• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jews in hell????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Withdrawnmist said:
How can i accept something that I have trouble believing in ?

That's one of the million dollar questions, if you ask me. If you're looking for religion in general, look around, don't just read into the more popular ones. There are SO many other belief systems that are not Abrahamic, it's unbelievable. Think about what you believe in, and look for something that has the same things.

If God comes down for tea and a chat then I'll of course acquiesce....but , in my bookcase, the bible is just a book !:)

:sheep: That would be something to see... God talking to a sheep ;)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Withdrawnmist said:

:) That's the great thing, you don't have to. Plenty of other belief systems out there don't employ this (terribly uninspiring) idea. I don't think you could force yourself to believe in it, no matter how many "turn or burn" posts any Christian makes.

W

Withdrawnmist

Gentoo said:
That's one of the million dollar questions, if you ask me. If you're looking for religion in general, look around, don't just read into the more popular ones. There are SO many other belief systems that are not Abrahamic, it's unbelievable. Think about what you believe in, and look for something that has the same things.

:sheep: That would be something to see... God talking to a sheep ;)
LOL !!..THANK EWE for this GENTOO...and for the codiality of your words !

Very good point ewe mentioned...food for thought definitely !!

hugs the Gentoo

W

Withdrawnmist

MaddLlama said:
:) That's the great thing, you don't have to. Plenty of other belief systems out there don't employ this (terribly uninspiring) idea. I don't think you could force yourself to believe in it, no matter how many "turn or burn" posts any Christian makes.

THANK EWE MADDLLAMA....Peeps as naive as myself often fail to realise that there are in fact alternative belief systems.

Hmmm...interesting......THANK EWE

Sheepy Hugs the Llama.

YAYYYYYYYYYYY !!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Withdrawnmist said:
THANK EWE MADDLLAMA....Peeps as naive as myself often fail to realise that there are in fact alternative belief systems.

Hmmm...interesting......THANK EWE

Sheepy Hugs the Llama.

YAYYYYYYYYYYY !!

Us furry creatures have to stick together, after all. =)

I think Christianity may be the only religion that employs the notion of original sin, though other religions have different explanations for why humans are flawed in nature. Most "modern" faiths (humanism, UU, Paganism, New Age spiritualities) and some eastern philosophies don't believe in an inherently flawed nature at all.

W

Withdrawnmist

MaddLlama said:

I think Christianity may be the only religion that employs the notion of original sin, though other religions have different explanations for why humans are flawed in nature. Most "modern" faiths (humanism, UU, Paganism, New Age spiritualities) and some eastern philosophies don't believe in an inherently flawed nature at all.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!

Me just thinks in some case that we are supposed to be flawed !!..we are supposed to make mistakes....it is part oif our special human nature and is a way of learning....and so...perhaops we are supposed to sin too ..!! I don't mean big bad horrible nasty sins like murder and stuff..

THANk EWE for this Llama....I really apprecaite your pointing out such other belief systems which don't include the ' original sin ' concept which I have to say I find quite disconcerting.....

..the points ewe have made regarding the other belifes is most encouraging and me thanks ewe for that.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
BORN SINNER said:
Why Do Christians Think The Jews Will Go To Hell??? Jesus Is A Jew So Does That Mean Hes In Hell??????????? And Also Why Do The Christians Think That All Who Do Not Have The Same Faith As Christians Will Also Burn In Hell????
Why do Christians think this and that? It's not about the christian or non christian.
it's going to come down to one thing and it it surely will not be what we as christians think or don't think it will be what the word of God tells us.
Placing this on us makes us look as if we are judgemental and critical and yes there are some who do these things,but it will come down to what did each of us do with the truth of God and the work of His Son on the cross

As some people who do profess to be christian do misrepresent the word of God many times and walk not after the spirit but after their own lusts and opinions,it will all come out in the wash on that great and awesome day when Rom 14:11 For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God,So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Phl 2:11And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
MaddLlama said:

But... but... what about penguins?! :pen: Unless you're all discriminating against those of us with feathers instead of fur! :D

W

Withdrawnmist

Gentoo said:
But... but... what about penguins?! :pen: Unless you're all discriminating against those of us with feathers instead of fur! :D
EWE just come right here !!

*grabs that penguin cos the penguin is adorable and cute and so hugglesome !!..YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY *..

Penguins are great......YAYYYYYYYYYYYY !!..here..have a fish !!
20.gif

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
BORN SINNER said:
Why Do Christians Think The Jews Will Go To Hell??? Jesus Is A Jew So Does That Mean Hes In Hell??????????? And Also Why Do The Christians Think That All Who Do Not Have The Same Faith As Christians Will Also Burn In Hell????
It's not a matter of what we think ,but what God's word declares.
Those who have not received the savior into their hearts and trusted him for the forgiveness of sins are lost.
But there is always while there is breath a chance to spared from the impending judgement that is coming upon the face of the earth.
There will be a day where we will all give an account of our lives
Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
Jhn 3:18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Jhn 5:24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Rom 5:1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
BORN SINNER said:
goohfs.jpg

Well, solves that problem. I've done my good deed for the day :angel2:

cardero

Citizen Mod
adilrockstar said:
Not a judgment, I believe that the Bible is complete truth. If the story was not true it would not be in the book. God did not create the Bible to tell us stories of make believe. I did not judge you, the word of God did.
You cannot believe something to be complete Truth. It either is Truth or it is not (valid proof is necessary upon proclamation of such Truth) everything else remains in the realm of belief or faith.

adilrockstar

Scott1 said:
Nah..... unless they don't speak English at more than a second grade level.... let me explain for them:

The common dictionary definition of truth mentions some form of accord with fact or reality.

See.... not so hard.... and I think you have to be at least 13 years old to post here, so I don't think we'll have any problems.

Very "Christian" of you Scott1. True colors always bleed through.

adilrockstar

Withdrawnmist said:
THANK YOU ADILROCKSTAR,

I am willing to be persuaded but it has to be to my satisfaction.

If God comes down for tea and a chat then I'll of course acquiesce....but , in my bookcase, the bible is just a book !:)

One word......PRIDE

SORRY

God Bless

Adil

adilrockstar

cardero said:
You cannot believe something to be complete Truth. It either is Truth or it is not (valid proof is necessary upon proclamation of such Truth) everything else remains in the realm of belief or faith.

All the proof that I need is in my heart and life. I say I because I am speaking for myself, as I made clear in my original statement

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
adilrockstar said:
These people are not just "someone". Adam and Eve are the Father and Mother of all of humanity.
What difference does that make? Why do you think God would punish you for something they did? Besides, didn't Christ atone for Adam's sin? If He did, then it has been forgiven. There is nothing left for us to be punished for.

Status
Not open for further replies.