• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jews in hell????

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Withdrawnmist

THANK YOU GENTOO & ADILROCKSTAR for taking the time to answer my post.

Just wanted to acknowledge that.

These kinds of threads often are quick to raise the adrenalin levels on all parts. Especially when perspectives can be so rigid that there are some who will not even entertain the possibility of an alternative point of view.

I know so little about religion that I have little understanding to fall back on.
When I look at the rules and regulations though , from a purely human emotional non pious perspective it seems wholly unjust....now...perhaps one might say that it's the ' bigger picture ' I should be considering....... but my life in the now ,also requires my attendance and I choose to apply my own rules and regulations...and me gets by just fine.

I can not fathom this ' original Sin '....I can not hold anyone responsible for anything that their ancestor did !..it's irrational and illogical to extend guilt to the unborn...
In MY Opinion....why do I share that responsibility ?..and my children too ?

Hugs & shmishes and smiles.:)

Scott1

Withdrawnmist said:
I can not fathom this ' original Sin '....I can not hold anyone responsible for anything that their ancestor did !..it's irrational and illogical to extend guilt to the unborn...
Just FYI... "original sin" has nothing to do with personal guilt for anything... no person is "responsible" for anything your ancestors did or did not do.

The orthodox teaching about original sin likens it to something like a "sickness" that we all have: we are all born mortal... we all are selfish... we all will sin... etc. .... but it's not something you have do be sorry about or seek forgiveness... it's just part of the human condidition.

Just so ya know.:D

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Withdrawnmist said:
Good for you. :yes: What kind of a loving God would punish us for the sins someone committed 6000 years ago? Not the one I believe in!

W

Withdrawnmist

Scott1 said:
Just FYI... "original sin" has nothing to do with personal guilt for anything... no person is "responsible" for anything your ancestors did or did not do.

The orthodox teaching about original sin likens it to something like a "sickness" that we all have: we are all born mortal... we all are selfish... we all will sin... etc. .... but it's not something you have do be sorry about or seek forgiveness... it's just part of the human condidition.

Just so ya know.:D

YAYYYYYYY !!..me knows now !!

THANK YOU SCOTT1...so even though I did not commit the Original Sin......Am i still to suffer the consequences of it ?

Thank you very much for your helping me to understand.

W

Withdrawnmist

Katzpur said:
Good for you. :yes: What kind of a loving God would punish us for the sins someone committed 6000 years ago? Not the one I believe in!

HUGS THE KATZPUR !!..

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!

W

Withdrawnmist

Gosh !!..Wiki has a lot to say about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

I can't even begin to fathom it !!..........but I can see that there are many different versiosn of what Original sin is !!..Now that is well confusing !!

LOL..when is religion NOT confusing ?..

Scott1

Withdrawnmist said:
THANK YOU SCOTT1...so even though I did not commit the Original Sin......Am i still to suffer the consequences of it ?
Consequences is the wrong word.... again, it's more of a description of the human condition than something we must "suffer" for.

Our fallen nature is what makes us need a savior.... it's the reason we needed Christ (speaking for Christians--- not we as in you and I :D ).
LOL..when is religion NOT confusing ?..
Amen!

Sometimes that makes it all the more satisfiying when you "get it"....

adilrockstar

Katzpur said:
Good point. I kind of wondered that, too. I'm pretty sure that adil was thinking in terms of the Abrahamic God. I guess that anyone who believed in the Abrahamic God after Christ's ministry, but who did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah, was Jewish. (At least until Muhammed came along.) I guess that would be adil's logic in thinking God's going to send all of the Jews who lived after Christ to Hell, while allowing the "God fearing ones" who lived before Christ to go to Heaven. Sounds a bit skewed to me.

Any Jew that believes in Christ will go to Heaven.

adilrockstar

Withdrawnmist said:
YAYYYYYYY !!..me knows now !!

Thank you very much for your helping me to understand.

The only way you will suffer the consequences, which are death, is if you do not accept Christ (GOD).

adilrockstar

Katzpur said:

These people are not just "someone". Adam and Eve are the Father and Mother of all of humanity.

Scott1

adilrockstar said:
These people are not just "someone". Adam and Eve are the Father and Mother of all of humanity.
Or just a cute story meant to explain a theological truth.... sounds good to me.:shrug:

adilrockstar

Scott1 said:
Know Him? I love him!

But thanks for the judgement!

Peace be with you
S

Not a judgment, I believe that the Bible is complete truth. If the story was not true it would not be in the book. God did not create the Bible to tell us stories of make believe. I did not judge you, the word of God did.

Scott1

adilrockstar said:
Not a judgment, I believe that the Bible is complete truth. If the story was not true it would not be in the book. God did not create the Bible to tell us stories of make believe. I did not judge you, the word of God did.
Never said it was not true.... but thanks anyway.

adilrockstar

Scott1 said:
Never said it was not true.... but thanks anyway.

Maybe you should be more clear.

If someone was to read your comment it would come across as if you think Adam and Eve was just a fairy tale.

Scott1

adilrockstar said:
Maybe you should be more clear.

If someone was to read your comment it would come across as if you think Adam and Eve was just a fairy tale.
Nah..... unless they don't speak English at more than a second grade level.... let me explain for them:
Scott said:
Or just a cute story meant to explain a theological truth.... sounds good to me.
The common dictionary definition of truth mentions some form of accord with fact or reality.

See.... not so hard.... and I think you have to be at least 13 years old to post here, so I don't think we'll have any problems.

W

Withdrawnmist

adilrockstar said:
The only way you will suffer the consequences, which are death, is if you do not accept Christ (GOD).

THANK YOU ADILROCKSTAR,

How can i accept something that I have trouble believing in ?

I am willing to be persuaded but it has to be to my satisfaction.

If God comes down for tea and a chat then I'll of course acquiesce....but , in my bookcase, the bible is just a book !:)

Scott1

Withdrawnmist said:
If God comes down for tea and a chat then I'll of course acquiesce....but , in my bookcase, the bible is just a book !:)
Ohhhhhh.... don't encourage him.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.