• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Was Muhammad?

Super Universe

Defender of God
How about this for a theory, Jesus is the Son of God who bestows upon the earth at various intervals to teach us.

Christians believe that He will one day return but what if He has been here many times already?

Could Jesus have been Buddha?

Then Christ?

Then Muhammad?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Super Universe said:
How about this for a theory, Jesus is the Son of God who bestows upon the earth at various intervals to teach us.

Christians believe that He will one day return but what if He has been here many times already?

Could Jesus have been Buddha?

Then Christ?

Then Muhammad?

Jesus Christ is not Buddha or Muhammand.

Super Universe

Defender of God
dawny0826 said:
Jesus Christ is not Buddha or Muhammand.

Dear Miss, perhaps not. But why do you believe this way?

Isn't it more of an insult to your religious ideas than an insult to anything Jesus actually taught?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Super Universe said:
Dear Miss, perhaps not. But why do you believe this way?

Isn't it more of an insult to your religious ideas than an insult to anything Jesus taught?

My Christ, my God is the God of Abraham. There is only ONE I AM.

Christ's sheep know Him. I do not know Muhammad nor do I know Buddha.

Super Universe

Defender of God
dawny0826 said:
My Christ, my God is the God of Abraham. There is only ONE I AM.

Christ's sheep know Him. I do not know Muhammad nor do I know Buddha.

And when He returns do you think He will use His old name and speak the same old things?

Do you think He knew as a child that He was the Son of God? It took Him some time to achieve full realization, maybe that's why there is nothing included in the New Testament about Him until the age of 30?

When He returns it will be to further stretch the limits of our ability to understand His Father.

choirboy

Any way for sake of discussion. Lets assume Jesus, Buddha and Mohammad existed and were all sane....( I obviously can't make the comment that Jesus did'nt exist without the christians getting incredibally upset, rude and up tight.)

This is really a comparison between the 3 which is interesting.

Super Universe

Defender of God
choirboy said:
mmm more rudeness.

Yes but heres the difference. You can go and look at historical records and find out if your ancestors existed. Similar records existed in roman times. None of them refer to Jesus and theres no record of his deeds in any of the histories. There are some obvious forgeries.

The evidence for his existance is not even scant its non existant.

We are all making a valid point and there is nothing rude about it.

Certainly we know you had ancestors but exactly who they were cannot be verified.

There is nothing you can show anyone to prove that any of your ancestors were in reality anything that you were told they were.

Those who believe in Jesus do so, not because some religious leader says so, but because we feel a connection with His words and teachings. No one before Him taught us to love one another and forgive others their wrongs.

nutshell

choirboy said:
Any way for sake of discussion. Lets assume Jesus, Buddha and Mohammad existed and were all sane....( I obviously can't make the comment that Jesus did'nt exist without the christians getting incredibally upset, rude and up tight.)

This is really a comparison between the 3 which is interesting.

You're close to stereotyping. I'm not upset, rude or uptight.

There's no scriptural support, IMO, that the three are the same. In addition, their teachings, while similar, had different twists to them. For example, I don't believe Jesus would raise an army and lay seige to a neighboring city because they kicked out years earlier (Muhammed did this). Further, Buddha never claimed to be God, but Jesus did.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Super Universe said:
And when He returns do you think He will use His old name and speak the same old things?

Do you think He knew as a child that He was the Son of God? It took Him some time to achieve full realization, maybe that's why there is nothing included in the New Testament about Him until the age of 30?

When He returns it will be to further stretch the limits of our ability to understand His Father.

First grade is over, it's time to move onward.

When Christ returns, His sheep will know Him. We're told that in the Word.

I believe that Christ was God in the flesh. God came to us as flesh to show us how to commune with Him, how to establish the appropriate Father/child relationship with Him. Yes, when Christ Jesus died in agony for our sins...I don't doubt at all that He knew He was.

With all due respect, I have the beautiful opportunity to establish a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father through Christ NOW. Christ died so that we could live for Him and live now with the peace that we ARE reconciled to God. I don't have to wait for HIs return to get to know Him. I can start now. Naturally, no one on this side of heaven can fully understand now...but we can certainly begin our lives with Him.

nutshell

I'm not trying to sound sacreligious, but when he returns do you think he'll wear a business suit? I mean he wore traditional clothes for the time, right? Is he going to keep the robes we always picture him in or will he be a clean-shaven business suit kind of guy?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
nutshell said:
I'm not trying to sound sacreligious, but when he returns do you think he'll wear a business suit? I mean he wore traditional clothes for the time, right? Is he going to keep the robes we always picture him in or will he be a clean-shaven business suit kind of guy?

