• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus's second coming

The bible says Jesus is going to come back to Earth all glorious and powerful, but I think he might come back in a human form again. Is it possible that Jesus will be reincarnated before the Apocalypse or will he appear like a ghost in the sky like the bible says? (maybe he is on Earth right now as we speak) express your thought on the possibilities. (More of a what if question rather than a what not)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Has Jesus incarnated again after his life as Jesus?

Yes, many times, although I will tell YOU he has had the same choices as anyone else. He is, after ALL, a spirit entity. He may have not lived the same life as he did when he was Jesus, but he has lived the lives he set out to experience to the best of his ability.

HELLO IT'S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Jesus The Christ
Pg: 122

The bible says Jesus is going to come back to Earth all glorious and powerful, but I think he might come back in a human form again. Is it possible that Jesus will be reincarnated before the Apocalypse or will he appear like a ghost in the sky like the bible says? (maybe he is on Earth right now as we speak) express your thought on the possibilities. (More of a what if question rather than a what not)

If Jesus came back to do what he is meant to according to my paltry understanding of Revelation, he's gonna need much more than a flimsy human form. Maybe he'd be like the Terminator and can take the form of anything at anytime?

It all seemed rather unlikely the first time around, being both a "god" and yet like us humans "in every respect" so if he comes again he can pretty much do whatever he damn well pleases; if you're god you can contradict yourself and still be right 110% of the time. :sarcastic

But what makes you speculate whether he'll come back in human form, san miguel? Just curious.

Beaudreaux

Not going to happen. Jesus himself was under the impression that the second coming would happen within 20 or so years after his death (Mark 9:1). Didn't happen then. Not going to happen now.

kadzbiz

Not going to happen. Jesus himself was under the impression that the second coming would happen within 20 or so years after his death (Mark 9:1). Didn't happen then. Not going to happen now.

Now that's interesting. I didn't know that.

This is where the legend of the Wandering Jew comes about (medieval Europe I think) - that Jesus said twice or three times, something along the lines of "not all of you will pass away before I return." So the legend is that there is this 2,000 year old man wandering the earth, he cannot pass away until Jesus comes back or else Jesus would be a false prophet (according to legend).

All very interesting! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible chzbrgr

But what makes you speculate whether he'll come back in human form, san miguel? Just curious.

the reason i believe he is human is because i think he is going to come back the same way he first entered this world. If he came back as an all powerful God and just kicked *** left and right, it would force people to believe in God and Jesus, which doesn't seem to be God's plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible chzbrgr
This is where the legend of the Wandering Jew comes about (medieval Europe I think) - that Jesus said twice or three times, something along the lines of "not all of you will pass away before I return." So the legend is that there is this 2,000 year old man wandering the earth, he cannot pass away until Jesus comes back or else Jesus would be a false prophet (according to legend).

I know this was brought up by BEAUDREAUX, but i think this is the one part of the bible looked over. I think this meant that souls are reincarnated because first off way would Jesus perform all these miracles and then decided he is going to lie. Second, i don't think God would force some to live in hell (a place without God=true loneliness) forever. I think he gives people a second, third, four, one hundred chances to redeem themselves, until that soul is able to enter heaven. So when Jesus says that he will come back when the people are alive 2000 yearsago, he really means once they reincarnate again. I believe this is coming really soon :). I know i am kinda weird

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

We Baha'is believe that the Christ Spirit already returned (thus fulfilling the prophecies about the Second Coming) over a century and a half ago!

It wasn't Jesus the man, but the appearance of a new Divine Messenger filled with the same Holy Sprit (nothing to do with reincarnation, please note); and the Spirit did indeed have a new name, as both the Jewish and Christian scriptures promised!

The Baha'i Faith is the result of all this.

Best regards, :)

Bruce

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Haven't you seen Religulous? He's already back...International Ministry Growing in Grace

the reason i believe he is human is because i think he is going to come back the same way he first entered this world. If he came back as an all powerful God and just kicked *** left and right, it would force people to believe in God and Jesus, which doesn't seem to be God's plan.

You may be underestimating god's affinity for kicking @55. He's always been willing to, to make a point.

If Jesus came back, and we recognized him as such, then yeah... we'd be forced to believe in him, right?

I know this was brought up by BEAUDREAUX, but i think this is the one part of the bible looked over. I think this meant that souls are reincarnated because first off way would Jesus perform all these miracles and then decided he is going to lie.
We're talking about medieval Christian apologists looking for a reason why Jesus did not come back immediately as promised; the way they read it, he was meant to come back within the generation of people alive at the time.

