• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Wrote the Old Testament

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Feel free to post additional evidence. I also agree Jesus and the Father are not the same. But the "Lord" of the old testament is not God the Father, that is Jesus "The Lord". And that quote indicates the it was Jesus who was talking to the prophets.

Again NO!

Those Tanakh places translated as "Lord" are actually YHVH, - the name of the Hebrew ONE GOD.

For instance - this is what Psa 110:1 is usually translated as --

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

It actually says -

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. YHVH said unto my adon/Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

In other words it is actually YHVH the Hebrew ONE GOD, speaking to David, - whom is the psalmist's adon/lord.

Turning YHVH into "Lord" is fudging texts, to make it seem like the Christian "Lord" Jesus is in the Tanakh texts. He isn't.

Angel1

Angel
Excerpt from: John 16:12-13: The teachings of Jesus Christ clarified and made plain (Inner Quest Studies)/Inerrancy of the Bible

"About the Bible

1. The books of the Bible were written by men inspired by God. However, men are subject to error and flawed in their understanding of the divine principles and these defects are carried over in their writings. Moreover, the individual writers are themselves situated at different levels in the order of evolution. Their understanding and authority is limited only to such extent.

4. There is a hierarchy of the divine teachings. There are different levels of awareness. Different writers and teachers address different levels and aspects of the teachings. Each person should seek out those teachings that are appropriate to his own level of study, but he should continue to move forward from that starting point.

5. Jesus already upgraded most all of the objectionable Old Testament teachings. We should now dispense with the old and superseded (OT teachings) and embrace the new, more rational and enlightened teachings.”

Before you place your complete trust in unknown authors, perhaps you might want to learn who actually wrote the books in the Bible > Authorship of the Bible’.

The Bible itself contains many diverse thoughts and teachings, some true but many, especially in the Old Testament, are really false or address the lower levels of spiritual instruction that have already been superseded and upgraded, more particularly by the teachings of Jesus couched in his own words in the Gospels.

Christianity according to Jesus > http://innerquest1.blogspot.com/2007/04/false-and-superseded-teachings.html.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
About the same as when Jesus came in the Flesh. Jesus was always a middleman for God the Father.
Okay. I can sort of go along with that. But are you saying that God the Father is essentially absent in our lives? Do you believe we should pray to Jesus or to His Father?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Again NO!
Those Tanakh places translated as "Lord" are actually YHVH, - the name of the Hebrew ONE GOD.
For instance - this is what Psa 110:1 is usually translated as --
Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
It actually says -
Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. YHVH said unto my adon/Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
In other words it is actually YHVH the Hebrew ONE GOD, speaking to David, - whom is the psalmist's adon/lord.
Turning YHVH into "Lord" is fudging texts, to make it seem like the Christian "Lord" Jesus is in the Tanakh texts. He isn't.

Please show us where David is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek as per Psalms 110:4 B.
I find David will be a ' prince ' (Not a priest) according to Ezekiel 34:24. Isaiah 32:1; Psalms 45:16.
David to be resurrected back to life on Earth as ' prince ' because David is still asleep in the grave and did Not ascend as per Acts of the Apostles 2:34. David will be Prince under King Christ Jesus who is king of God's Kingdom for a thousand years according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 applies to those like David who did Not ascend because the ' future tense ' is used that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection...... That future resurrection (Revelation 1:18) is to take place during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I can agree in other ways.

Such as the sol o man (energy/power/light source within man) writing the OT. Commonly referred to as the “son of man.”

The source of “God” within man.

But, I am also a heretic in many other ways. Such as seeing the law and OT as an internal law and internal scribed constitution rather than a lot being historical and literal.

Joshua-Yeshua/Yeshuah

What?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
But we know that's a saying from a particular time and culture. Nothing validates trying to retrofit the beliefs from 500 to 1000 years later onto an old text.

And the early Tanakh refers to the 'sons of god' plural in various places. They appear to represent courtiers at the heavenly court. And this early period is not yet monotheistic ─

Exodus 15:11 Who is like thee, O Lord, among the gods?
Who is like thee, majestic in holiness ...

Numbers 33:4 upon their gods also the Lord executed judgments.

Deuteronomy. 32:8-9 ... he fixed the bounds of the peoples
according to the number of the sons of God;

Judges 11:23-24 So the Lord, the God of Israel, dispossessed the Amorites from before his people Israel; and are you to take possession of them? 24 Will you not possess what Chemosh your god gives you to possess? And all that the Lord our God has dispossessed before us, we will possess.

Job 1:6 Now there came a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them​

Psalms 82:1 God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment.

Psalms 86:8 There is none like thee among the gods, O Lord,
nor are there any works like thine.

Psalms 95:3 For the Lord is a great god,
and a great King above all gods.

Psalms 135:5 For I know that the Lord is great;
and that our Lord is above all gods.
And the Decalogue requires believers to have no gods before Yahweh, not to have no other gods.

But as the 1st millennium BCE progresses ─ a number of reputable scholars put it down to the time of the Captivity ─ the others fade out of mention and monotheism eases in.

How long do you think God lives? If scriptures are from God and not just pop culture 500-1,000 years, or 10,000 years makes no difference.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
[QUOTE="blü 2, post: 5403045, member: 62549.]

And don't forget that Jesus has virtually none of the qualifications of a messiah, whom the Tanakh portrays as a warlord who will restore independence to the Jewish state. He isn't even anointed by the Jewish priesthood, which is what 'messiah' means.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

1) Qualifications are arbitrarily compiled.

