• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jews in hell????

Status
Not open for further replies.

adilrockstar

MaddLlama said:
Pot, meet kettle. I think you two will have a lot in common.

Cute comment.

I have solid ground and give evidence backing up why I believe what I believe. I don't just make ridiculous comments to everyone, with no real point other than to insult them. There is a major difference in the two of us. I am here with a real purpose, to share what I believe is the truth. He/she is here from the evidence I have seen thus far, just to sit back and jump at any opportunity to insult or demean someone. It is very disrespectful and childish.

God Bless

Adil

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
adilrockstar said:
Cute comment.

I have solid ground and give evidence backing up why I believe what I believe. I don't just make ridiculous comments to everyone, with no real point other than to insult them. There is a major difference in the two of us. I am here with a real purpose, to share what I believe is the truth. He/she is here from the evidence I have seen thus far, just to sit back and jump at any opportunity to insult or demean someone. It is very disrespectful and childish.

I haven't seen you present any evidence for anything, actually. When it comes to beliefs, everyone is just presenting thier opinion.
Maybe if you took a step back you'd be able to see that you're not really contributing much, since you have demonstrated very little respect (or interest) in the opinions and beliefs of others.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
So is saying:

This was not childish, this was letting him/her know why I will not be responding to them any longer. I have had several incidents witht this member. I have given chance after chance after chance for this member to give me a reason to continue discussing with them. They have just not been able to do so, actually the opposite.

God Bless

Adil

adilrockstar

MaddLlama said:
I haven't seen you present any evidence for anything, actually. When it comes to beliefs, everyone is just presenting thier opinion.
Maybe if you took a step back you'd be able to see that you're not really contributing much, since you have demonstrated very little respect (or interest) in the opinions and beliefs of others.

You obviously don't read many of my posts. This is exactly the reason you are on my ignore list.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
adilrockstar said:
You obviously don't read many of my posts. This is exactly the reason you are on my ignore list.

How's that been working out for you?
(Apparently not too well if you're still talking to me :D)

Are you interested in learning about other religions, or just talking about your own? I'm just curious, since this is an interfaith forum after all. I think we already went over the whole "the purpose of this forum is not to convert people thing".

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
This was not childish, this was letting him/her know why I will not be responding to them any longer. I have had several incidents witht this member. I have given chance after chance after chance for this member to give me a reason to continue discussing with them. They have just not been able to do so, actually the opposite.

God Bless

Adil

I meant that you stated it in the first place. If that's the reason, fine; but it doesn't need to be announced so all can see.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
I meant that you stated it in the first place. If that's the reason, fine; but it doesn't need to be announced so all can see.

You may be correct, maybe I should have pm'd this member.

This member has no problem publicly disrespecting others.:shrug:

W

Withdrawnmist

Wocha peeps,

So, where have all the Peeps gone who were around before JC...?..Heaven ?..even the bad nasty ones ?

Is it really possible for us as mere humans (or in my case a woolly ruminant quadruped ! ;))...to really be able to understand what God wants ?...surely with so much ambiguity how can you ever be sure that what you do is what God wants ?
Surely God is open to flexibility and negotiation !

I never understand fully why I am a sinner, or a born sinner !!..why's that then ?

What about people in isolated parts of the world who have never heard of JC or Christianity ? ...It's not fair for them is it ?...........If God was God would they not have some natural proclivity to believe in JC ?...why not just give us all our free will but have us born with the knowledge of Christianity , so that people can make a choice ?

Oh, me does not know.

To me Religion is all about personal opinion and subjectivity which then leads to what form your belief takes....well, and I suppose believing in a deity helps too eh ?

Personally, I don't see why someone must go to Hell just because they are not believers. They could be the most wonderful philanthropic benevolent people on Earth and still be sent to Hell because they may be non believers or atheists !!! !..I just don't get that !!....In today's world is that really right ?........What then happens to all the people who's live have changed for the better and benefited form the lives of these benevolent people ?

Sorry...lots of questions....!!!..but asked with respect and a hug.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
You may be correct, maybe I should have pm'd this member.

This member has no problem publicly disrespecting others.:shrug:

What another member does is not of your business. Just because they do something, does not give anyone else the right to do so as well. I believe that Christians are taught to turn the other cheek in instances like this, perhaps this would be a good instance to implement that belief?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I've heard some Christians say only Jews before jesus' death got into heaven, and people who never heard of Jesus were judged on thier individual merit. I always wondered if it wouldn't be better not to spread the good word though, becuase at least then people who might reject it have a fair shot.

adilrockstar

Withdrawnmist said:
Wocha peeps,

1. So, where have all the Peeps gone who were around before JC...?..Heaven ?..even the bad nasty ones ?

2. Is it really possible for us as mere humans (or in my case a woolly ruminant quadruped ! ;))...to really be able to understand what God wants ?...surely with so much ambiguity how can you ever be sure that what you do is what God wants ?

3. I never understand fully why I am a sinner, or a born sinner !!..why's that then ?

4. What about people in isolated parts of the world who have never heard of JC or Christianity ? ...It's not fair for them is it ?...........If God was God would they not have some natural proclivity to believe in JC ?...

