• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was born on 9/11 (1 Tishri 3 BC)

penxv

And most Christians couldn't tell you what Jesus said. Catholicism, protestantism, and evangelical Christianity are corrupted by idolatry in similar ways.

But the ways that Judaism and Islam are corrupted by idolatry seem to have more disastrous potential because of how their material interests are in (avoidable) dispute.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Did Jesus spend his lost years in Sri Lanka?
Were his last years in Kashmir?

The Cornish people have a legend that Joseph of A took Jesus to visit Cornwall, possibly on a Tin trading mission? Not completely daft since Tyre and Sidon traded with Cornwall for tin from the beginning of the bronze age.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I believe a Capricorn man is: A man of sorrow and acquainted with grief, like Richard Nixon. Also a man of prominence.

I believe the Bible says He was 29 in 29AD. That seems more authoritative to me.

The bible says he was born in the year that Coponius tried to hold a census, and in which the Syrian Legate Cyrenius held a second census..... 6AD.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
chrestos.jpg

The photograph reveals that the word purportedly used by Tacitus in Annals 15.44, chrestianos ("the good"), has been overwritten as christianos ("the Christians") by a later hand, a deceit which explains the excessive space between the letters and the exaggerated "dot" (dash) above the new "i". The entire "torched Christians" passage of Tacitus is not only fake, it has been repeatedly "worked over" by fraudsters to improve its value as evidence for the Jesus myth.

I think you might mean 'the Christian myth'.

The person known by Christians as 'Jesus' did exist.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And most Christians couldn't tell you what Jesus said. Catholicism, protestantism, and evangelical Christianity are corrupted by idolatry in similar ways.

But the ways that Judaism and Islam are corrupted by idolatry seem to have more disastrous potential because of how their material interests are in (avoidable) dispute.

OK...... OK...... I have read your posts.

What I need to know is : how does any of this make any difference to me, my wife, our dogs or the Universe?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In what form did the person known as 'Jesus'existed ?
A Galilean handworker, a nagarra, in the 2nd order of peasants, a worker in either wood, stone, bone or possibly metal, a man with remarkable abilities, who lead an uprising against Temple and priesthood Corruption over about 11-12 months, and demonstrated and picketed in the Great Temple two days running during a passover week.

But his name was not Jesus, that got spun up 1500 years after his death. His name was close to Yeshua BarYosef, son of Joseph BarJacob and Mriam BartaHeli.

That's my best shot........

penxv

OK...... OK...... I have read your posts.

What I need to know is : how does any of this make any difference to me, my wife, our dogs or the Universe?

I don't know if you've ever seen the movie the Matrix... there is a scene where the protagonist meets the sensei character and is offered a choice to either see the world the way it really is (red pill) or go back to sleep (blue pill).

"Taking the red pill" has become a euphemism for drifting into conspiracy theorizing about topics that are verboten. I think that this nugget of information has good potential as a "red-pill" because it combines disparate topics in a way that makes synchronicity more visible for people that aren't usually apt to see it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't know if you've ever seen the movie the Matrix... there is a scene where the protagonist meets the sensei character and is offered a choice to either see the world the way it really is (red pill) or go back to sleep (blue pill).
Nope...... never watched it.
"Taking the red pill" has become a euphemism for drifting into conspiracy theorizing about topics that are verboten. I think that this nugget of information has good potential as a "red-pill" because it combines disparate topics in a way that makes synchronicity more visible for people that aren't usually apt to see it.

Here is a secret from me, to you, about people.
Ready?
People see what they want to see.
If you can show people that they can HAVE something, then they will take interest.
I don't think that you have shown many folks anything that they want.

That's what it was like 2000 years ago when the peasant masses of the Jewish provinces were being fleeced and let-down by the upper (priesthood) class, which just wanted what it wanted.

The date you needed to find was the birth date for Jochannan BenZacharius the Immerser. He started 'it' when he short circuited the wicked system. Yeshua BarYosef picked it up after John's arrest.

If a person would come forward today, offering freedom from sickness (remission) to all and any that he (say) would touch...... he would either be dead or incarcerated within six months, probably six weeks.

People will flock to something if it's something they want.

So..... what you got that folks all desperately want?[/QUOTE]

For starters, Rosh HaShannah of 3 BCE would have begun at sunset of Monday September 9 of the Julian calendar, had it existed, and ended at nightfall of Tuesday September 10. The equivalent Gregorian dates would be September 22/23.

