• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jews: "Toxicity" of Abrahamic God?

Skeezy

Thank you. You saved me from having to point this out. It's kind of an obvious thing.

The message is hidden to most even those who study the same God. In only focusing on the Abrahamic side of god his word is incomplete. Many things can interfere with his full message.

Aethiests among many peoples, tend to think of God as hands off. In scripture it made clear that a persons spirit wether believer or not, good or evil etc. Is already set so to speak. God is using the evil and the good as a means to remake chosen people perfect.

Everyone is definitely not included and some never were and those people are goind to show their colors at some point even after hundreds of years as, its really who they have always been and they haven't pretended well anyway. They are only not wicked to themselves, to everyone else their evil is obvious and is already written about in prophecy.
Meaning people reject the word because their spirt rejects it, possibly even their blood.

This is why I have stayed away from mans denominations of the word and stick to individual spitituality. In doing so, even I see most religions as false in one way or another.

For someone who sees truth through worldy falsehoods, everything is in the book. All mans behaviors even past and future and its amazing how man can't break gods word even in turning away from him, only fullfill it. Much like I see many white people realizing its and african religion and everyone in the book is black to brown and that is enough to turn them away.

Many things like that cloud religion and block people from a truth that sits in front of them and always has. Men taint what they read and in doing so, lead others astray. I always found hypocrisy in worshipping a statue of mans depiction of jesus in the christian church as that clouds one of the main purposes of gods word. To reveal whos who and whats what. It tells you who Israel is right now and who the devils lineage is.. right now. Evil has just ruled for a long time under false pretenses and deception.

Revelations is very specific, its easy to see who its talking about that jesus comes back to fight and even God himself eventually smacks them down and throws them in the fire. They know who they are and I bet if you think about it with an honest heart.. its obvious.

Once you know the truth of reality and Gods truth, they are the same. When truth reveals itself to you, you know god is real, and you see the bluk of man as the selfish pawns we are. Trapped in our flaws which are already written down and heading to a fate that could easily be avoided even in a godless state. But no, man keeps fullfilling prophecy and Satanism is already mainstream and has been for some time but its going to be more in your face than ever and many will gravitate to it.

What you wont get without bible and other books and precepts is the truth. The world hates truth. They'll say they want science etc. What about truth? Ok jesus wasnt white. What else does that mean? A lot. A whole lot as it too is prophecy that they "will change the faces of the judges." So even that is already foretold. Evetything is.

The scrolls have put all of man into a neat little box and told you who ruins the world and how. Yet the bulk of "christians", "false believers", "non believers" and many others who could read evety book from cover to cover many times and not get it, are oblivious. Those in charge of those who pretend to be hebrew may not be so oblivious. Ignoring the latter half may be why they too are fullfilling prophecy as it also speaks of them.

If the word doesnt speak to you...its not for you. (Also in the books)

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The message is hidden to most even those who study the same God.
I dont' think there are any hidden messages in the sacred text. I think that with a good working knowledge of Hebrew, and a scholarly understanding of the culture and times, and a grounding in how various smaller texts got spliced together to form a larger text, one can understand the Bible. I do not believe that for exampel the holy spirit guides to all truth. You are better off spending some money on a good education, than to go to the holy spirit.

Skeezy

I dont' think there are any hidden messages in the sacred text. I think that with a good working knowledge of Hebrew, and a scholarly understanding of the culture and times, and a grounding in how various smaller texts got spliced together to form a larger text, one can understand the Bible. I do not believe that for exampel the holy spirit guides to all truth. You are better off spending some money on a good education, than to go to the holy spirit.

Its actually in the text that most people are not going to understand it and only those its ment for will. Meaning if your not chosen your not going to see Gods messages or even the truth in it. Its messages aren't hidden but somehow many dont see them no matter how many times they read it. Certain truths have only been revealed recently as well

I know many that do see the truth but remember they are going to be hated by the rest of the world until jesus returns and everyone that is in their way is spiritually forced to move out of their way while they return home.

This would mean nothing to someone who it is not referring to or they would "interprit" it to mean x y z about general population when it is being very specific. They also twist what it says to mean something to them when they do not fit the description of the people. They add falshoods instead of accepting what is written because its not talking about them. Those are the ones who are "leaving religion".

Im paraphrasing but the actual text is closr to, Only those who truly have God in their heart can understand the text. This is not even most churches. When you look at how many religions have integrated obvious lies into practice you have to follow text without lies as your base at the very least this is partly why only recently certain truths have been revealed because lies have shed and the truth stands.