5. why not just give us all our free will but have us born with the knowledge of Christianity , so that people can make a choice ?

Oh, me does not know.

To me Religion is all about personal opinion and subjectivity which then leads to what form your belief takes....well, and I suppose believing in a deity helps too eh ?

6. Personally, I don't see why someone must go to Hell just because they are not believers. They could be the most wonderful philanthropic benevolent people on Earth and still be sent to Hell because they may be non believers or atheists !!! !..I just don't get that !!....

7. In today's world is that really right ?........What then happens to all the people who's live have changed for the better and benefited form the lives of these benevolent people ?

1. The God fearing peeps went to Heaven, the others to Hell.
2. God tells us everything we need to know in His WORD the Bible. Not open for negotiation.
3. You are a sinner because of your ancestrial Father and Mother, Adam and Eve.
4. God will judge fairly, you should just be concerned about your own salvation, you will have no excuse of ignorance.
6. People must go to Hell because they don't serve GOD the CREATOR. Remeber that He is GOD and we are NOT.
5. You have the ability to make a choice right now.
7. God never changes, the world might have changed and new people born, but God never changes.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Withdrawnmist said:
Wocha peeps,

So, where have all the Peeps gone who were around before JC...?..Heaven ?..even the bad nasty ones ?

In Christianity, it was believed that everyone before Jesus was sent to Hell, because they had not heard Jesus' teachings. While I personally don't agree with that, (how can you accept someone as your savior when that savior wasn't born yet?) Catholics believed that righteous pagans were sent to Limbo, the top-most level of Hell with the un-baptised babies. No torture there, but they still couldn't go to Heaven.

Is it really possible for us as mere humans (or in my case a woolly ruminant quadruped ! ;))...to really be able to understand what God wants ?...surely with so much ambiguity how can you ever be sure that what you do is what God wants ?

One would think so, but there are those that don't.

I never understand fully why I am a sinner, or a born sinner !!..why's that then ?

Some believe that to rise above sin, they have to accept Christ as their savior, then their sins are washed from them. Have you heard of Original Sin? From what I understand it stems from back when Eve was tempted into eating the forbidden apple, and got Adam do it as well. Baptism is how that Original Sin is washed away.

What about people in isolated parts of the world who have never heard of JC or Christianity ? ...It's not fair for them is it ?...........If God was God would they not have some natural proclivity to believe in JC ?...why not just give us all our free will but have us born with the knowledge of Christianity , so that people can make a choice ?

No, it's not fair, from that point of view. But that's why Christianity has so many missionaries in different parts of the world, to "save" those that would go to Hell if they died before hearing it.

Oh, me does not know.

All I can say is: I believe that too.

Personally, I don't see why someone must go to Hell just because they are not believers. They could be the most wonderful philanthropic benevolent people on Earth and still be sent to Hell because they may be non believers or atheists !!! !..I just don't get that !!....In today's world is that really right ?........What then happens to all the people who's live have changed for the better and benefited form the lives of these benevolent people ?

I don't get it either. But from a Christians point of view, if you don't accept Jesus, you go to Hell, no if's and's or but's about it. I find it a narrow way to percieve your fellow-man, but to those that believe that way, it's very real and no amount of counter-arguing is going to change that.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
What another member does is not of your business. Just because they do something, does not give anyone else the right to do so as well. I believe that Christians are taught to turn the other cheek in instances like this, perhaps this would be a good instance to implement that belief?

As I stated, maybe you were right.

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
In Christianity, it was believed that everyone before Jesus was sent to Hell, because they had not heard Jesus' teachings.

The God fearing people before Christ lived, were released from Hell by Christ Himself during the 3 days after His death and Before his resurrection.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
The God fearing people before Christ lived, were released from Hell by Christ Himself during the 3 days after His death and Before his resurrection.

I know that some believe in that, but I wasn't sure if it was an official belief...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
adilrockstar said:
The ones that feared God went to heaven. The ones that did not stayed in Hell.
So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. Anyone who lived prior to Christ simply had to "fear God" in order to go to Heaven, but those who lived after Christ had to believe in Him in order to go to Heaven. And if they happened to live in a part of the world where Christianity was non-existent, they went to Hell. Is that about right?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Katzpur said:
So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. Anyone who lived prior to Christ simply had to "fear God" in order to go to Heaven, but those who lived after Christ had to believe in Him in order to go to Heaven. And if they happened to live in a part of the world where Christianity was non-existent, they went to Hell. Is that about right?

I wonder what qualifies as "god" too....most polytheistic people of that time feared thier gods too.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
MaddLlama said:
I wonder what qualifies as "god" too....most polytheistic people of that time feared thier gods too.
Good point. I kind of wondered that, too. I'm pretty sure that adil was thinking in terms of the Abrahamic God. I guess that anyone who believed in the Abrahamic God after Christ's ministry, but who did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah, was Jewish. (At least until Muhammed came along.) I guess that would be adil's logic in thinking God's going to send all of the Jews who lived after Christ to Hell, while allowing the "God fearing ones" who lived before Christ to go to Heaven. Sounds a bit skewed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.