• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jnt

Ilisrum

I recently picked up a copy of David Stern's Complete Jewish Bible. I've been reading his translation of the New Testament, and I like the way he uses Hebrew words and ideas, although somewhat random and awkward at times. But overall, it's a readable and enjoyable translation. I've yet to read his translation of Paul's epistles, though I hear is alot of Stern's own interpretation. Do you Messianics use Stern's translation of B'rit Hadashah at all? And if so, what do you think of it?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Ah, yes, this topic came up recently, so if you don't mind I'll just copy - paste what I already posted on the subject:

Do most MJ's use the CJB as translated by David Stern?

No, actually. MJ's who are Jewish usually have a more reliable Jewish Tanach. I have several, but the one with Rashi is what I use the most. What I do have is David Stern's 'Jewish New Testament'. That and 'A Rabbinic Commentary on the New Testament' by Samuel Tobias Lachs are the only NT's I own. Otherwise I use google, if I want to see multiple versions of an NT passage.