• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was not crusified!

Mary23

My Dear Fellows! My dear Christian Fellows….
I was also a Non Muslim, I have accepted Islam and I want to say all of you….
Is this verse is not enough for you?????
That The Jesus was not crucified, he is still alive and will come back and will remain till the end (means till Hereafter).

Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Why will he come back???
Because to tell you O people of creating misconception about the Jesus Christ.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
That verse also mentions a son, which Islam flatly rejects. How does this verse on the one hand convince you of an important theological concept while at the same time promoting an idea so contrary to your own faith?

Dream Angel

That The Jesus was not crucified, he is still alive and will come back and will remain till the end (means till Hereafter).

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Why will he come back???

I am pleased you are so strong in your faith. We seem to have had an influx of muslims claining their faith is the Truth this week. :D As the others have already stated - that verse also states - The Son. You reject Jesus as the Son, yet it says in the verse that he was!

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
IS the concept of a ressurection lost on you? How does the verse you cited prove that Jesus was not crucified when the very same Gospel you quote from gives the details of the event? Do you think the author (Matthew) got confused?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia

Why will he come back???

The Jesus? Is Jesus now an "it" rather than a "he".

And since you believe this verse so much, I think that means you should reject Islam and be baptized into Christianity...? This is a very confusing, yet funny post. Quite amusing actually...:rolleyes:

Thank you for your profound interpretation of scripture and your convincing argument. It truly made my day. Frubals comin at ya!

.lava

Veteran Member
Allah has never talked about religions. it was always the same religion that all the Prophets explained. they were all Islam.
all the holy books mention hanif religion of Abraham. that is the true religion.
if you check you'd see hanif and Islam mean the same in different languages.
Islam means surrender. Jesus, himself was Islam, Moses as well. that means they were surrendered to Allah, they did not have freewill, they did talk and act under the command of divine will of Allah.
therefor, when Jesus comes back and invites all Christianity to Islam, that won't be surprise. but Islam he'd invite would not be an invitation to be like Islamic people. cos they do not truely practise Islam.

.lava

Veteran Member
4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

4:158 Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

neves

I been trying to explore the Greek bible for a while now... there is something I found interesting in that passage... one site I been looking at is...

http://www.greekbible.com

The word that is used for "Father" in Matthew 28, in Greek is... pathr,n {pat-ayr'}... here is definition given on that site...

"1) generator or male ancestor 1a) either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents 1b) a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David 1b1) fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation 1c) one advanced in years, a senior 2) metaph. 2a) the originator and transmitter of anything 2a1) the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself 2a2) one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds 2b) one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way 2c) a title of honour 2c1) teachers, as those to whom pupils trace back the knowledge and training they have received 2c2) the members of the Sanhedrin, whose prerogative it was by virtue of the wisdom and experience in which they excelled, to take charge of the interests of others 3) God is called the Father 3a) of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler 3b) of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men, because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector 3b1) of spiritual beings and of all men 3c) of Christians, as those who through Christ have been exalted to a specially close and intimate relationship with God, and who no longer dread him as a stern judge of sinners, but revere him as their reconciled and loving Father 3d) the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature 3d1) by Jesus Christ himself 3d2) by the apostles "

Look at the Metaphorical definition of "Father"...which is...

2) the originator and transmitter of anything"
3) God is called the Father of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder. Ruler of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men. Because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector of spiritual beings and of all men.

That is a perfect definition of what the Muslims believe Allah to be... as God describes himself in the Quran…

Sura Al-Baqara (Chapter 3) Verse 255

“Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.”

Sura Al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112)

“In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)”

The word that is used for "Son" in Matthew 28, in Greek is... uioV,n {hwee-os'}... here is definition given on that site...

“1) a son 1a) rarely used for the young of animals 1b) generally used of the offspring of men 1c) in a restricted sense, the male offspring (one born by a father and of a mother) 1d) in a wider sense, a descendant, one of the posterity of any one, 1d1) the children of Israel 1d2) sons of Abraham 1e)) used to describe one who depends on another or is his follower 1e1) a pupil 2) son of man 2a) term describing man, carrying the connotation of weakness and mortality 2b) son of man, symbolically denotes the fifth kingdom in Daniel 7:13 and by this term its humanity is indicated in contrast with the barbarity and ferocity of the four preceding kingdoms (the Babylonian, the Median and the Persian, the Macedonian, and the Roman) typified by the four beasts. In the book of Enoch (2nd Century) it is used of Christ. 2c) used by Christ himself, doubtless in order that he might intimate his Messiahship and also that he might designate himself as the head of the human family, the man, the one who both furnished the pattern of the perfect man and acted on behalf of all mankind. Christ seems to have preferred this to the other Messianic titles, because by its lowliness it was least suited to foster the expectation of an earthly Messiah in royal splendour. 3) son of God 3a) used to describe Adam (Lk. 3:38) 3b) used to describe those who are born again (Lk. 20:36) and of angels and of Jesus Christ 3c) of those whom God esteems as sons, whom he loves, protects and benefits above others 3c1) in the OT used of the Jews 3c2) in the NT of Christians 3c3) those whose character God, as a loving father, shapes by chastisements (Heb. 12:5-8) 3d) those who revere God as their father, the pious worshippers of God, those who in character and life resemble God, those who are governed by the Spirit of God, repose the same calm and joyful trust in God which children do in their parents (Rom. 8:14, Gal. 3:26 ), and hereafter in the blessedness and glory of the life eternal will openly wear this dignity of the sons of God. Term used preeminently of Jesus Christ, as enjoying the supreme love of God, united to him in affectionate intimacy, privy to his saving councils, obedient to the Father's will in all his acts For Synonyms see entry 5868”

Look at The second meaning that can be used with this word…

2) son of man

2a) term describing man, carrying the connotation of weakness and mortality
2c) used by Christ himself, doubtless in order that he might intimate his Messiahship and also that he might designate himself as the head of the human family, the man, the one who both furnished the pattern of the perfect man and acted on behalf of all mankind. Christ seems to have preferred this to the other Messianic titles, because by its lowliness it was least suited to foster the expectation of an earthly Messiah in royal splendour.

It does not have to mean the son of god… and if the second meaning is used… Then this is exactly what the Muslims believe about Jesus…

Something to contemplate… and compare…

.lava

Veteran Member
Hay!

all the Prophets, the Messengers of Allah and Murshidas are called Father, because they are men. their wives are called mother Also Maria (SAAS) is called mother.

there are verses in Quran about some Christians did call Allah 'father'.
Jesus does not have a father. his birth was complete miracle.
the reason why people deny calling Allah as father is those verses in Quran and what they mean.

Allah doesnot have sexuality cos Allah is not human or nothing like created ones.
to believe mother of Jesus is Maria (SAAS) and his father is Allah -hasha- and to refer sexuality to Allah is blasphemy.

but i know in English people call Allah he/him cos of the nature of language.

Dream Angel

I started a thread on the islamic view of the bible and they said that you accept parts of the bible, but feel most of it is incorrect and that the Quran corrects the mistakes? However this would suggest that the Holy books written can make mistakes - in your view the bible has a lot of them (yet many believe it to be the Word of God) which would also suggest that the Quran can aslo have many mistakes in it. Why didnt God get it right the first time? It would suggest God was not All-Powerful?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
It all depends on which version of the story you are working off of really. What's interesting about the Qu'ranic version, in which the Jews only think they've crucified Jesus, is the similarity it has to certain "gnostic" writings we've since discovered, some of which relate the story of Jesus's twin being crucified, and some of which relate the idea of a non-corporeal Jesus having left the body, standing by laughing at the crucifixion (if I recall Ireneaus wrote about Cerinthus holding this view). Makes me wonder whether there were such "gnostic" sects to whom Mohamed was exposed that were the inspiration for the version found in the Qu'ran.

Dream Angel

doppelgänger;848262 said:
It all depends on which version of the story you are working off of really. What's interesting about the Qu'ranic version, in which the Jews only think they've crucified Jesus, is the similarity it has to certain "gnostic" writings we've since discovered, some of which relate the story of Jesus's twin being crucified, and some of which relate the idea of a non-corporeal Jesus having left the body, standing by laughing at the crucifixion (if I recall Ireneaus wrote about Cerinthus holding this view). Makes me wonder whether there were such "gnostic" sects to whom Mohamed was exposed that were the inspiration for the version found in the Qu'ran.

Since when does Jesus supposedly have a twin - that sort of breaks the uniqueness of him!

doppelganger

Since when does Jesus supposedly have a twin - that sort of breaks the uniqueness of him!

In several versions of the story he does. "Judas" literally means "twin" and so does "Thomas" (toma in Aramaic) and "didymus" (in Greek).

In fact "Judas Thomas Didymus" literally means "Judah Twin, twin."

A

angellous_evangellous

doppelgänger;848262 said:

Interesting point. However, the antimaterialistic cosmological approach of the Gnostics and the revisionist history of the Koran (with a materialist agenda) makes the similarities conicidence rather than conspiracy.

doppelganger

Interesting point. However, the antimaterialistic cosmological approach of the Gnostics and the revisionist history of the Koran (with a materialist agenda) makes the similarities conicidence rather than conspiracy.

I'm not contending otherwise. I admit it's speculation. I don't think the Qu'ran explains why the Jews mistakenly thought it was Jesus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
hay,

Allah has never talked about religions. it was always the same religion that all the Prophets explained. they were all Islam.
all the holy books mention hanif religion of Abraham. that is the true religion.
if you check you'd see hanif and Islam mean the same in different languages.
Islam means surrender. Jesus, himself was Islam, Moses as well. that means they were surrendered to Allah, they did not have freewill, they did talk and act under the command of divine will of Allah.
therefor, when Jesus comes back and invites all Christianity to Islam, that won't be surprise. but Islam he'd invite would not be an invitation to be like Islamic people. cos they do not truely practise Islam.

"There is only one religion, the religion of love" ~ Sai Baba

"Truth is one but is called by different names" ~ Rig Veda

Paths (religions) are many but the final destination is the same, just like many rivers take different courses but lead to one ocean.

To me, Allah, Christ, Krishna etc. are all names for that one Divine Being that we all pray to.

So if someone is Muslim, be the best Muslim you can be.
If you're Hindu, be the best Hindu you can be.
If you're Christian, be the best Christian you can be.
No matter what religion you belong to, be the best that you can be.

God does not belong to any religion but he understand the language of love. If we have love in our lives, we have God. God is always there, we just have to realize it.