Although this is an interesting conspiracy theory, it unfortunately does not coincide with either chr-stian birth narrative, which incidentally do not coincide with each other.

In the Matthew birth narrative, Herod the Great was ruler of Judaea during the unknown date and year of the child’s birth. One thing that is a historically proven fact is that Herod the Great ruled Judaea as a Tributary, or Vassal State, of the Roman Empire from 37 BCE until his death on approximately April 1 of 4 BCE.

The Matthew narrative in no way gives us any idea what year the child may have been born, but according to the Matthew story the family was living in Egypt for some unknown amount of time at the time of Herod’s death.

Something that the story does tell us is that at some unknown amount of time after the child’s birth an unspecified number of magoi, which were z-roastrian priests, visited Herod. According to the story Herod questioned the magoi, and carefully calculated the date of the star’s first appearance. Herod then ordered all male children in Bethlehem 2 years of age and younger to be killed.

The story goes on to say that an angel told Joseph to take his family and flee to Egypt to avoid Herod’s decree. It also tells us that they were residing in Egypt at the time of Herod’s death. The only thing we can really determine from this story is that they were living in Egypt for some unknown amount of time at the time of Herod’s death. One thing that is certain is that it would have taken them 30 days to travel from Bethlehem to the nearest inhabitable Egyptian town, by either ox cart or donkey cart. This means that the latest possible date they could have left Bethlehem would have been late February of 4 BCE.

Assuming that there is any fraction of reality involved in this story, the only thing we can determine for certain is that they had been living in Egypt for some unknown amount of time prior to Herod’s death. It could have been days, weeks, months or even years. Therefore, according to the story in Matthew, the very latest possible date for the child’s birth would have been late February of 6 BCE, and the earliest date any time after 37 BCE.

The birth narrative in Luke is a completely different story, taking place at a completely different period of time, with a completely different set of events. However the biggest difference between the two is that Matthew gives us only one constant and everything else are variables, whereas Luke gives us several verifiable constants.

Luke’s story begins by stating that Herod was ruling Judaea, but he does not specify which Herod, but the events of the story actually do verify that it was in fact Archelaus. He also mentions a Priest named Zechariah who was of the division of Abijah. There were a total of 24 divisions of priests. Each division of priests served in the Temple for one week, two times per year; and during the weeks of Pésaḥ, Shavuot and Sukkot for a total of 5 weeks per year. Abijah was the eighth division.

Each week of service began and ended on the Sabbath. Division 1 could begin anywhere between Nisan 1 and Nisan 7 depending upon which date the Sabbath happens to fall that particular year. Therefore Division 8 could begin anywhere between Iyyar 27 and Sivan 4. This makes things rather easy to calculate.

In the year 5 CE Division 8 would have served Sivan 2-16/May 31-June 13 because it includes the week of Shavuot (aka festival of weeks). Therefore Elizabeth became pregnant shortly after June 13 of 5 CE, and would have given birth to John somewhere around March 13 of 6 CE. Because it informs us that Mary became pregnant 6 months after Elizabeth, she would have become pregnant somewhere shortly after December 13 of 5 CE, and given birth somewhere around September 13 of 6 CE. How do these particular dates fall in line with recorded history?

On or about August 21 of 6 CE Herod Archelaus was deposed and banished by the Roman Government, and the territory that he ruled as a Vassal State, which included Judah, Samaria and Edom, was annexed by Rome and became the Roman province of Judaea; and Coponius was appointed as the first Prefect. Shortly thereafter on or about September 7 of 6 CE Publius Sulpicius Quirinius was appointed Governor of the District of Syria, of which the new province of Judaea was a part. Because he was a brand new Governor and because several new provinces had recently been added to the District, it was necessary to conduct a Tax Census, to assess exactly how much tax each citizen was obligated to pay.

The deposing and banishment of Archelaus, the appointment of Coponius as Prefect, the appointment of Quirinius and the Tax Census are all well documented Historical facts. However, because these are well documented historical facts, it is also where the birth story completely falls apart.

According to the story in Matthew, Joseph and Mary lived in Bethlehem until they fled to Egypt, and they did not relocate to Nazareth until they returned and discovered that Archelaus was now ruling Judah. However, according to the story in Luke they lived in Nazareth the entire time and only traveled to Bethlehem for the Tax Census. This is impossible.

Nazareth was in Galilee, which along Peraea were still being ruled by Herod Antipas, and were still Vassal States. A Vassal State is not an official province of Rome and is therefore not taxable by Rome. Instead, a Vassal State pays an annual tribute to Rome. Citizens of Galilee were not subject to the Tax Census ordered by Quirinius. Even if they had been subject to it, they would not have had to travel anywhere. A Tax Assessor would have come to their home to appraise the value of their property, the size of their family and the amount of their income. That is how Tax assessment works. So even though the Tax Census is an absolute historical fact, the events of the birth story are factually impossible. The Roman Government would not have cared at all about anyone’s ancestors, or where they were from. The only thing they were concerned with was the property value of where a person lived right then, the size of their current family and their income.

So according to Matthew he was born no later than February of 6 BCE and according to Luke he was born in mid-late September of 6 CE. Very irreconcilable differences. Not to mention that history itself proves that the events recorded in the chr-stian texts are historically impossible.

It is an archaeologically proven fact that Bethlehem of Judaea was completely uninhabited from the Fourth Century BCE until the late Fourth Century CE. It is also an archaeologically proven fact that Nazareth did not exist until approximately 200 CE. Existing Tax Records verify these archaeological findings.

According to all historical evidence chr-stianity is a vacuum prior to 380 CE, after that it is everywhere. Logic dictates that chr-stianity was invented by Emperor Theodosius I in 380 CE. Chr-stianity only has a history according to chr-stian legend, and that is called hearsay, and would not be admissible as evidence in any Court anywhere on Earth. So attempting to assume a date of birth for the protagonist of the chr-stian story is really no different than trying to assume the birthdate of Pinocchio or Peter Pan.

penxv

Nope...... never watched it.

Here is a secret from me, to you, about people.
Ready?
People see what they want to see.
If you can show people that they can HAVE something, then they will take interest.
I don't think that you have shown many folks anything that they want.

That's what it was like 2000 years ago when the peasant masses of the Jewish provinces were being fleeced and let-down by the upper (priesthood) class, which just wanted what it wanted.

The date you needed to find was the birth date for Jochannan BenZacharius the Immerser. He started 'it' when he short circuited the wicked system. Yeshua BarYosef picked it up after John's arrest.

If a person would come forward today, offering freedom from sickness (remission) to all and any that he (say) would touch...... he would either be dead or incarcerated within six months, probably six weeks.

People will flock to something if it's something they want.

So..... what you got that folks all desperately want?
[/QUOTE]

I just like writing words on the internet. I don't have anything that people want and I can't change your dogs life.

But that faith-healing stuff sounds like the kind of work that Dr. Nemeh does. It's like a form of positive psychology.

gnostic

The Lost One
The bible says he was born in the year that Coponius tried to hold a census, and in which the Syrian Legate Cyrenius held a second census..... 6AD.
Wrong.

Gaius Sentius Saturninus was legate of Syria from 9 BCE to 7 or 6 BCE, and Publius Quinctilius Varus from 7/6 BCE to 4 BCE. These two governors were mentioned by Flavius Josephus.

4 BCE was the year that Herod died.

Varus was married to the daughter of Marcus Agrippa, Augustus' best friend and his greatest general when the emperor was still called Octavius.

As to Publius Sulpicius Quirinius ( or Cyrenius), he was legate of Galatia, where he was in military campaign against the Homonadenses in the mountains of Galatia and Cilicia, from 12 BCE to 1 BCE. Quirinius was too busy leading his legions against the insurrection of the Homonadenses, to hold census in Judaea.

Quirinius did serve as legate twice, BUT NEVER TWICE IN SYRIA. He only served once in Syria, between 6 CE to 12 CE.

The only reason why there was a census in the first place, was Judaea became a new Roman province, after Augustus banished Herod Archelaus in 6 CE. Census was required for Roman taxation.

While Herod was still alive, no census was carried out because Judaea wasn't a Roman province.

So there was no 2nd census, and no 2nd governorship of Quirinius in Syria.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What was wrong?
I wrote that the bible claims that Jesus was not born before 6CE..... because the bible claims that Joseph and Mary had to travel to Bethlehem duiring 6CE before he would be born. You write 'wrong'....... but my post was right about that mention in the bible.

Gaius Sentius Saturninus was legate of Syria from 9 BCE to 7 or 6 BCE, and Publius Quinctilius Varus from 7/6 BCE to 4 BCE. These two governors were mentioned by Flavius Josephus.
I know...... so.... what? You need to arrive at 6CE.!!

4 BCE was the year that Herod died.
I know. .... so...... what? You're supposed to be showing how the two Censi of 6 CE never happened!

Varus was married to the daughter of Marcus Agrippa, Augustus' best friend and his greatest general when the emperor was still called Octavius.
I know..... so ..... what?
Please come forward to 6CE!

As to Publius Sulpicius Quirinius ( or Cyrenius), he was legate of Galatia, where he was in military campaign against the Homonadenses in the mountains of Galatia and Cilicia, from 12 BCE to 1 BCE. Quirinius was too busy leading his legions against the insurrection of the Homonadenses, to hold census in Judaea.
I know! But that was 5 years before 6CE (AD)! Please just arrive at the date in question!

Quirinius did serve as legate twice, BUT NEVER TWICE IN SYRIA. He only served once in Syria, between 6 CE to 12 CE.
I know! ....... so Quirinius/Cyrenius WAS Syrian legate in 6CE and perfectly able to order a Census.... (the 2nd one that year). You got there..... at last!

The only reason why there was a census in the first place, was Judaea became a new Roman province, after Augustus banished Herod Archelaus in 6 CE.
I know!...... Excellent! You've finally arrived at 6CE and confirmed that Quirinius/Cyrenius DID supervise a Census for Rome.

Census was required for Roman taxation.
We know! So it did happen, and after saying that my mention of this was wrong? ... :facepalm:

While Herod was still alive, no census was carried out because Judaea wasn't a Roman province.
Oh dear...... we know. We know.

So there was no 2nd census, and no 2nd governorship of Quirinius in Syria.
You are so wrong.
You really should come to the relevant point more quickly and be careful before you make incorrect claims.
There were two Censi in Iudea (that's Judea, Idumea and Samaria) in 6CE. Nobody said that Cyrenius/Quirinius held two offices in Syria. Why do you write this irrelevant stuff?

Here...... let me introduce you to the facts about the Censi in Iudea in 6CE. So at least you'll learn something from all this.

When the Roman Prefect (Coponius) was installed in Iudea after the 'retirement' of Herod Archelaus he was instructed to hold a census and prepare for Roman supervision of taxation. He was completely inadequate to the task. He was incompetent in this area of government. There were demonstrations and uprisings over his taxation policies. One serious uprising was lead by a man called 'Judas the Galilean'. Things were getting seriously out of hand. The uprisings were put down, and Caesar ordered the Syrian Legate Cyrenius/Quirinius to step in and handle the situation. He managed the second census in Iudea in 6CE which was mentioned in the bible.

Whilst these events occured, it's very unlikely that any persons living outside Iudea would have been summoned to these proinces, so I doubt that part of the nativity story, along with most of the nativity story.

I hope that this post has helped add to your knowledge.
:facepalm:

gnostic

The Lost One
What was wrong?
I wrote that the bible claims that Jesus was not born before 6CE..... because the bible claims that Joseph and Mary had to travel to Bethlehem duiring 6CE before he would be born. You write 'wrong'....... but my post was right about that mention in the bible.

I know...... so.... what? You need to arrive at 6CE.!!

I know. .... so...... what? You're supposed to be showing how the two Censi of 6 CE never happened!

I know..... so ..... what?
Please come forward to 6CE!

I know! But that was 5 years before 6CE (AD)! Please just arrive at the date in question!

I know! ....... so Quirinius/Cyrenius WAS Syrian legate in 6CE and perfectly able to order a Census.... (the 2nd one that year). You got there..... at last!

I know!...... Excellent! You've finally arrived at 6CE and confirmed that Quirinius/Cyrenius DID supervise a Census for Rome.

We know! So it did happen, and after saying that my mention of this was wrong? ... :facepalm:

Oh dear...... we know. We know.

You are so wrong.
You really should come to the relevant point more quickly and be careful before you make incorrect claims.
There were two Censi in Iudea (that's Judea, Idumea and Samaria) in 6CE. Nobody said that Cyrenius/Quirinius held two offices in Syria. Why do you write this irrelevant stuff?

Here...... let me introduce you to the facts about the Censi in Iudea in 6CE. So at least you'll learn something from all this.

