• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was NOT a capitalist

Was Jesus in favor of monetary gain?

• He taught a gainful life

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • He taught a life of abstinence

Votes: 23 79.3%

• Total voters

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But that's exactly what you're doing, siding with the Establishment
LOL! Take a look at my avatar because it really is quite symbolic of what I believe. Take a look at my faith statement at the bottom of this page-- does it read as if I'm "Establishment"?

the Democrats have been furious ever since the Republicans freed their slaves.
You gotta be kidding! Maybe try and read up on some history; for example the civil rights movements that I was involved in in the 1960's. Read what LBJ did and said in getting civil rights legislation through, whereas he knew how it would dearly cost the Democrats, especially in the South. Yesterday's "Southern Democrats" are largely "Republicans" today, but maybe you just haven't noticed.

metis

So....your declaration that there are no such things as inherent rights settles the argument?
Exactly as it is society that establishes those rights even if they are partially guided by religion or a specific philosophy. If not, who or what does?

Like I said (in so many words), the left's chief strategy is exploiting chaos--artificial or otherwise. Chicken Little is Al Gore or Barack Obama personified. If you're bent on ignoring that, I can't stop you.
So, accepting global warming as being real is "exploiting chaos". Obama was "exploiting chaos"? Even if these were to be true, then why in the world would you support Trump? If anyone is "exploiting chaos" it's him, as even some Republicans have stated. And he's a billionaire whose put into his cabinet military personnel and wealthy millionaires/billionaires and CEO's, but he's not "Establishment"?

Oh, my aching head.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
LOL! Take a look at my avatar because it really is quite symbolic of what I believe. Take a look at my faith statement at the bottom of this page-- does it read as if I'm "Establishment"?

Your faith statement says nothing about your politics. In fact, though I go into more detail, I could well agree with that. And yesterday's hippies are today's do-gooder leftists.

You gotta be kidding! Maybe try and read up on some history; for example the civil rights movements that I was involved in in the 1960's. Read what LBJ did and said in getting civil rights legislation through, whereas he knew how it would dearly cost the Democrats, especially in the South. Yesterday's "Southern Democrats" are largely "Republicans" today, but maybe you just haven't noticed.

I grew up in the South, and even played a small part in the desegregation of the U of Georgia starting in 1962. And I bought into LBJ BS and was a lib for about 20 years, until I started having my eyes opened. The Republicans during the CW were the abolitionists though the North fought the war to oppose secession.

But I learned that LBJ was the most corrupt president in our history. Yeah, he got JFK's Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts passed with Republican support and against Democrat opposition, but then he came up with those soul and family destroying programs, The Great Society and The War on Poverty. What he said in public was fluff. What was really doing was keeping the blacks down on the Plantation. He told two (ostensibly Southern governors) selling those programs to them, "I'll have those ni**ers voting Democrat for 200 years. Fifty and counting. This only scratches the surface. He, with his FBI file provider, J Edgar, orchestrated the most corrupt administration in US history, counting Obama.

Exactly as it is society that establishes those rights even if they are partially guided by religion or a specific philosophy. If not, who or what does?

Asked and answered above.

So, accepting global warming as being real is "exploiting chaos". Obama was "exploiting chaos"? Even if these were to be true, then why in the world would you support Trump? If anyone is "exploiting chaos" it's him, as even some Republicans have stated. And he's a billionaire whose put into his cabinet military personnel and wealthy millionaires/billionaires and CEO's, but he's not "Establishment"?

If the Establishment was against him, do you think he'd still be getting all this media fake news and lack of support from his own party? The Democrats have many more uber-wealthy than the Republicans.

And exploiting fake global warming is manufacturing chaos to exploit. Same with healthcare, in spades. It and the income tax are the two most intrusive and controlling programs in the government. Their tendrils go into every facet of our lives.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Those who want to remain in power but also keep the popular vote of the people will claim to believe in Jesus while also ensuring that the rich remain rich.

How the Republican vote works is in this way:

Republican in office: I believe in Jesus.
Poor Republican voter: I'll vote for you.

What continues to happen in a country where democracy no longer applies is that the republican individual votes merely on whether or not the candidate believes in god while blissfully ignoring the fact that republicans continue to ensure the rich remain rich while the poor remain poor.

metis

Your faith statement says nothing about your politics. In fact, though I go into more detail, I could well agree with that. And yesterday's hippies are today's do-gooder leftists.

I grew up in the South, and even played a small part in the desegregation of the U of Georgia starting in 1962. And I bought into LBJ BS and was a lib for about 20 years, until I started having my eyes opened. The Republicans during the CW were the abolitionists though the North fought the war to oppose secession.

But I learned that LBJ was the most corrupt president in our history. Yeah, he got JFK's Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts passed with Republican support and against Democrat opposition, but then he came up with those soul and family destroying programs, The Great Society and The War on Poverty. What he said in public was fluff. What was really doing was keeping the blacks down on the Plantation. He told two (ostensibly Southern governors) selling those programs to them, "I'll have those ni**ers voting Democrat for 200 years. Fifty and counting. This only scratches the surface. He, with his FBI file provider, J Edgar, orchestrated the most corrupt administration in US history, counting Obama.

Asked and answered above.

If the Establishment was against him, do you think he'd still be getting all this media fake news and lack of support from his own party? The Democrats have many more uber-wealthy than the Republicans.

And exploiting fake global warming is manufacturing chaos to exploit. Same with healthcare, in spades. It and the income tax are the two most intrusive and controlling programs in the government. Their tendrils go into every facet of our lives.
Sorry, but it's impossible for me to take hardly any of the above seriously, so I'm not going to even waste any of our time on it.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Those who want to remain in power but also keep the popular vote of the people will claim to believe in Jesus while also ensuring that the rich remain rich.

How the Republican vote works is in this way:

Republican in office: I believe in Jesus.
Poor Republican voter: I'll vote for you.

What continues to happen in a country where democracy no longer applies is that the republican individual votes merely on whether or not the candidate believes in god while blissfully ignoring the fact that republicans continue to ensure the rich remain rich while the poor remain poor.

Switch "Establishment" for Republican (and Democrat) in that and I'll sign on the dotted line.

Yes passive, non-resistant if you will.

?

Sorry, but it's impossible for me to take hardly any of the above seriously, so I'm not going to even waste any of our time on it.

If you can't make sense of that then yes, I'm sure we are wasting our time.