• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Biden is giving me a hand-up not a hand-out

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
ABLE accounts enable some disabled person like me to earn $15,000/yr and accumulate $100,000 without losing their security net of SSI.

I was diagnosed Disabled one year too late to get one.

Joe Biden wants to add 6 million adults to ABLE including 1 million veterans.

If I vote for Joe Biden, I can seek all the employment I want without fear, and I will likely be able to work very hard for a long time with security.

So Joe Biden is giving me a hand-up, not a hand-out and not a freebie.

Thank you Joe Biden.

Since I see the two candidates roughly evenly, I support Joe Biden.

It's like walking a tight rope with a net for me.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That sounds good. The thing is, will that ever become a reality? Yea promises are made, fulfilling those promises will require people with exemplary character and ability.

Do you think people like that exist in today's government?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
ABLE accounts enable some disabled person like me to earn $15,000/yr and accumulate $100,000 without losing their security net of SSI.

I was diagnosed Disabled one year too late to get one.

Joe Biden wants to add 6 million adults to ABLE including 1 million veterans.

If I vote for Joe Biden, I can seek all the employment I want without fear, and I will likely be able to work very hard for a long time with security.

So Joe Biden is giving me a hand-up, not a hand-out and not a freebie.

Thank you Joe Biden.

Since I see the two candidates roughly evenly, I support Joe Biden.

It's like walking a tight rope with a net for me.

Could you provide a link to this?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
That sounds good. The thing is, will that ever become a reality? Yea promises are made, fulfilling those promises will require people with exemplary character and ability.

Do you think people like that exist in today's government?
If Trump can fulfill most of his promises, I think Biden can too.

Hopefully Mitch McConnell doesn't block me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Its why I'm hoping for more bipartisanship this election year no matter who wins, but im pessimistic givin the decades long track record of our illustrious 2 party monopoly.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Its why I'm hoping for more bipartisanship this election year no matter who wins, but im pessimistic givin the decades long track record of our illustrious 2 party monopoly.
Well Joe Biden appears to have a chance of helping me tremendously whereas Trump just says he wants to make people aware of ABLE accounts.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Americans with Disabilities | Joe Biden

"Expand access to tax-advantaged savings accounts, ABLE accounts, which provide people with disabilities a way to pay for “qualified disability-related expenses, such as education, housing and transportation.” Biden will work to pass the ABLE Age Adjustment Act, which will make ABLE accounts available to 6 million additional adults with disabilities, including 1 million veterans."

As someone has already pointed out that if a potato was running against Joe, I'd vote for the potato, I see merit in this. Of course, if there are not a lot of hidden perks hiding in the bill that have nothing to do with the ABLE Act that is.

BTW, I hope this works out for you no matter who's in office.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Americans with Disabilities | Joe Biden

"Expand access to tax-advantaged savings accounts, ABLE accounts, which provide people with disabilities a way to pay for “qualified disability-related expenses, such as education, housing and transportation.” Biden will work to pass the ABLE Age Adjustment Act, which will make ABLE accounts available to 6 million additional adults with disabilities, including 1 million veterans."

At least it is a tangible hope. As I see it Obama/Biden/Democrats didn't really fix healthcare when they had a chance. Not really sure it can be fixed in the US. Too many external forces at play/it takes more than a president. I don't imagine they'd be able to fix it this time but we'll see if he gets elected.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
As someone has already pointed out that if a potato was running against Joe, I'd vote for the potato, I see merit in this. Of course, if there are not a lot of hidden perks hiding in the bill that have nothing to do with the ABLE Act that is.

BTW, I hope this works out for you no matter who's in office.
Donald Trump only says he will make people aware of ABLE accounts.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But Trump didn't.

From Mexico is going to pay for The Wall, to "Lock Her Up", to "Repeal and Replace", Trump failed on almost everything except the parts that made the rich richer. He did manage to start conflicts with everyone from Iran to China to EU, while keeping up relations with North Korea, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Russia. (You know, those bastions of freedom and Liberty).

Biden really isn't that different. He mostly just has a different flavor of lie to get elected.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Calling a "handout" a "hand up" makes the same thing sound
different...but more positive. But I say that handout can be
a good thing...when it doesn't create dysfunctional incentives.

Btw, I just got my handout....a SBA disaster loan.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Given that he takes pride in just being against anything and everything Democrats propose, I kicked a few bucks to Amy McGrath in spite of the odds. If the Democrats take the Senate and his starts filibustering everything, then we'll see the filibuster go away.

Donald Trump only says he will make people aware of ABLE accounts.

Trump lies. Believing anything he says is like believing that a Nigerian Prince is about to send you $1 million. The only thing he's honest about is promoting fear, hate and division and doing everything he can to tear down America.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Given that he takes pride in just being against anything and everything Democrats propose, I kicked a few bucks to Amy McGrath in spite of the odds. If the Democrats take the Senate and his starts filibustering everything, then we'll see the filibuster go away.

Trump lies. Believing anything he says is like believing that a Nigerian Prince is about to send you $1 million. The only thing he's honest about is promoting fear, hate and division and doing everything he can to tear down America.
You might find this interesting:

I’m a Body Language Expert. Here’s What I Saw During the Conventions.

Apparently both sides feel they are doing what's right.

Shaul

Premium Member
Tara Reade says Joe Biden gave her a hand up, but not in a good way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Tara Reade says Joe Biden gave her a hand up, but not in a good way.
Whether he did or didn't I do not know, but let me ask what about the 19 women who have claimed that Trump sexually assaulted them in some way? Supposedly there are others who have not come forth publicly at this point. And remember that Trump bragged on how can "grope" and "forceably kiss" women.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whether he did or didn't I do not know, but let me ask what about the 19 women who have claimed that Trump sexually assaulted them in some way? Supposedly there are others who have not come forth publicly at this point. And remember that Trump bragged on how can "grope" and "forceably kiss" women.
Shortened to the real point of the post.

Deidre

I hope that this does work out for you and others, OP. As with most things I’d be cautiously optimistic. But it does sound exciting.

Shaul

Premium Member
Whataboutism anyone?

All of the allegations against Trump have been looked into. The body politic has had its say about them. No one has ever even accused Trump of doing what Tara Reade says Joe Biden did. Yet some are doing all they can to avoid a warranted vetting of what happened between Joe Biden and Tara Reade. The public deserves a serious answer about whether the Democrat nominee for President sexually assaulted someone.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Whataboutism anyone?
Hypocrisy much, and with that I mean yours?

All of the allegations against Trump have been looked into. The body politic has had its say about them. No one has ever even accused Trump of doing what Tara Reade says Joe Biden did. Yet some are doing all they can to avoid a warranted vetting of what happened between Joe Biden and Tara Reade. The public deserves a serious answer about whether the Democrat nominee for President sexually assaulted someone.
It is totally hypocritical to insist that Biden be blamed for what you think he may have done but not do the same with Trump.

And, no, these allegations against Trump have not been investigated as far as we know because that would necessitate a grand jury and/or a prosecutor, and as far as I know that hasn't been done. Trump threatened to sue these women after the election, but like so many other things Trump says, he obviously lied because it hasn't happen.

No one has ever even accused Trump of doing what Tara Reade says Joe Biden did.
I had to deal with this separately because it's a lie. Here: Donald Trump sexual misconduct allegations - Wikipedia