When the Roman Prefect (Coponius) was installed in Iudea after the 'retirement' of Herod Archelaus he was instructed to hold a census and prepare for Roman supervision of taxation. He was completely inadequate to the task. He was incompetent in this area of government. There were demonstrations and uprisings over his taxation policies. One serious uprising was lead by a man called 'Judas the Galilean'. Things were getting seriously out of hand. The uprisings were put down, and Caesar ordered the Syrian Legate Cyrenius/Quirinius to step in and handle the situation. He managed the second census in Iudea in 6CE which was mentioned in the bible.

Whilst these events occured, it's very unlikely that any persons living outside Iudea would have been summoned to these proinces, so I doubt that part of the nativity story, along with most of the nativity story.

There were no 2 separate census held in the same year - 6 CE - one from Coponius and one from Quirinius. There was only 1 census. You are making things up.

Antiquities of the Jews Book XVIII 1 said:
1. NOW Cyrenius, a Roman senator, and one who had gone through other magistracies, and had passed through them till he had been consul, and one who, on other accounts, was of great dignity, came at this time into Syria, with a few others, being sent by Caesar to he a judge of that nation, and to take an account of their substance. Coponius also, a man of the equestrian order, was sent together with him, to have the supreme power over the Jews. Moreover, Cyrenius came himself into Judea, which was now added to the province of Syria, to take an account of their substance, and to dispose of Archelaus's money; but the Jews, although at the beginning they took the report of a taxation heinously, yet did they leave off any further opposition to it, by the persuasion of Joazar, who was the son of Beethus, and high priest; so they, being over-pesuaded by Joazar's words, gave an account of their estates, without any dispute about it. Yet was there one Judas, a Gaulonite, (1) of a city whose name was Gamala, who, taking with him Sadduc, (2) a Pharisee, became zealous to draw them to a revolt, who both said that this taxation was no better than an introduction to slavery, and exhorted the nation to assert their liberty; as if they could procure them happiness and security for what they possessed, and an assured enjoyment of a still greater good, which was that of the honor and glory they would thereby acquire for magnanimity.

I only see one census, in the above. And I see only the revolt of Judas occurring after the census.

There are no 2 census here.

Please, stop making things up.

And at the beginning, it showed Quirinius being appointed at the same time as Coponius, not at different times.

Antiquities of the Jews Book XVIII 1 said:
Coponius also, a man of the equestrian order, was sent together with him...
The "him" being "Quirinius" (Cyrenius).

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There were no 2 separate census held in the same year - 6 CE - one from Coponius and one from Quirinius. There was only 1 census. You are making things up.

I only see one census, in the above. And I see only the revolt of Judas occurring after the census. There are no 2 census here. Please, stop making things up.

And at the beginning, it showed Quirinius being appointed at the same time as Coponius, not at different times.
I know! Different positions! Same year.....

Quirinius was appointed to a VERY VERY SENIOR HIGH STATUS position..... that of 'Syrian Legate'.

Coponius was appointed to the LOER STATUS POSITION of Iduean Prefect.

Both in the same year.

And after Copinius' mess ups Quirinius was asked by Caesar to 'sort it'.

Ergo...... Two Censi in 6CE.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It is an archaeologically proven fact that Bethlehem of Judaea was completely uninhabited from the Fourth Century BCE until the late Fourth Century CE. It is also an archaeologically proven fact that Nazareth did not exist until approximately 200 CE. Existing Tax Records verify these archaeological findings.

Hello......
I enjoyed reading all of your post, and copied some parts of it to squirrel away into my HJ folders. Thankyou.

I don't know about Bethlehem, but my interest lies with Nazareth. Archeological records show that there was human activity around and upon Nazareth a long time before the Jesus story. Also, circa early 1st century there have been oil lamps found, and a single building complex.

I believe that I can propose that Nazareth, The middle-age Cana, the more recent Cana, and other hilltops around Zippori/Sephoris were in fact busy communities during the period of HerodtG's reign and early 1st century. The archeology is fine, but it does not create a Nazareth Myth.