2) Prophets, who are anointed by the Spirit of God, revealed that the entire world is in fact anointed. The Spirit of God is the anointing.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
[QUOTE="blü 2, post: 5403045, member: 62549.]

And don't forget that Jesus has virtually none of the qualifications of a messiah, whom the Tanakh portrays as a warlord who will restore independence to the Jewish state. He isn't even anointed by the Jewish priesthood, which is what 'messiah' means.

Not true.

2) Prophets, who are anointed by the Spirit of God, revealed that the entire world is in fact anointed. The Spirit of God is the anointing.[/QUOTE]

Jesus was annointed by God, which is what Messiah means... People seem to get it backward who is the boss, the Lord or the Jews.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How long do you think God lives? If scriptures are from God and not just pop culture 500-1,000 years, or 10,000 years makes no difference.
Well, we know from archaeology that Yahweh was born around 1500 BCE.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not true.
2) Prophets, who are anointed by the Spirit of God, revealed that the entire world is in fact anointed. The Spirit of God is the anointing.
The relationship between the non-leader non-anointed Jesus and the messiah of the Tanakh is nil. The messiah title in this case is a Christian invention, not a Jewish recognition.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Please show us where David is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek as per Psalms 110:4 B.
I find David will be a ' prince ' (Not a priest) according to Ezekiel 34:24. Isaiah 32:1; Psalms 45:16.
David to be resurrected back to life on Earth as ' prince ' because David is still asleep in the grave and did Not ascend as per Acts of the Apostles 2:34. David will be Prince under King Christ Jesus who is king of God's Kingdom for a thousand years according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 applies to those like David who did Not ascend because the ' future tense ' is used that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection...... That future resurrection (Revelation 1:18) is to take place during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

Psa 110:4 YHVH hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

2Sa 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

2Sa 7:17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

2Sa 6:12 And it was told king David, saying, YHVH hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

2Sa 6:13 And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of YHVH had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.

2Sa 6:14 And David danced before YHVH with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

2Sa 6:15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of YHVH with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

2Sa 6:16 And as the ark of YHVH came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before YHVH; and she despised him in her heart.

2Sa 6:17 And they brought in the ark of YHVH, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.

2Sa 6:18 And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts.

David communicates with God wearing the Priest's Ephod - He blesses the people = a Priest King.

23:9 When David realized that Saul was planning to harm him, he told Abiathar the priest,Bring the ephod!”

23:10 Then David said, “O YHVH God of Israel, your servant has clearly heard that Saul is planning to come to Keilah to destroy the city because of me.

According to Tanakh some of His sons were also priests. 2 Samuel 8:18

David and his sons were not Levites, - they were special people brought into the priesthood, as was Melchizedek.

"A priest after the manner of Melchizedek does not refer to Jesus taking over the Levitical priesthood forever.2
This statement also refers to King David.
Melchizedek was non-Jewish a King who lived during the times of Abraham as it says:
“And Melchizedek King of Salem brought forth bread and wine and he was a priest (Kohen) of G-d the most high” Genesis 14:18
Even thought he was not Jewish and could not be from the tribe of Levy, he is called a priest (Kohen) because of his position of service. Similarly, Jethro (Moses’ father-in-law) was called a “priest (Kohen) of Midian.” Exodus 18:1
Melchizedek was called the “King of Salem” This mean that he was a king of Jerusalem. ..."

"
Additionally, the name Melchizedek comes from two Hebrew words, ‘melech’ which means king, and ‘zedek’ which means righteousness. This means a king over a place known for its righteousness.
Jerusalem is referred to as the city that reflects God’s righteousness as it is stated:
“Jerusalem will dwell in security and this is what she (Jerusalem) will be called ‘God is our righteousness.’” Jeremiah 33:16
Melchizedek, a generic title conferred of kings who rule over Jerusalem. In the same way, all kings of Egypt were called Pharaoh, Kings of Philistine were referred as Abimelech and Kings of Persia were given the title Achasverous.
So too, kings with the name ‘zedek’ as part of their title were human kings of Jerusalem as in:
“Adonizedek, king of Jerusalem” Joshua 10:l..."

"Just as Melchizedek was king of Jerusalem so was David.
David was also promised that he would be a “priest forever after the manner of Melchizedek.” How could he be called a (Kohen) priest?
As noted above, the term priest is not exclusively used to refer to priest “Kohanin” who originated from the tribe of Levy.
In the Tanach the title Cohen is also used to refer to individuals dedicated to minister a specific service. ..."

"
We see specifically that David’s sons were referred to as “priests -Kohaim” as in:
“the sons of David were ministers (Kohanim) of state” 2 Samuel 8:18
Therefore, the term priest as in “priest of G-d, the most high” in Psalm 110:14 can also refer to a leader.
That David would be a “priest forever after the manner of Melchizedek.” means that the privilege of being ruler of Jerusalem would always remain to David and his descendants forever.
“To David and his offspring, forever” Psalm 18:51
The entire psalm speaks in the third person of King David and his relationship with G-d. He was literally a Melchizedek “king of righteousness” King of Jerusalem. ..." Rabbi Bentzion Kravitz

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/answers/jewish-polemics/texts/psalm-110-a-jewish-perspective/

upload_2017-11-18_0-52-8.jpg

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Let me get this straight. Yahweh is your name for who? And when did archaologists dig him up?
Yahweh is one of the usual sonic renderings of the tetragrammaton, the god of the Jews, hence the god of Christians. Another such rendering is Jehovah.

And we have no evidence suggesting he existed till about 1500 BCE, when he's first found among the Canaanite gods, and is generally associated with a consort, Asherah.