• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Wrote the Old Testament

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If there is any doubt that Jesus is the "Lord" of the old testament, and author of it who spoke through his prophets. Written over and over again "So they will know that I am the Lord", yet when Jesus came they did not know he was the Lord.

A couple lines of scripture showing that Jesus is the author.

Scripture- Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

My comment - This is a line from the Old Testament written by David a prophet of the Lord.

Scripture- John 10:34 Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods' ?

My comment - Here's is Jesus speaking in first person that He said in the Old Testament that you are gods.

DavidFirth

If there is any doubt that Jesus is the "Lord" of the old testament, and author of it who spoke through his prophets. Written over and over again "So they will know that I am the Lord", yet when Jesus came they did not know he was the Lord.

Scripture- Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

My comment - This is a line from the Old Testament written by David a prophet of the Lord.

Scripture- John 10:34 Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods' ?

My comment - Here's is Jesus speaking in first person that He said in the Old Testament that you are gods.

He may have just been quoting the OT scripture.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

It is far more reasonable to just assume that, because the unknown authors of the new testament had the old testament to work with, similarities should be expected. That's why the claimed fulfillment of prophecies from the old testament don't hold much water at all.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If Jesus wrote the Old Testament, then it was I who wrote the New Testament.

Prove me wrong.

Well may I nail you to a cross and stick your corpse in a tomb to see how long it takes for you to get back up?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

I'm going to be one of the few posters here who agree with you, but I'm going to have to add a caveat: I don't believe He "wrote" it, but I do believe that He is "Jehovah" of the Old Testament, and that almost all of the references to "Lord" in the Old Testament are to Him. That does not mean that I believe He is the same individual as His Father. I believe the Father to be supreme (i.e. "greater than" the Son -- not in His godly attributes but in terms of His position within the Godhead). You have mentioned one example illustrating your post. I could come up with many others.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I'm going to be one of the few posters here who agree with you, but I'm going to have to add a caveat: I don't believe He "wrote" it, but I do believe that He is "Jehovah" of the Old Testament, and that almost all of the references to "Lord" in the Old Testament are to Him. That does not mean that I believe He is the same individual as His Father. I believe the Father to be supreme (i.e. "greater than" the Son -- not in His godly attributes but in terms of His position within the Godhead). You have mentioned one example illustrating your post. I could come up with many others.

Feel free to post additional evidence. I also agree Jesus and the Father are not the same. But the "Lord" of the old testament is not God the Father, that is Jesus "The Lord". And that quote indicates the it was Jesus who was talking to the prophets.

Sanzbir

You know that the "I have said" part of John 10:35 is a part of the quote in Psalm 82:6, right?? Even as you wrote it you put the "I have said" part in quotation marks, so that's not strictly speaking Jesus' words, he is not speaking in first person, he is quoting another person who is speaking in first person.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You know that the "I have said" part of John 10:35 is a part of the quote in Psalm 82:6, right?? Even as you wrote it you put the "I have said" part in quotation marks, so that's not strictly speaking Jesus' words, he is not speaking in first person, he is quoting another person who is speaking in first person.

Funny how that plays out so he can quote the scripture and have it work both ways. I suppose your right that it does not stand alone as proof. But if you take the whole scriptures in consideration there should be no doubt Jesus was "The Lord" who spoke to Moses etc.

Sanzbir

Funny how that plays out so he can quote the scripture and have it work both ways.

I mean, yeah sure, but I quote that line of scripture not infrequently myself, and never once did I seek to imply I was The Lord. :p

I suppose your right that it does not stand alone as proof. But if you take the whole scriptures in consideration there should be no doubt Jesus was "The Lord" who spoke to Moses etc.

What parts of the book do you think leave no doubt?? I've heard a few Trinitarian arguments based on Scripture, but I've seen nothing yet that wholly convinces me. I'd be interested to see what you've got.

Jeremiah Ames

It is easy to believe there is no such thing as a trinity as described by Christianity.
It is difficult to believe there is one.
Especially so, when you read the red words.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I mean, yeah sure, but I quote that line of scripture not infrequently myself, and never once did I seek to imply I was The Lord. :p

What parts of the book do you think leave no doubt?? I've heard a few Trinitarian arguments based on Scripture, but I've seen nothing yet that wholly convinces me. I'd be interested to see what you've got.

Probably because no Apostle ever said you were there with Moses before you were ever born like he does the Son of God.

1 Cor 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
It is easy to believe there is no such thing as a trinity as described by Christianity.
It is difficult to believe there is one.
Especially so, when you read the red words.

Yes, it is impossible to believe the trinity as mainstream religion teaches it if you read the scriptures.

Sanzbir

Probably because no Apostle ever said you were there with Moses before you were ever born like he does the Son of God.

1 Cor 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Still reading and researching but I'll give you this credit: This verse is more convincing towards the Trinitarian narrative than any other verse any other person has offered to me before in support of the Trinity theorem.

So good job on that!!