• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jews in hell????

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:
It is taught in the Bible that ALL who do not BELIEVE in Christ will go to HELL (except those born before Christ lived). Jesus came to earth born a Jew but He was God, He did not need to be saved from sin.

All human beings are sinners, no matter who they are they have committed some kind of sin in their life. The only way to be forgiven for your sin, is to believe in Christ and ask forgiveness in His name.:yes:

So all those born before christ get a free pass into heaven because the guy who invented christianity said so? That just goes to show how egotistical a religion made by a man can be!

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:
You don't understand. You aren't reading the Bible the way it was intended. God doesn't want any of us to go to Hell, that is why He sent His son Jesus. If we reject Him then we chose for ourselves to go to Hell.

I choose to reject him as i would any fictional character.

Spongebob - 'Dark penguin come we must take over the burger bar from mister crab.'

Darkpenguin - 'No i shall not and will not! You scare me with your obscenly tight square pants!'

Spongebob - ' But can't we just be friends?'

Darkpenguin - 'No, never!'

See it's easy when you try :)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Godlike said:
1) Christians generally do not believe that Jews go to hell: those who do believe so because these Jews reject Jesus Christ and are still awaiting their own messiah.

2) Jesus harrowed Hell in Christian myth: he freed the Patriarchs amongst other things. Read up on it.

3) No-one "burns" in Hell: that is a metaphor. Hell is a state of psyche which is carried into life: one lives it. But it does not last forever and is not inescapable.

4) Christians salvation is applicable to everyone and the Promise of God is that everyone will be saved in the end (Universalism doctrine).

5) People who worry about Hell too much get boils on their genitals: FACT. Stop fretting about Hell.
Well,people who think masturbation is gonna send you to Hell and do it anyway must be in some sort of strife then, between the genital boils and the hairy palms.:cover:

adilrockstar

Godlike said:
1) Christians generally do not believe that Jews go to hell: those who do believe so because these Jews reject Jesus Christ and are still awaiting their own messiah.

2) Jesus harrowed Hell in Christian myth: he freed the Patriarchs amongst other things. Read up on it.

3) No-one "burns" in Hell: that is a metaphor. Hell is a state of psyche which is carried into life: one lives it. But it does not last forever and is not inescapable.

4) Christians salvation is applicable to everyone and the Promise of God is that everyone will be saved in the end (Universalism doctrine).

5) People who worry about Hell too much get boils on their genitals: FACT. Stop fretting about Hell.

1. Genearally they do.
2. Not a myth, it is in the Bible.
3. Yes it is inescapable, read the Bible.
4. Wrong, you only recieve salvation through belief in Christ. Check out the Bible.
5. Wrong, we all die, everyone should be concerned about Hell.

Strong suggestion: Read your Bible. (no offense)

God Bless

Adil

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I've tried to keep out of these type of debates before, since they usually turn up a lot of dirt, but I just had to comment:

God doesn't want any of us to go to Hell, that is why He sent His son Jesus. If we reject Him then we chose for ourselves to go to Hell.

How does this make logical sense?

Most Christians are in agreement that the God as described in the Bible is all-powerful. If that is true, what he wants is what he can get. Why put up a test, knowing people will likely fail, when he wants everyone to be a part of heaven?

Assuming God exists, this leads me to draw a few different stands of conclusions:
1.) God has limitations.
2.) God lied
3.) Certain verses in the Bible are fiction, mistranslated, or disorted.

I don't know of too many people who would voluntarily chose to spend eternity suffering, so why not open the gates of paradise to whomever wants it, whenever they want it? Assuming God wants all people to share a place in heaven...

adilrockstar

GeneCosta said:
I've tried to keep out of these type of debates before, since they usually turn up a lot of dirt, but I just had to comment:

God doesn't want any of us to go to Hell, that is why He sent His son Jesus. If we reject Him then we chose for ourselves to go to Hell.

How does this make logical sense?

Most Christians are in agreement that the God as described in the Bible is all-powerful. If that is true, what he wants is what he can get. Why put up a test, knowing people will likely fail, when he wants everyone to be a part of heaven?

Assuming God exists, this leads me to draw a few different stands of conclusions:
1.) God has limitations.
2.) God lied
3.) Certain verses in the Bible are fiction, mistranslated, or disorted.

I don't know of too many people who would voluntarily chose to spend eternity suffering, so why not open the gates of paradise to whomever wants it, whenever they want it? Assuming God wants all people to share a place in heaven...

Would you want someone that you love, to love you because you made them love you, or because they chose to love you?

Hope this Helps

God Bless

Adil

adilrockstar

GeneCosta said:

People choose to voluntarily suffer in Hell everyday. People just want instant gratification, they don't want to sacrifice anything. To live with God in heaven we must sacrifice our lives on earth for Him.

God Has the doors to heaven wide open, all we have to do is grow up and be men and women and walk through the gates.

God Bless

Adil

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Quoth_The _Raven said:
I'm waiting for Mr Darcy, personally. No rejection here for that fictional character.;)

totaly off subject but i wouldn't reject spike (buffy), my image of him is tarnished after watching james marsters interviews alas he isn't english and the accent is fake :(

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:
People choose to voluntarily suffer in Hell everyday. People just want instant gratification, they don't want to sacrifice anything. To live with God in heaven we must sacrifice our lives on earth for Him.

God Has the doors to heaven wide open, all we have to do is grow up and be men and women and walk through the gates.

God Bless

Adil

So were all getting into heaven then, no matter what creed colour or most importantly religion. We all die sooner or later and it's mostly out of our control, so sooner or later we all sacrifice our lives!
Free trips to heaven for everyone woooo... I call shotgun on the ride to heaven! :)

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

and another thing, last i heard god really doesn't agree with suicide so what happens to those people who sacrifice their lives in the name of god? And the was me thinking the almighty word of god was infalliable!

adilrockstar

darkpenguin said:
So were all getting into heaven then, no matter what creed colour or most importantly religion. We all die sooner or later and it's mostly out of our control, so sooner or later we all sacrifice our lives!
Free trips to heaven for everyone woooo... I call shotgun on the ride to heaven! :)

You know I try and take you seriously, but every time I try I get another reason not to. You don't even come on this forum to debate, you just come to attack other peoples beliefs. And you don't even attack them with anything that could be taken seriously. You have nothing to substantiate your views. I don't even know what you are doing on a religious forum at all. Your comments are just a constant thorn of ignorance without any reason. Sorry but it is true. This will be the last communication that you and I have on this forum, since our previous discussion has been completely pointless.

God Bless

Adil

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
darkpenguin said:
totaly off subject but i wouldn't reject spike (buffy), my image of him is tarnished after watching james marsters interviews alas he isn't english and the accent is fake :(

His accent is fake??!! :sad4:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
You know I try and take you seriously, but every time I try I get another reason not to. You don't even come on this forum to debate, you just come to attack other peoples beliefs. And you don't even attack them with anything that could be taken seriously. You have nothing to substantiate your views. I don't even know what you are doing on a religious forum at all. Your comments are just a constant thorn of ignorance without any reason. Sorry but it is true. This will be the last communication that you and I have on this forum, since our previous discussion has been completely pointless.

God Bless

Adil

A little humor never hurt anyone. He's trying to lighten a heavy subject (I assume), and I enjoy that. :)

But this is off-topic..

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
A little humor never hurt anyone. He's trying to lighten a heavy subject (I assume), and I enjoy that. :)

But this is off-topic..

Mostly he is just insulting everyones beliefs. I don't enjoy that.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

Pot, meet kettle. I think you two will have a lot in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.