• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jewish Group Raising Money for Muslims

dfnj

I've been highly critical of Israel government policies against Arabs. It's like Israel is the new South Africa:
Millions of Arabs have died since 9/11. The US is dropping over 25,000 bombs every year on Muslim countries in the ME because of Israel. I find the dropping of so many bombs to be so disturbing it makes me sick:
More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq
I think it is deeply morally wrong to preemptively kill innocent woman and children because they might grow up to be "terrorists". All this killing because of the Oded Yinon Plan for a "greater Israel":
"Greater Israel": The Zionist Plan for the Middle East - Global Research
I find the right wing totalitarian Zionist government policies to be morally wrong. Israel has a right to exist but the way Israel's government policies are going about it is just so morally wrong. Killing other people preemptive is just wrong. There has got to be a more peaceful path to peace than Arab genocide. By conservative estimates over 2,000,000 Arabs have died since the bombings started in the ME. If history of the last 20 years is ever allowed to be written this will not be a pretty one in World history.

So you can imagine, given my strong view on right wing Israel Zionist policies, I was amazed by the following story. As I've said, I love the Jewish people. This article proves it:

A Pittsburgh Jewish Group Is Raising Money for New Zealand’s Muslim Community

"A Pittsburgh Jewish Group Is Raising Money for New Zealand’s Muslim Community"
"When a gunman killed 11 people at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh last October, Muslim groups quickly launched a crowdfunding campaign to help shooting victims, raising more than $200,000 in just four days. Now, Time reports, the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is responding in kind by raising funds to support the Muslim community in New Zealand affected by the massacre that killed 49 and left dozens more wounded on Friday.

It's nice to see Jews helping Muslims for a change.

Maybe there is a slim chance for absolution before the people of the World are nuked into oblivion. So much war. So much death. So many human rights violations. So many bombs being dropped. Please God, help us stop all the war and killing. Please God help us find a solution to our differences that doesn't involve human rights violations and killing.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Sure, Zionism sucks. You've got to be careful about the people complaining about it, though; a good chunk of them are using Zionism as a way to hate jews without it being obvious.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Its irresponsible to claim we are dropping X number of bombs on Muslim countries implying we are bombing all Muslims. I can't even find where you got your info, and you never said where. You also never said where all these bombs were dropped.

dfnj

Sure, Zionism sucks. You've got to be careful about the people complaining about it, though; a good chunk of them are using Zionism as a way to hate jews without it being obvious.

There has to be a way to achieve peace without all the violence. I'm not sure the Zionists are looking for any alternative solutions that do not involve strong arm tactics.

Flankerl

Millions of Arabs have died since 9/11. The US is dropping over 25,000 bombs every year on Muslim countries in the ME because of Israel

Ah yes of course. What else could it possibly be.

All this killing because of the Oded Yinon Plan for a "greater Israel"

And yet Israel has only gotten smaller since the end of the Six day war.

How inconvenient.

There has got to be a more peaceful path to peace than Arab genocide

The only people actively killing Arabs en mass are other Arabs.
Both the West Bank and Gaza Strip have seen a continuous increase in their Arab population since 1948.

By conservative estimates over 2,000,000 Arabs have died since the bombings started in the ME.

And it's all the Jews fault. As is tradition.

As I've said, I love the Jewish people

Yeah sure.

I'm not sure the Zionists are looking for any alternative solutions that do not involve strong arm tactics.

Then why are there still Arabs in Israel proper as in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip?
Why weren't they all liquidated years ago?
Why would the Jews not massacre them if it's their goal?
Typical left-wing propaganda that is just Soviet propaganda which in return was just re-purposed Nazi propaganda.
But hey the Jews work in mysterious ways.

Sure, Zionism sucks.

So you think Jews shouldn't have the right to self-determination.

That's great.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Positive stories are typically ignored by the bleed/lead media. But those stories about Jews and Muslims helping and supporting each other are out there in the positive news media.

Flankerl

The mental gymnastics are astounding.

Sadly they aren't.
Look at Soviet propaganda regarding Israel and the "Elite" and then take a look at Nazi propaganda targeting Jews.
It's essentially the same.
The Nazis were quite invested in the Middle East as far as Propaganda was concerned, which led to pogroms. After WW2 the Soviets took up the baton after Israel did not align with the USSR even though the left-wing was in power.
What followed were massive propaganda investments in the middle east coupled with monetary and arms investments.

During the cold war far left radicals toured the middle east and met with local terror groups. They came home with often stronger ideological ideas and trained in combat.
This then led to the cooperation of terrorist groups from the middle east and the far-left in Europe. They were given direct support on various occasions, be they bomb attacks on planes, kidnapping of planes, bomb attacks on Jewish institutions or massacres of Israeli sportsmen.

This is all related whether you like it or not.

No, I think Israel's being a massive dick.

Zionism is the idea that Jews have a right to self-determination. You wrote you were against it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've been highly critical of Israel government policies against Arabs. It's like Israel is the new South Africa:
Millions of Arabs have died since 9/11. The US is dropping over 25,000 bombs every year on Muslim countries in the ME because of Israel. I find the dropping of so many bombs to be so disturbing it makes me sick:
More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq
I think it is deeply morally wrong to preemptively kill innocent woman and children because they might grow up to be "terrorists". All this killing because of the Oded Yinon Plan for a "greater Israel":
"Greater Israel": The Zionist Plan for the Middle East - Global Research
I find the right wing totalitarian Zionist government policies to be morally wrong. Israel has a right to exist but the way Israel's government policies are going about it is just so morally wrong. Killing other people preemptive is just wrong. There has got to be a more peaceful path to peace than Arab genocide. By conservative estimates over 2,000,000 Arabs have died since the bombings started in the ME. If history of the last 20 years is ever allowed to be written this will not be a pretty one in World history.

So you can imagine, given my strong view on right wing Israel Zionist policies, I was amazed by the following story. As I've said, I love the Jewish people. This article proves it:

A Pittsburgh Jewish Group Is Raising Money for New Zealand’s Muslim Community

"A Pittsburgh Jewish Group Is Raising Money for New Zealand’s Muslim Community"
"When a gunman killed 11 people at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh last October, Muslim groups quickly launched a crowdfunding campaign to help shooting victims, raising more than $200,000 in just four days. Now, Time reports, the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is responding in kind by raising funds to support the Muslim community in New Zealand affected by the massacre that killed 49 and left dozens more wounded on Friday.

Maybe there is a slim chance for absolution before the people of the World are nuked into oblivion. So much war. So much death. So many human rights violations. So many bombs being dropped. Please God, help us stop all the war and killing. Please God help us find a solution to our differences that doesn't involve human rights violations and killing.
I think it's an important example to show there are good people around no matter who you are with.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
After WW2 the Soviets took up the baton after Israel did not align with the USSR even though the left-wing was in power.
Of course they did. Israel became a mini-USA. They did this after the USSR pounded forth the idea that Jews deserved Israel. They were understandably angry, since they were just betrayed.
Zionism is the idea that Jews have a right to self-determination. You wrote you were against it.
I was under the impression that Zionism is a nationalist doctrine that serves to protect Israel.
As of right now, Israel is acting like a petulant child. I have no desire to preserve something that causes more problems with its existence than it solves.

Flankerl

Of course they did. Israel became a mini-USA. They did this after the USSR pounded forth the idea that Jews deserved Israel. They were understandably angry, since they were just betrayed.

It didn't. Israeli policies under Mapai were as far away from US policy as possible. Quite a lot Americans would've probably said that Israel was a Communist country at that time.
Only during Johnsons Presidency did the US become positive towards Israel.

This little titbit just shows that you know nothing about Israeli politics.

The USSR was angry that Israel did not become a one-party state under a communist party.
It had nothing to do with the US because the US didn't even support Israel at that time any different than its neighbours.

I was under the impression that Zionism is a nationalist doctrine that serves to protect Israel.

Zionism - Wikipedia
Read it.

As of right now, Israel is acting like a petulant child. I have no desire to preserve something that causes more problems with its existence than it solves.

How so?
And what would you do with its inhabitants after Israel is no more?

Also how are you preserving Israel? Don't write US aid, don't be stupid.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
It didn't. Israeli policies under Mapai were as far away from US policy as possible. Quite a lot Americans would've probably said that Israel was a Communist country at that time.
Only during Johnsons Presidency did the US become positive towards Israel.

This little titbit just shows that you know nothing about Israeli politics.

