• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was just an Idea.

Frog

Cult of Kek.
Was Jesus and all esoteric prophets and doctrines just an idea used to convey (symbolically) the secrets of the universe?

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member
Would those objective learners have any hope to grasp the full significance when even masters know that experience is valued over knowledge.

Only if they do the math, and if it all adds up and the numbers make a significant impression upon them, maybe.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Was Jesus and all esoteric prophets and doctrines just an idea used to convey (symbolically) the secrets of the universe?
I think they were real people but did convey the secrets of the universe.

Frog

Cult of Kek.
I think they were real people but did convey the secrets of the universe.
Would it matter if at all they did exist? Is not the teaching alone of the sole significance? Would it then be so hard for an atheist to accept the word on the principal of its teaching rather than an embrace of strict belief like that of contained in the catechisms.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Would it matter if at all they did exist? Is not the teaching alone of the sole significance? Would it then be so hard for an atheist to accept the word on the principal of its teaching rather than an embrace of strict belief?
Absolutely... many of the truths are used today successfully in business and in life.

PureX

Veteran Member
Most myths are a combination of fact and embellishment intended to convey some ideological truth (as opposed to the factual truth).

I tend to believe that there was an actual man at the genesis of the myth that we know, today. And that he must have been or done something quite extraordinary to have garnered so much attention and contemplation even as an otherwise quite ordinary person. And I think what he did was introduce a new way of perceiving "God", and of perceiving our relationship with "God", to the world. And it was this new way of understand God and our relationship to it that created such a stir, and inspired so much attention and contemplation even after the man was long gone. And over time, of course, his story was morphed and exaggerated to better convey the ideals that the man and his words and his life had come to represent to succeeding generations, as happens with all such stories historical characters. This is how myth works, and what it's for.