The trinitarian liars who translated the Bible into English play dirty tricks about capitalizing and lowering the "g" in "God" to prove their trinity lie, while they fully know that it is THE SAME WORD USED FOR ALL!

Now few christian can ask me why jews picked up stones to Jesus?

I wanna answer them about this question from Gospel...

In Gospel Jesus said they picked up stones to Prophets!

"O Jerusalem! jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you"[Matthew 23:37]

We come to know from Gospel that Jews picked up stones to Jesus, so according to Matthew 23:37 Jesus was one of Prophet

tarasan

Arnt you that guy whouses the bible as evidence and then whenever people use counter evidence from the bible you say its corrupt??

and then after that you go on right back quoting the bible??

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
When he is speaking to people in the sense of a unseen ruler there is but one father of all. When he is speaking to people of how he thinks or how he see's his thoughts and how people should "unite" their thought he is speaking of a one mind, or rather in his perception everyone with the thoughts of good, laughter, and goals of the greater good in mind. Sharing in this hope and working toward its conclusion is joining this mind. This is how i see it, but we all have our opinions.

Zadok

Zadok
When man fell we all were excommunicated from the kingdom of G-d the Father and the right to worship the Father as our G-d and king. The Son of G-d that we know in part as Jesus the Christ condescended from that kingdom of the Father to become the one and only G-d of fallen mankind and to provide means and way to worship the Father again through him as the mediator G-d.

Thus Jesus is the messenger of the Father, the Son of the Father, the mediator and savior of mankind as well as The Prophet and the one and only G-d by which we may be saved. Beside him and in the condescended state he has assumed for us there is not now or ever can be any other G-d, redeemer and savior. But he is not the Father for he is less than the Father.

The world hates Jesus the Son of G-d and teaches all manner of falsehoods and partial truths against the truth of him. But this is the final day of restoration and the light of Christ is again shining forth in the darkness – to prepare a people of one mind and heart to receive him when he shall come again in power and glory. And they shall be centered in the “top of the mountains” and all nations shall flow (look) unto that center place.

Zadok

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I didn't read your entire post because after reading the first part, it became obvious that you don't understand exactly what the Trinity is. You stated that Jesus states that the Father is greater. According to the Trinity doctrine, that is also true. So you really didn't show anything there. And it does not mean they are not the same person.

If one wants to show that the Bible states that Jesus is God, it is not that hard. All one has to do is look at the beginning of John, and understand the historical context. It clearly states that Jesus was part of God, and therefore was God.

I don't see why you want to try to make the Bible say something to agree with your religious convictions. It is senseless, and illogical. The fact is, Islam and Christianity are different, and they believe in different things. There Holy Books state different things. Both of them have problems, both of them of errors.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
I don't understand the point of the OP. And believe me, I am not being deliberately obtuse; I really am just that dumb.

Is the point of the OP supposed to be that certain people have misinterpreted the Bible?

Is the OP implying that Jesus never intended anyone to believe he was God or that there is no Biblical support for the divinity of Christ?

If so, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there are plenty other verses in the Bible that people will still look to as a foundation for their belief that Jesus was somehow divine. Though I'm no Biblical scholar, I think the New Testament is pretty much full of such verses, right?

Oberon

"The Father and i are One"[John 10:30]
εγω και ο πατηρ ἕν εσμεν
I.nom conj. article father.nom one.nom.neut. be.1st person pl.

"I and the father are one."

Now lets see about it:

See john 17:21-23

"that they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me and i in thee, that they also may be one in us: that world may believe that thou hast sent me"[john 17:21]

Not really the same construction: ἵνα πάντες ἓν ὦσι, καθως σύ, πάτερ, εν εμοι καγω εν σοί/ in order that all may be (subjunctive) one, even as you, father, [are] in me and I [am] in you. The use of the subjunctive signals in irrealis possible world, as opposed to the realis world of John 10.30. Also, the preposition en/in makes a bit of a difference. Certainly, one could argue that John's statement in 10.30 is meant to be taken the same way later versus are, that all have the potential of being one with god. But that isn't the only reading possible, and still leaves to be explained the many ego eimi constructions as well as some other interesting points in John (e.g. the prologue).

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Jesus was the manifestation of God.
"Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake." John 14: 8-11

Misty

Jesus seems very human to me, I don't define anything divine about him in the gospel stories.

Misty

How so? Wether you beileve in God or not the writers of the gospels purposely wrote it to make him look divine.

Maybe but as the gosples were not written until well after the death of Jesus it is more than likely exaggeration and untruths crept into their accounts. If something isn't credible it probably isn't true.

allright

One proof that Jesus is God is he allowed people to worship him.
According to Jewish law it would be a horrific sin for a Jew to allow people to fall down and worship him.

Last edited: