• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was originally baptised a Jew, then rebaptised a Christian?

t3gah

kreeden said:
Others have already daid what I was about to . :) 1: As far as I know , Jews don't Baptize . 2: There were no " Christians " at the time .

Like it or not Jesus , the man at lest , was Jewish . He was born Jewish . He was tried as a Jew , under Jewish law . And it wasn't until after his dead that his message was taken to non-Jews .
"John the baptist" baptized and he was Jew.

Was the Samaritan woman a Jew?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
t3gah said:
"John the baptist" baptized and he was Jew.
That's completely based on christian text and little else.
During the time that Jesus was supposed to be alive there were lots of different sects of judaism, and like judaism today, their big dividing point was practice and observance, not necessarily theology.
Something we've been discussing in my Jewish History class w/ my rabbi is that one of the practices in question was that of ritual cleanlyness (sp). It could be that "John the baptist" wasn't baptising in the sense that most christians think of. He could have been working at some sort of Mikvah.

just a thought......could be wrong