For example. Ill give you one possible truth. Black Hebrew Israelites. Nonsense with a white jesus right? Howrver if you ignore people and read text of who gods people are you'll find part of a history that white people tried to erase. Not only that but aparently th white people turned all forms of anything holy into looking like them... distroting whos who.. and whats what. Who does the bible say white people are? ....

Im just saying. If your honest the truth is in the book. It tells you who everyone is and their roles. The only way he could make it clearer is if it said that he would come down; smack down the space station, and destroy the sky scrapers and make the 1st last and the last 1st to right wrongs... .. oh wait all of that is in there. I mean we can pretend like it isnt what it is but, I deal in truth man and everyone fits their bill to a T. Plainly written.. yeah jesus isnt happy with white people...technically the spirit of cain etc etc but you knew that already

Now white people did tamper and create slavers bibles during slavery, but why didnt they chaage their own book to make everyone white? (Cause people are sheep and dont read or care, they just want to feel good) How did all that literal text exposing truth about what going on today survive?.... God perhaps? Like, why didnt they only change all imagery racially, even currently today online if you search, you'll gind white king solomon, and white david, white noah etc. None of whom are white they are all described as dark men.... but why not change the text to make everyone white? Because Satan can only do what God allows.

Do you have any idea how sick of a notion it is for one to be to steal an african god, Turn him white and give him back to his own people as a savior while majing them forget who they are and dehumanizing them?..

Everyone fits their bill and its all written down long before we existed. Believers dont think God is real, the proof is in reality living up to his word and even non believers have no control over how right he is

Without truth and acceptence you can't even repent so.. did you ever really believe? Or does the vast centuries long list of possibly unforgivable sins not count?

Its all explained in detail in non metaphorical text. .. you either see what it says or you dont and follow the herd into what the books says is damnation. It says God is having tryouts to see whos worthy and most aint gunna make it... they cant even be real with themselves let alone the weight of truth.

"Yeah, I was a Christian/Christ like but now Im aethiest." Nope.. sadly far from most of the religion isnt christlike and neither were you.

More like traditionally just going with the flow of bs thats going on.

And if anyone who didnt know this, took this to heart, regardless of race, Congratulations you are partly woke. Repent while you still have time and make things right by calling out evil.

Last edited:

Clara Tea

Two things mostly:

1) The things that are done in its name - it is used as a means of justifying things, as a concept it has not always been put to good use, to say the very least (see next point) - "God wants X so do Y"

2) The things that its scripture inspires - war, slavery, the subjugation off women, the persecution of gays, the persecution of other religious groups (even those who share the same God Concept). It seems to me that a lot of blood has been spilt that wouldn't necessarily have been spilt without its influence

I think that the concept can do a lot of good in the right hands, but that historically this has been put in the shade by various forms of evil - which is why in my assessment it is not such a wonderful thing

I don't think that it is either inherently good or bad - I see it as a phenomenon rather than a person, so my opinion is based on how it is used rather than an assessment of its charachter

Why have Jews been singled out?

Christians also follow the 10 Commandments (brought down from the mountain by Moses (a Jew) for the Hebrews). Christians participate in wars (President W. Bush made wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and tried to make a war in Niger, but was stopped). Christians, in America, certainly had slaves. Many Christian sects subjugate women (seen and not heard...can't run for political positions). Many Christians persecute Gays (in fact, they seem to be the chief group that is doing this today). I don't see Jews out there trying to stop Gays.

Usually when Jews are singled out, I suspect antisemitism.

Clara Tea

Its actually in the text that most people are not going to understand it and only those its ment for will. Meaning if your not chosen your not going to see Gods messages or even the truth in it. Its messages aren't hidden but somehow many dont see them no matter how many times they read it. Certain truths have only been revealed recently as well

I know many that do see the truth but remember they are going to be hated by the rest of the world until jesus returns and everyone that is in their way is spiritually forced to move out of their way while they return home.

This would mean nothing to someone who it is not referring to or they would "interprit" it to mean x y z about general population when it is being very specific. They also twist what it says to mean something to them when they do not fit the description of the people. They add falshoods instead of accepting what is written because its not talking about them. Those are the ones who are "leaving religion".

