• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jihadi brides ?

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
What is the general opinion on this?

This is a fairly brutal article on this subject, but it did make me wonder why these girls would leave their UK homes and go to a warzone to get married????
What am I missing here?

Let's stop making excuses for these 'jihadi brides' - Telegraph

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. As a teacher of teenagers i really wish to understand this issue better...

(MODs - Perhaps I should have put this in General Debates?)

Last edited:

This is a fairly brutal article on this subject, but it did make me wonder why these girls would leave their UK homes and go to a warzone to get married????
What am I missing here?

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. As a teacher of teenagers i really wish to understand this issue better...

Teenagers are rebellious and idealistic. Always have been.

Just that really.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

What am I missing here?

Peace be on all.

1=
Has anyone ever been able to interview these ladies after they have spent some months or year at new place, to find whether they found the life which they imagined while they were at parents' home?

2=
a==A French journalist's ISIS captors cared little about religion, Didier Francois -- who spent over 10 months as the group's prisoner in Syria -- told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview on Tuesday.

"There was never really discussion about texts or -- it was not a religious discussion. It was a political discussion."
Source: ISIS captors cared little about religion, says former hostage - CNN.com

b== A German remained with terrorists:
He said he reminded the fighters that most chapters of the Koran began with the words "Allah... most merciful".

"I asked: Where is the mercy? I never got the real answer."
Source: BBC News - Rare Islamic State visit reveals 'brutal and strong' force

3=
Muslim parents in West has great responsibility to tell their growing children about real peaceful teaching of Islam, answer their questions [first learning by themselves] and keep them away to fall prey to such extremists.

Sakeenah

What am I missing here?

Hi,

most girls that go are teenagers aged 15-18 year old they are rebelling against western society and looking for a group or society they feel they belong. They do this because they belief society rejects them for practicing their religion etc. And they have a very unrealistic view of the so called Isis Islamic caliphate..they think this is some sort of Islamic utopia..and they go there with the hope of finding a warrior/ mujahid ' freedom fighter' to marry.
Teenage girls are easily influenced by social media and this is what those groups use to attract those young girls.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

What am I missing here?

Salam

there is no such think happened in era of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ,it's clearlly adultery by name of Islam.

I thought it's about satisfy their sex instinct NOT religion , shame on them