Regardless, I have a hunch that His sheep will know Him.

nutshell

choirboy said:
Originally I said you couldn't compare them because one was mad, one didn't exist and one did exist and wasn't mad. That was my take on the question and now every one is insulted and its gone off topic. Its my response thats all.

I realise that it takes a lot to show people that they are misguided especially when it comes to religion. People believe things more for philosophical reasons than on a appraisal of the evidence. So I'm not trying to convert anyone to my views.

I am amazed at the defenders of the faith though and the amount of anger they show .

I'm waiting for a response to my post, choirboy, or do you choose not to answer becaues you see your logical fallacy?

Super Universe

Defender of God
nutshell said:
You're close to stereotyping. I'm not upset, rude or uptight.

There's no scriptural support, IMO, that the three are the same. In addition, their teachings, while similar, had different twists to them. For example, I don't believe Jesus would raise an army and lay seige to a neighboring city because they kicked out years earlier (Muhammed did this). Further, Buddha never claimed to be God, but Jesus did.

There's no scriptural support? Mmm, no but isn't there similarity in the effect they had on people's religious beliefs? They all bring people (some people) closer to God.

Maybe some of the different twists that you refer to are cultural interpretations?

I agree with you that Jesus would not preach forgiveness then lead an army but, if this was so, when Jesus was Muhammad He would not be Jesus. Who would you be if you did not remember everything before now? It took Jesus thirty years to realize that He was the Son of God.

I don't believe that Jesus, Muhammad, and Buddah were the same being but I think it's an interesting idea.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Originally I said you couldn't compare them because one was mad, one didn't exist and one did exist and wasn't mad. That was my take on the question and now every one is insulted and its gone off topic. Its my response thats all.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. My intentions are in no way to belittle you.

I realise that it takes a lot to show people that they are misguided especially when it comes to religion.

Truthlfully, who is insulting who now?

People believe things more for philosophical reasons than on a appraisal of the evidence. So I'm not trying to convert anyone to my views.

You're kind of sterotyping when you place everyone under this blanket of thinking. Many who are religious do not rely on philosophical reasonsing to justify their way of thinking.

I am amazed at the defenders of the faith though and the amount of anger they show .

Maybe you're misinterpreting here. There's a difference between being angry with someone and trying to defend one's beliefs.

I've posted on RF for quite a while and people of all different religions and mind sets post here. We have heated debate but this is a very loving and accepting community.

Do remember that you asked questions and people are trying to answer. If you felt that you needed to defend your beliefs...your "tone" could possible come across as something other than it was intended as well.

Welcome to the forum! There are some really good people here. People may be a bit defensive though, if they feel their beliefs are under scrutiny.

Super Universe

Defender of God
choirboy said:

I realise that it takes a lot to show people that they are misguided especially when it comes to religion. People believe things more for philosophical reasons than on a appraisal of the evidence. So I'm not trying to convert anyone to my views.

Misguided? But what do you know about me or any of us?

Your life experiences may make you a being without an awareness of God but what is that to me?

Do you really think you can convince any of us that we are misguided and not you? But where is your proof?

Islam

Jesus was a messenger of God. Mohammed also was a Messenger of God (his final Messenger)
Look All the prophets preached fore the same message "worship only one God" and thats what we believe in Islam. God is one and he is perfect, he has no son no wife nothing like that. And that ones relationship is between God and himself with no "link" between them. We beleive in Jesus and the Virgin Marry, however we believe that he was a prophet and thats all and he preached for "One God". Thats the difference between Muslims and CHristians, or at least the main one.
So no Mohammed peace be upon him wasnt Jesus Christ peace be upon him, its like saying Jesus was Moses (p.b.u.h)

Islam

Heres some of the prophecies in the Bible that mention Mohammed peace be upon him and upon all the prophets :

Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of
Muhammad , the Prophet of Islam
The Biblical prophecies on the advent of the Prophet Muhammad are evidence of the truth of Islam for people who believe in the Bible.

In Deuteronomy 18, Moses stated that God told him: “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy 18:18-19).1

From these verses we conclude that the prophet in this prophecy must have the following three characteristics:

1) That he will be like Moses.

2) That he will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.