Im paraphrasing but the actual text is closr to, Only those who truly have God in their heart can understand the text. This is not even most churches. When you look at how many religions have integrated obvious lies into practice you have to follow text without lies as your base at the very least this is partly why only recently certain truths have been revealed because lies have shed and the truth stands.

For example. Ill give you one possible truth. Black Hebrew Israelites. Nonsense with a white jesus right? Howrver if you ignore people and read text of who gods people are you'll find part of a history that white people tried to erase. Not only that but aparently th white people turned all forms of anything holy into looking like them... distroting whos who.. and whats what. Who does the bible say white people are? ....

Im just saying. If your honest the truth is in the book. It tells you who everyone is and their roles. The only way he could make it clearer is if it said that he would come down; smack down the space station, and destroy the sky scrapers and make the 1st last and the last 1st to right wrongs... .. oh wait all of that is in there. I mean we can pretend like it isnt what it is but, I deal in truth man and everyone fits their bill to a T. Plainly written.. yeah jesus isnt happy with white people...technically the spirit of cain etc etc but you knew that already

Now white people did tamper and create slavers bibles during slavery, but why didnt they chaage their own book to make everyone white? (Cause people are sheep and dont read or care, they just want to feel good) How did all that literal text exposing truth about what going on today survive?.... God perhaps? Like, why didnt they only change all imagery racially, even currently today online if you search, you'll gind white king solomon, and white david, white noah etc. None of whom are white they are all described as dark men.... but why not change the text to make everyone white? Because Satan can only do what God allows.

Do you have any idea how sick of a notion it is for one to be to steal an african god, Turn him white and give him back to his own people as a savior while majing them forget who they are and dehumanizing them?..

Everyone fits their bill and its all written down long before we existed. Believers dont think God is real, the proof is in reality living up to his word and even non believers have no control over how right he is

Without truth and acceptence you can't even repent so.. did you ever really believe? Or does the vast centuries long list of possibly unforgivable sins not count?

Its all explained in detail in non metaphorical text. .. you either see what it says or you dont and follow the herd into what the books says is damnation. It says God is having tryouts to see whos worthy and most aint gunna make it... they cant even be real with themselves let alone the weight of truth.

"Yeah, I was a Christian/Christ like but now Im aethiest." Nope.. sadly far from most of the religion isnt christlike and neither were you.

More like traditionally just going with the flow of bs thats going on.

And if anyone who didnt know this, took this to heart, regardless of race, Congratulations you are partly woke. Repent while you still have time and make things right by calling out evil.

In Jesus's day, Jews and Arabs (both Semites) were dark skinned, and not White. Only when Jews were spread to other nations (diaspora) did they mix with other races, and some became White or blonde. Depiction of Jesus as a White guy is only for the benefit of the Whites who worship him (they want him to look like themselves).

To me, the fact that Jesus was of color is a reminder that any person of color (Blacks, for example) are worthy in God's eyes. I see slavery of Blacks as an affront to God.

