• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jodi Foster, if she was a male..

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

In this tape, she thanked her partner for being where she is and who she is today. (This is ot what we are debating)
In the "review", it was brought up about why more people that are gay in the film industry do not "thank" their partners. The reason being, A "Macho Man" playing a certain role later admits to being gay,...... Think about it.

If you would have heard that Christopher Reeve was gay,
after you watched the movie, and they then came out with "Superman 2", Would have have watched it with the same "Aweness, for the lack of a better word"? (Of course he never came out and said anything to the like of this). or, how would you have viewed this? Would it have hurt box office sales?
I know the answer the answer to this. And I am ashamed of my own response.

I am an avid gay rights supporter. But I would look at a "Macho" gay Man differently then a 'Macho" straight man. (Movie wise)

I've come a long ways in my views sence 1st joining this forum. But not as far as I thought.
Thank you , Paw, but I still have a ways to go.
MidnightBlue, forgive me.

Now, let's see how many of are honest.

If a person playng a "Macho role" in a movie comes out and admits he his gay, then plays the same part in a sequel, would you go to theater and watch it, looking upon him the same way as you would have in the 1st movie?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I personally would not notice any difference, he would seem the same to me. I found that they guy who played Mr. Sulu on Star Trek, George Takei is gay and he is still the same old Mr. Sulu to me. Mr. Sulu is incredibly cool and always has been. :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

In this tape, she thanked her partner for being where she is and who she is today. (This is ot what we are debating)
In the "review", it was brought up about why more people that are gay in the film industry do not "thank" their partners. The reason being, A "Macho Man" playing a certain role later admits to being gay,...... Think about it.
I couldn't watch the video for some reason. Does it say Jodi Foster is gay? I knew it! She's very attractive. :flirt: Has she ever come out before?

If you would have heard that Christopher Reeve was gay,
after you watched the movie, and they then came out with "Superman 2", Would have have watched it with the same "Aweness, for the lack of a better word"? (Of course he never came out and said anything to the like of this). or, how would you have viewed this? Would it have hurt box office sales?
I know the answer the answer to this. And I am ashamed of my own response.
I hear what you're saying....For me the difference is that I would be bummed he wasn't attracted to women and when he kissed Lois Lane it wouldn't be as poignant or exciting. I'd be thinking, " you faker!".....it would be a bit of a let down. Other than that, I would still like him in films and pay to see them.

However, what makes you think gay men can't be "macho"? Rock Hudson was still manly to me after I found out he was gay.

Nanda

Polyanna
For me the difference is that I would be bummed he wasn't attracted to women and when he kissed Lois Lane it wouldn't be as poignant or exciting. I'd be thinking, " you faker!".....it would be a bit of a let down.

Buttercup, they're all fakers. It's acting! :biglaugh:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
If an actor is doing such a bad job that my focus is on his real life sexual preferences and not on his performance, then he really has no business being in the business.
Besides, 'gay' doesn't have to mean 'nance'. Tom Cruise isn't a samurai, Brad Pitt isn't a vampire, and unless throwing a phone at the concierge in a tanty qualifies you as such, Russell Crowe certainly isn't a gladiator. It hasn't stopped them making decent movies in which they played those roles, though. Sexual preference should mean bugger all to a viewing audience.
The really funny thing about this is, there are probably men all over the place now who thing Jodi Foster has gone up several points of hotness, but a gay man can't be an action hero.:rolleyes:

Francine

The really funny thing about this is, there are probably men all over the place now who thing Jodi Foster has gone up several points of hotness, but a gay man can't be an action hero.:rolleyes:

Money talks. There could be a certain hyperactive gay Scientologist male action star who makes $25 million dollars a picture, but if he ever came out of the closet his take would fall to $1 million or less.