• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jodhpur of the fort fame in India.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Though we are Kashmiri brahmins, our family has lived for three generations in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. It is more or less a desert city and is famous for its 16th Century fort. It is known as the 'blue city' in travel circles as the citizens have decided to paint their houses blue (not that I like it very much). Also, though we have moved to Delhi, I still consider Jodhpur as my home town and the relationship is not going to end during my life-time.

Jodhpur and Rajasthan are famous for their brave Rajput soldiers. Jodhpur is famous for its sweets and salty snacks. It is also famous for its spherical tortilla (Bati) which is eaten with lentils curry. Curry is originally a product of Jodhpur.

Mirchi Bara: Stuffed large chillies coated with gramflour past and fried.
Pyaz ki Kachori: Fried buns with tasty onion filling.
Mave ki Kachori: Fried buns with sweetened milk solids and dipped in sugar solution.
Motichur ke Laddu: Gram flour drops, sweetened and fried and made into balls.
Bati, Gatta Curry, Besan Curry
Jodhpur people use lots of chillies.

images
images
images
images
images
R3.jpg
images
images

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
though we are kashmiri brahmins, our family has lived for three generations in jodhpur, rajasthan, india. It is more or less a desert city and is famous for its 16th century fort. It is known as the 'blue city' in travel circles as the citizens have decided to paint their houses blue (not that i like it very much). Also, though we have moved to delhi, i still consider jodhpur as my home town and the relationship is not going to end during my life-time.

Jodhpur and rajasthan are famous for their brave rajput soldiers. Jodhpur is famous for its sweets and salty snacks.

Mirchi bara: Stuffed large chillies coated with gramflour past and fried.
Pyaz ki kachori: Fried buns with tasty onion filling.
Mave ki kachori: Fried buns with sweetened milk solids and dipped in sugar solution.
Motichur ke laddu:
images
images
images
images
:)
.....​