• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jinn in Islam

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
A big hello to our Muslim friends on RF.

Please note: This question is in the Islam DIR. This is a "No Debate" area and non-believers are permitted to ask only respectful questions.

I have two main questions for you today.

1. Is the belief in Jinn still a widely held belief in the Muslim world or has belief in Jinn begun to erode due to the encroachment of modernity? (Do you and most of your friends truly believe in Jinn?)

2. Have any Muslin scientists (Physicists, Neurologists, etc) done any studies into the nature of Jinn that has been published? If so, what did these studies conclude?

Thank you, in advance, for answering my annoying questions.
Have a great day!

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

Please note: This question is in the Islam DIR. This is a "No Debate" area and non-believers are permitted to ask only respectful questions.

1. Is the belief in Jinn still a widely held belief in the Muslim world or has belief in Jinn begun to erode due to the encroachment of modernity? (Do you and most of your friends truly believe in Jinn?)

2. Have any Muslin scientists (Physicists, Neurologists, etc) done any studies into the nature of Jinn that has been published? If so, what did these studies conclude?

Have a great day!
Hello friend :)
It's known that some magicians (real magicians) used the Jinn to make magic, to know something happened in past or will happened .
Or make something evil to someone or make someone love

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

Have a great day!

In Islam, the matter of Jinn has a similarity to the matter of Angels, in the sense that they exist but we normally are not supposed to see them or affected by them..

Muslims generally have never been concerned about the Jinn..

It is not like what you read in the bible where almost communities posses by ghosts!

The whole idea is that God has created many dimensions of the universe..We are living in one dimension and have limited or almost no knowledge about the other dimensions..