All I meant by Jesus as false prophet, was that he prophesied something which did not occur. To be a prophet, everything you say must come true. (Although there are examples in the bible of prophecies which did not come true, uttered by people we still consider "prophets" - it's all very convoluted!)

Second, i don't think God would force some to live in hell (a place without God=true loneliness) forever. I think he gives people a second, third, four, one hundred chances to redeem themselves, until that soul is able to enter heaven. So when Jesus says that he will come back when the people are alive 2000 yearsago, he really means once they reincarnate again. I believe this is coming really soon :). I know i am kinda weird
I'm not sure everyone would agree with that god will keep giving us chances; some would say we've been given plenty of chances, including that we should be able to read the testimony of the moon and stars to know god and his ways.

Your view of hell as Second Chance Station is not at all agreed-upon by everyone. Some say it's eternal torment, some say it's one-way annihilation, some say it's temporary.

Also, you're not weird, you're just trying to do what every other Christian has to do, which is to reconcile your own goodwill toward every person, with the seemingly unjust and wrathful god and his hell he created for everyone who doesn't believe.

You are moral, and you're stretching the bible in ways that fit your morality and sensibility. You don't want to believe people will suffer in hell for eternity, so you choose an interpretation that suits you. This is perfectly normal.:)

Beaudreaux

He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.He came to KFC for dinner.

Wait....what did he do?

tomspug

Absorbant
This is what the actual verse says:
And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come
Icon_CrossRef_wht_bg.gif
with power."
The time from Jesus's death on the cross to the present is considered by the church to be the fulfillment of the kingdom of God. I don't know where he got the 20 years thing from...

Jesus never gave any specific indication as to when he would return.

The time from Jesus's death on the cross to the present is considered by the church to be the fulfillment of the kingdom of God. I don't know where he got the 20 years thing from...

Did anyone ever say anything specific in the bible? :p

Beaudreaux

The time from Jesus's death on the cross to the present is considered by the church to be the fulfillment of the kingdom of God.
But that's not what Jesus thought when he said that. He was clearly talking about his return.
I don't know where he got the 20 years thing from...

Well, yes he did in this verse. And the 20 years or so thing is an estimate of how long it would take everyone he was speaking to to die off.

logician

"Jesus never gave any specific indication as to when he would return."

I would say the passsage of 2k+ years is more than enough time to think he may not be coming back, especially since most everything written in the Christian bible was written for the people of that day and time, not 2K years into the future.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
"Jesus never gave any specific indication as to when he would return."

I would say the passsage of 2k+ years is more than enough time to think he may not be coming back, especially since most everything written in the Christian bible was written for the people of that day and time, not 2K years into the future.
Have you ever heard of the element of surprise? In a time when you think not...;)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The bible says Jesus is going to come back to Earth all glorious and powerful,

the bible is wrong friend. (from a muslim perspective)

but I think he might come back in a human form again.

yep, you said it

Is it possible that Jesus will be reincarnated before the Apocalypse or will he appear like a ghost in the sky like the bible says?

THE BIBLE IS WRONG AGAIN. and which apocalypse is it reffering to anyway.

(maybe he is on Earth right now as we speak)

no he's not.

express your thought on the possibilities. (More of a what if question rather than a what not)

my thoughts are he will be brought back to earth by Allah, but not as a prophet just as a simple human this time, cos us muslims are tolled that Muhammed (saws) is the last prophet (ie. jesus (as) will not be sent as a prophet) and many scholars beleive that he will be sent back in palestine or jerusalem i think, is this good enough, or are you interested in the christian appinions only, if so sorry for commenting.

Muffled

Jesus in me

The Kingdom of God can refer to the kingdom within us or the actual physical kingdom. The context here suggests the inner kingdom.

Mark 8:38 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man also shall be ashamed of him, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

The church experienced the return of Jesus at Pentecost when power fell on the congregation and the members spoke in tongues.

As for the OP, Yes I believe Jesus is here now and there are references to His presence on earth. It is true that it doesn't have to be His resurrected body expecially if He were reborn. I wouldn't expect Him to reveal Himself until He is ready. He certainly was a complete unknown in His first visit until He started His ministry. You can't get much more obscure than a carpenter's son from the dinky and unimportant town of Nazareth. BTW I would say that He is in His thirties now which approximates His age when He started His ministry the first time.

It might be good to point out that the presence of Jesus also infers the presence of the Anti-Christ. Jews are still looking for the Messiah and Jesus predicted that they would accept the Anti--Christ as the Messiah. The real Jesus will remain obscure while the Anti-Christ reveals Himself.