• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jews in hell????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORN SINNER

Why Do Christians Think The Jews Will Go To Hell??? Jesus Is A Jew So Does That Mean Hes In Hell??????????? And Also Why Do The Christians Think That All Who Do Not Have The Same Faith As Christians Will Also Burn In Hell????

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
BORN SINNER said:
Why Do Christians Think The Jews Will Go To Hell??? Jesus Is A Jew So Does That Mean Hes In Hell??????????? And Also Why Do The Christians Think That All Who Do Not Have The Same Faith As Christians Will Also Burn In Hell????

I am a Christian and I do not think Jews will go to hell. I also do not think Jesus will go to hell (but he might visit sometimes). Finally, I do not think that those who do not have the same faith as me will burn in hell either.

Welcome to RF.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
BORN SINNER said:

Because some Christians don't like the thought of sharing Heaven with "non-believers". Needless to say (or not) this does not mean that all Christians do this, a lot are very content and want to share Heaven with as many people as they can.

adilrockstar

BORN SINNER said:

It is taught in the Bible that ALL who do not BELIEVE in Christ will go to HELL (except those born before Christ lived). Jesus came to earth born a Jew but He was God, He did not need to be saved from sin.

All human beings are sinners, no matter who they are they have committed some kind of sin in their life. The only way to be forgiven for your sin, is to believe in Christ and ask forgiveness in His name.:yes:

adilrockstar

Gentoo said:
Because some Christians don't like the thought of sharing Heaven with "non-believers". Needless to say (or not) this does not mean that all Christians do this, a lot are very content and want to share Heaven with as many people as they can.

It doesn't have anything to do with what a Christian wants, it is all about what God wants. God said only people that believe in Christ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, that is what makes them "Christians".

God Bless

Adil

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
adilrockstar said:
It doesn't have anything to do with what a Christian wants, it is all about what God wants. God said only people that believe in Christ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, that is what makes them "Christians".

God Bless

Adil

It is just my opinion.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
adilrockstar said:
It is taught in the Bible that ALL who do not BELIEVE in Christ will go to HELL (except those born before Christ lived). Jesus came to earth born a Jew but He was God, He did not need to be saved from sin.

All human beings are sinners, no matter who they are they have committed some kind of sin in their life. The only way to be forgiven for your sin, is to believe in Christ and ask forgiveness in His name.:yes:

doesn't it kind of mess up the categorical "ALL" in capitol letters when it is immediately followed by an exception? maybe it's just me....

Scott1

BORN SINNER said:
FYI Born Sinner... the majority of Christians on this planet DO NOT feel this way.

God will never break a promise to his chosen people: the Jews and "all those who, without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fulfill his will, can be saved...." Lumen Gentium #16 from Vatican II

Don't blame all Christians for the ingnorance of a few....

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
adilrockstar said:
It is taught in the Bible that ALL who do not BELIEVE in Christ will go to HELL (except those born before Christ lived).
Why won't they go to Hell, adil?

Bishka

Veteran Member
To me that's a strange view of heaven and the plan of salvation.

Jesus came to save all, and He will.

FatMan

I don't beieve Jews go to hell. If that were the case, it would be much colder.

No way are they going to waste precious coal stoking a flame that is already burning hotly:p

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
adilrockstar said:

God Bless

Adil

There's the heart of the matter right there. What God wants. Don't you suppose God wants all of God's children to live eternally with God?

Job says, "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."

"On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine -- the best of meats and finest of wines. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death for ever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth." Isaiah 25:6-8

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked. Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, 'In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.'" Isaiah 45:22-24

"Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost." Matt. 18:14

Sure sounds to me like what God wants is for every person to be saved. Does God not finally get what God wants?:yes:

sojourner

I understand that the world's largest population of Jews is in New York City. Does that skew the "Jews in hell" concept any?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
sojourner said:
I understand that the world's largest population of Jews is in New York City. Does that skew the "Jews in hell" concept any?

actually the world's largest jewish population is in Israel...

sojourner

Well...doesn't that just shoot my NYC conspiracy theory all to hell!
(Apparently, something's got to end up there...)

adilrockstar

sojourner said:
There's the heart of the matter right there. What God wants. Don't you suppose God wants all of God's children to live eternally with God?

Job says, "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."

"On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine -- the best of meats and finest of wines. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death for ever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth." Isaiah 25:6-8

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked. Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, 'In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.'" Isaiah 45:22-24

"Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost." Matt. 18:14

Sure sounds to me like what God wants is for every person to be saved. Does God not finally get what God wants?:yes:

You don't understand. You aren't reading the Bible the way it was intended. God doesn't want any of us to go to Hell, that is why He sent His son Jesus. If we reject Him then we chose for ourselves to go to Hell.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
adilrockstar said:
You don't understand. You aren't reading the Bible the way it was intended. God doesn't want any of us to go to Hell, that is why He sent His son Jesus. If we reject Him then we chose for ourselves to go to Hell.

um. yes, soujourner. I am afraid Adil is correct. It seems the problem is that you do not have Bible version 1.3 which updated the readme38.txt file from Jesus titled How the Bible is Intended to be read. (forward written by A. Stonestar). If you would please connect to the Biblesoft server and update, all this will be cleared up and you will see that we all must understand the bible like Adil or not at all.

Random

BORN SINNER said:

1) Christians generally do not believe that Jews go to hell: those who do believe so because these Jews reject Jesus Christ and are still awaiting their own messiah.

2) Jesus harrowed Hell in Christian myth: he freed the Patriarchs amongst other things. Read up on it.

3) No-one "burns" in Hell: that is a metaphor. Hell is a state of psyche which is carried into life: one lives it. But it does not last forever and is not inescapable.

4) Christians salvation is applicable to everyone and the Promise of God is that everyone will be saved in the end (Universalism doctrine).

5) People who worry about Hell too much get boils on their genitals: FACT. Stop fretting about Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.