Obviously this thread is focused upon other details, but if the OP does not mind, maybe we could discuss my proposal that Nazareth was in fact a community at this time?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I just like writing words on the internet. I don't have anything that people want and I can't change your dogs life.
Same here.... :)
You almost certainly do have things that folks want. We all do..... it's just a matter of digging around within and without ourselves! :D
I won't tell our hounds about the other thing! They're both very spoiled anyway, and don't deserve your gifts. :D

But that faith-healing stuff sounds like the kind of work that Dr. Nemeh does. It's like a form of positive psychology.
Yes! I met a wonderful healer 45 years ago. Harry Edwards of Leatherhead, England. He claimed to just heal, and didn't require anybody to have faith in God or himself.

I was witness to his amazing healings and have often wondered how much of his success was based upon placebo, charismatic stun, physical knowledge and medecine.

I think that JtB was a healer, and that his immersion and confession role must have held a massive placebo healing effect for the superstitious peasant folks ......

And of course he diverted funds away from the Temple which must have lead to his arrest. It's fun to try and calculate how much silver the Temple lost because of his interference in the Temple process. :D

gnostic

The Lost One
I know! Different positions! Same year.....

Quirinius was appointed to a VERY VERY SENIOR HIGH STATUS position..... that of 'Syrian Legate'.

Coponius was appointed to the LOER STATUS POSITION of Iduean Prefect.

Both in the same year.

And after Copinius' mess ups Quirinius was asked by Caesar to 'sort it'.

Ergo...... Two Censi in 6CE.
No, even now, you are still wrong.

There were no two census on the same year. There were only one census, held by Quirinius, AFTER Augustus banished Archelaus from Judaea.

And both Quirinius and Coponius were appointed AT THE SAME TIME, not different times of the same year.

Quirinius was not appointed after Coponius.

The legate or governorship of Syria was always in charge of the entire region. The prefecti and procurators were always minor governorship, working under the legati.

You don't understand how Roman politics work, oldbadger. A prefect's main duties:
  1. that he must followed the chain of command, so legate of Syria and the emperor himself were above him, as well as those given special commands, like Gaius Caesar, an adopted son of Augustus, became commander of the East, from 6 BCE and 4 CE, who can overrule any legate.
  2. policing the new province,
  3. dealing with judicial cases.
The Gospel of Luke (2:1), unreliable as it is historically, only mentioned 1 census taking place. Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, Book 18, only mention just 1 census.

Demonstration of Luke's unreliability, is when he wrote:
[QUOTE="Luke 2:1]In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered.[/QUOTE]
There was only one census taking place that year, and ONLY IN JUDAEA, because Augustus had annexed Judaea, turning it into a new province. There was no reason for Augustus to perform a census of his entire empire, for one new province.

And 2nd, the gospel also claimed that Joseph have to register in the census, and travel from his home in Galilee to Bethlehem, because of his ancestry to the tribe of Judah. That Joseph have to seek refuge in manger instead of his own house, just showed that Joseph has no property in Bethlehem.

As Yohanan ben Yaaqov stated in his post, that not how Roman tax and census work. They only required registration from those people actively and currently living in Judaea. If Joseph only lived and worked in Galilee, then he would not be required to register at all.

Not only that, the Romans don't know and don't care who's Joseph's ancestry was or what tribe he belong to, so it would be highly unlikely for Joseph to register on the basis of his family tree.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No, even now, you are still wrong.

And both Quirinius and Coponius were appointed AT THE SAME TIME, not different times of the same year.

Quirinius was not appointed after Coponius........

Look...... I'll just stop you there, because I KNOW that Quirinius and Coponius were appointed to DIFFERENT jobs at the SAME time.

But as far as Coponius attempting to hold a census in his provinces (Idumea, Samaria and Judea) and coming horribly unstuck, thus needing Quirinius to intervene and hold the censuis under his own authority, I'll just leave you in a merry lack of knowledge.

gnostic

The Lost One
Look...... I'll just stop you there, because I KNOW that Quirinius and Coponius were appointed to DIFFERENT jobs at the SAME time.

But as far as Coponius attempting to hold a census in his provinces (Idumea, Samaria and Judea) and coming horribly unstuck, thus needing Quirinius to intervene and hold the censuis under his own authority, I'll just leave you in a merry lack of knowledge.

There were only 1 census held that year, not 2.

No where does it say coponius was responsible for the census.

Where did you get 2 censuses from?

Cite source(s), please, because it is not in the gospel, and it is not in the Antiquities of the Jews.

In Antiquities, it only say Augustus put Quirinius in charge of the census, because he is the senior governor in that whole area.

Because as far as I can tell, you are simply conjecturing and making things up. Provide sources.