The USSR was angry that Israel did not become a one-party state under a communist party.
It had nothing to do with the US because the US didn't even support Israel at that time any different than its neighbours.
On the contrary, I know a great deal about Israeli politics. I wasn't referring to the time immediately after its creation. I meant closer to the Six-Day War, when Israeli-Soviet tensions were ratcheted up to 10. By that time, Israel did resemble a western nation. I'll admit, I didn't make that entirely clear. That's on me.
I did. In fact, "Since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Zionism continues primarily to advocate on behalf of Israel and to address threats to its continued existence and security. "
In practice, it's a wee bit more extreme. There's also a healthy dose of exceptionalism in there, too. That's always fun.
How so?
And what would you do with its inhabitants after Israel is no more?
They're treating Palestinian Arabs like second class citizens. As for what would to its inhabitants, let's give them a taste of what they did to the Palestinian veterans. More realistically, it would be divided up by its neighbors. Maybe a superpower would snatch up the land.
Israel is being preserved by my country's unwillingness to apply its standards to Israel. It's being preserved by most of the world this way. "No one wants to be like Hitler, and look what he did to the Jews!" And all that.

Flankerl

They're treating Palestinian Arabs like second class citizens

Israeli Arabs are citizens and have all the rights Israeli Jews, Christians or Druze have.

Arabs in the Palestinian Territories are citizens of the Palestinian National Authority. Israel is under no obligation to give them any special rights as they aren't Israeli citizens.

I did. In fact, "Since the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Zionism continues primarily to advocate on behalf of Israel and to address threats to its continued existence and security. "

Or in short: Self-determination for Jews. Just what it always meant.

In practice, it's a wee bit more extreme.

It isn't. Just because there are people who take it to certain extremes doesn't negate an entire idea.
There is nothing wrong with Classical Liberalism just because Libertarianism is insane.

There's also a healthy dose of exceptionalism in there, too. That's always fun.

Oh please elaborate.

As for what would to its inhabitants, let's give them a taste of what they did to the Palestinian veterans.

So the Palestinians get their "revenge". Okay. What about the Jews who were mistreated by their Arab hosts so that they had to leave their homes?
Is it a one way road or is everyone getting killed?

More realistically, it would be divided up by its neighbors. Maybe a superpower would snatch up the land.

Who would then murder the Jews.

How fun.

Israel is being preserved by my country's unwillingness to apply its standards to Israel. It's being preserved by most of the world this way. "No one wants to be like Hitler, and look what he did to the Jews!" And all that.

It isn't. Israel survived its most dangerous years without any US support.
Today wouldn't be any different. In fact it would be the opposite because now there is an industrial base to support Israel on its own.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
(Paragraphs and videos and stuff)

Leaving out the fact that Jews have pretty much opened their country up and Muslims still completely refuse to meet them halfway (here's a map of Middle East by dominant religion), yeah right, it's mighty big of them "for a change".

arabwld3.gif

Or maybe you could stop with this "Jews are evil" nonsense. This is a religion that in return for bending over backwards, gets thanked by petty land-grasping and feigned persecution. If it were my country, I'd tell them to make a country in Egypt or Jordan, and make their case there. Egypt, right next to Israel, has plenty of land.This isn't about "Palestine" it's about Muslims wanting to gobble up Israel and refuse its sovereignty.

2 Samuel 12:1-6
1Then the LORD sent Nathan to David, and when he arrived, he said, “There were two men in a certain city, one rich and the other poor. 2The rich man had a great number of sheep and cattle, 3but the poor man had nothing except one small ewe lamb that he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food and drank from his cup; it slept in his arms and was like a daughter to him.
4Now a traveler came to the rich man, who refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for his guest.”
5David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan: “As surely as the LORD lives, the man who did this deserves to die! 6Because he has done this thing and has shown no pity, he must pay for the lamb four times over.”

Lest you become confused, I'm not advocating for this. I'm saying that the Jews have treated "Palestinians" (Muslims) far better than they deserve, given the fact that if they really wanted a Palestine, they could take from their own lands, making a Palestine from that land bridge in Egypt next door to Israel. Instead, this is about taking Israel itself. The rich man with many sheep (lands) taking from the guy who has only one but treats it like a daughter. There's no excuse for this. Israel deserves its own country.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It should not surprise anyone that Jews raised money for the Muslims who were victims of the terrorism. After all, the core of Judaism is love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

You need to remember also that the very first people to respond to the shooting in Pittsburgh was the Muslim community.

IOW Religion is NOT the major cause of violence in the world. There are individuals who misappropriate religion for their nefarious purposes. But those who actually follow their religion make the world a better place.