3) That God will put His words in to the mouth of this prophet and that he will declare what God commands him.

Let us examine these three characteristics in more depth:

1) A prophet like Moses:
There were hardly any two prophets who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad . Both were given a comprehensive law and code of life. Both encountered their enemies and were victorious in miraculous ways. Both were accepted as prophets and statesmen. Both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlook not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well. These include the natural birth, the family life, and death of Moses and Muhammad but not of Jesus. Moreover Jesus was regarded by his followers as the Son of God and not exclusively as a prophet of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslims believe Jesus was. So, this prophecy refers to the Prophet Muhammad and not to Jesus, because Muhammad is more like Moses than Jesus.

Also, one notices from the Gospel of John that the Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three distinct prophecies. The first was the coming of Christ. The second was the coming of Elijah. The third was the coming of the Prophet. This is obvious from the three questions that were posed to John the Baptist: “Now this was John’s testimony, when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.” (John 1:19-21). If we look in a Bible with cross-references, we will find in the marginal notes where the words “the Prophet” occur in John 1:21, that these words refer to the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18:18.2 We conclude from this that Jesus Christ is not the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:18.

2) From the brothers of the Israelites:
Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21). Ishmael became the grandfather of the Arab nation, and Isaac became the grandfather of the Jewish nation. The prophet spoken of was not to come from among the Jews themselves, but from among their brothers, i.e. the Ishmaelites. Muhammad , a descendant of Ishmael, is indeed this prophet.

Also, Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the servant of God, His “chosen one” and “messenger” who will bring down a law. “He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:4). Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Kedar. Who is Kedar? According to Genesis 25:13, Kedar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of the Prophet Muhammad .

3) God will put His words in the mouth of this prophet:
The words of God (the Holy Quran) were truly put into Muhammad’s mouth. God sent the Angel Gabriel to teach Muhammad the exact words of God (the Holy Quran) and asked him to dictate them to the people as he heard them. The words are therefore not his own. They did not come from his own thoughts, but were put into his mouth by the Angel Gabriel. During the life time of Muhammad , and under his supervision, these words were then memorized and written by his companions.

Also, this prophecy in Deuteronomy mentioned that this prophet will speak the words of God in the name of God. If we looked to the Holy Quran, we will find that all its chapters, except Chapter 9, are preceded or begin with the phrase, “In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”

Another indication (other than the prophecy in Deuteronomy) is that Isaiah ties the messenger connected with Kedar with a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sung to the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). This is mentioned more clearly in the prophecy of Isaiah: “and another tongue, will he speak to this people” (Isaiah 28:11 KJV). Another related point, is that the Quran was revealed in sections over a span of twenty-three years. It is interesting to compare this with Isaiah 28 which speaks of the same thing, “For it is: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there.” (Isaiah 28:10).

Note that God has said in the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18, “If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy, 18:19). This means that whoever believes in the Bible must believe in what this prophet says, and this prophet is the Prophet Muhammad .

Super Universe

Defender of God
Islam said:
Jesus was a messenger of God. Mohammed also was a Messenger of God (his final Messenger)
Look All the prophets preached fore the same message "worship only one God" and thats what we believe in Islam. God is one and he is perfect, he has no son no wife nothing like that. And that ones relationship is between God and himself with no "link" between them. We beleive in Jesus and the Virgin Marry, however we believe that he was a prophet and thats all and he preached for "One God". Thats the difference between Muslims and CHristians, or at least the main one.
So no Mohammed peace be upon him wasnt Jesus Christ peace be upon him, its like saying Jesus was Moses (p.b.u.h)

You agree that Jesus and Mohammed (p.b.u.h) were both messengers. Isn't this an important similarity?

I can understand that you do not believe that Jesus is God but that is not the question.

They both preached the "One God" concept.

I think you can argue that there are as many similarities as there are differences and it's up to the person to decide which is more important. Most people find one difference and that is all they need to doubt.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
choirboy said:
1 Jesus never existed.
2 Mohammad was a sociopath.

Welcome to the Forum!

Well, that certainly clears up a lot. Thank you so much! BTW, Did you learn these things through divine revelation, Choirboy, or do you actually have some hard evidence to support your speculations?

Nevermind the "evidence" for Jesus never existing. There have been several threads on that already. But I'm curious what evidence you have for the notion that Mohammed was a sociopath?

So, let me ask this:

What do you mean by "sociopath"?

What evidence do you have that Mohammed fits your definition of sociopath?