Segev Moran

This is aimed at the RF Jews, so Jews only please

@RabbiO in particular
I am not a rabbi.
I have recently rejected the Abrahamic God concept, after years of struggle and confusion
It is a hard thing to let go your beliefs.
And I don't see myself ever going back to him
That's ok. you shouldn't feel bad about it.
In another post I claimed that the Abrahamic God Concept was "toxic" due to all the harm it has done over the past two millennia - by the adherents of the various faiths who believe in it - including my own
Actually, God didn't cause any harm. Humans did.
The Abrahamic God depiction, is one of the most misinterpreted concept in the world.
For both Jews and non Jews.
The Rabbi accused me of believing that the Jews are blind, ignorant and stupid for holding on to such a God Concept
Why?
I do not believe you are, as I explained to him elsewhere
You don't consider yourself a Jew?, regardless of the belief in a god or non of it.
That is simply not how Jews are defined in my brain
How do you define a Jew?
But I can no longer accept the Abrahamic God Concept as something that I believe in
I am a Jew, and I can tell you that many Jews don't think there is a god, any of them.
They lead happy lives.
So if you have fear (unconscious) from god... don't.
Just be a good person regardless of what you believe.
I think it is 1) false and 2) harmful - hence I believe it to be toxic
1. Depends on what you define as God Concept
2. It can be abused. as any other idea in the world... like money, like Jesus, like energy... take your pick.
I promise you that people who abuse others for the idea of God, are uneducated in sciences. as for Jews who do that, it means they are also uneducated with the Jewish teachings.
I understand that the goodness of God is central to your Jewish identity
I wouldn't say goodness, rather beneficial to our existence.
The idea of good in the Jewish beliefs is very complex.
The basis of good behavior in the Jewish texts , is portrayed as basic social rules that can allow us to thrive as a humans.
Unfortunately, rare are the societies who lived or live by them today.
and I understand how you may take this personally, but my intention was to engage with ideas and concepts, not individual people or groups and I'm truly sorry if you take this some other way
I do not take personally :)
I actually am very intrigued with your words.
Also, I arrived at this conclusion based (mainly) on the way Christians have used the concept, which makes it seem pretty toxic to me, and that is what I was going on when I said it was a "toxic" - that and how God is said to have behaved in scripture
What do you mean when you say "Toxic"?
I say: To me it seems as though The Abrahamic God Concept is toxic yet I must emphasise that I do not believe the various religions it has inspired to be toxic or that those who believe in it are fools (or worse)
I am not sure I follow you. What do you mean by "Abrahamic God Concept"? And who defined that concept?
Question: As a Jew, what do you think about the accusation that the Abrahamic God Concept is somewhat toxic?
Can you elaborate what the concept is?
I know you don't believe that it is, but could you please explain why?
Gladly.
I met very few people who know what the Abrahamic God "Concept" really is based on the Jewish teachings.
Please, provide me with your perspective. Basically: Why is the concept not toxic?
What do you mean by "toxic"?
If it is that it can be abused, sure... many concepts of god are abused around the world regardless of religion.
But the same goes for any appealing concept like wealth and respect. there are thousands of examples that are many times more "toxic".
I do not want to argue with you, I want to listen what you have to say as I want to better understand the situation
Religion can be abused. True. It doesn't mean everyone use it to abuse.
So I would say religion (as many other things) can be "toxic" when in the "hands" of "toxic" people.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
***THIS THREAD IS FOR JEWS ONLY.
FURTHER POSTS BY NON-JEWS WILL RESULT IN MODERATION***

Ehav4Ever

This is aimed at the RF Jews, so Jews only please

@RabbiO
Question: As a Jew, what do you think about the accusation that the Abrahamic God Concept is somewhat toxic? I know you don't believe that it is, but could you please explain why? Please, provide me with your perspective. Basically: Why is the concept not toxic?

Greetings,

I may be able to help you with this question by not using terms that may not get you to the heart of your question. I don't see any reason for any Jew to be offended by what you described as a your problem with you defined as a "Abrahamic God Concept."

The only way I could see someone getting offended is if it was suspected that you were really saying, "My problem is really against Jews." I.e. if it were perceived that you feel that your problem with what you term a "Abrahamic God Concept" is because of Jews.

That being said, I would agree with you in one respect. I agree that the taking of the Torath Mosheh/Torah/Ancient Judaism and translating using foreign terms and eqauting it to a "Abrahamic God Concept" is toxic.

That being said, the following video I did way back may help you.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Greetings,

I may be able to help you with this question by not using terms that may not get you to the heart of your question. I don't see any reason for any Jew to be offended by what you described as a your problem with you defined as a "Abrahamic God Concept."

The only way I could see someone getting offended is if it was suspected that you were really saying, "My problem is really against Jews." I.e. if it were perceived that you feel that your problem with what you term a "Abrahamic God Concept" is because of Jews.

That being said, I would agree with you in one respect. I agree that the taking of the Torath Mosheh/Torah/Ancient Judaism and translating using foreign terms and eqauting it to a "Abrahamic God Concept" is toxic.

That being said, the following video I did way back may help you.

Thank you for your reply and for sharing those videos

I will watch them in the future, got some things on at the moment...

And let it be known, I am not at all against Jews

The notion that I am against Jews is untrue

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
To calrify. Jews or Jewish or both?
Huge difference.
Jew is a noun. Jewish is an adjective. You can say he is a Jew, or you can say he is a Jewish person. It means the same thing.

This is supposed to be a thread replied to by Jews only, meaning those born of a Jewish mom or who have gone through a lawful conversion to Judaism. Not Chrisitans. Not atheists. Not people who are spiritual but not religious. Not Black Hebrew Israelites. Etc.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Jew is a noun. Jewish is an adjective. You can say he is a Jew, or you can say he is a Jewish person. It means the same thing.
That is incorrect in terms of the rules of RF. On RF only members who identify as practioners of Judaism are allowed to participate in the Judaism DIR, the Jewish private forum and Jews-only threads.