• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Was a Druid?

Lain

Then I imagine I'm free to make up whatever fictional/historical account of Jesus I might fancy. :D

I seeing Jesus being born as a Celt, immigrating to Judah and attempting to convert the Jews to Druidry.
Plant a tree for Jesus. :cool:

jesus-tree-diana-chase.jpg

Separate from that account I think people should unironically plant trees for Jesus, because nature is really just one giant Temple in my view. On top of that trees are good for the Earth, provide cool in the horrific season of Summer, the experience is relatively cheap and can provide you pleasure for decades, and are generally beautiful. It's a win-win-win for everyone. Plant a tree for Jesus. Or yourself. Plant a tree!

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Jesus Christ could have come to Britain to further his education, according to a Scottish academic.

Church of Scotland minister Dr Gordon Strachan makes the claim in a new film entitled And Did Those Feet.

The film examines the story of Jesus’ supposed visit, which survives in the popular hymn Jerusalem.

Dr Strachan believes it is “plausible” Jesus came to England for his studies, as it was the forefront of learning 2,000 years ago.
Jesus and the Druids

Mr Harrison, a former BBC religious affairs correspondent, says Jesus may just have been a boy when he left the Middle East for England.
Was Jesus taught by the Druids of Glastonbury? New film claims it is possible he came to England | Daily Mail Online

Personally, can't say I see much connection in the gospel stories.
Jesus' family went to egypt because it was the cultural center of it's time. Alexandria had a library that was unrivaled anywhere else in the world.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Jesus Christ could have come to Britain to further his education, according to a Scottish academic.

Church of Scotland minister Dr Gordon Strachan makes the claim in a new film entitled And Did Those Feet.

The film examines the story of Jesus’ supposed visit, which survives in the popular hymn Jerusalem.

Dr Strachan believes it is “plausible” Jesus came to England for his studies, as it was the forefront of learning 2,000 years ago.
Jesus and the Druids

Mr Harrison, a former BBC religious affairs correspondent, says Jesus may just have been a boy when he left the Middle East for England.
Was Jesus taught by the Druids of Glastonbury? New film claims it is possible he came to England | Daily Mail Online

It's just another ridiculous claim like that Jesus went to India.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

Jesus and the Druids

I've heard a claim that Jesus went to the East and learned Buddhism or Hinduism or something.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Rome wrote the Jesus new testaments of the Christian Jewish movement old testament advice Jehovah.

Roman soldiers were living with their own Roman families in England.

The history Stonehenge was in fact a new theory of stopping the attacks in England by crop circle gains.

Life phenomena.

Rome was reported to from English assault about technology of pyramids.

Men of science thought that if they grounded the signals into the ground into water they would overcome atmospheric fallout.

As invention was the mother of New invention.

It did not work. It blew up killing incinerating humans who used to visit to marvel at the phenomena. Human behaviour still practiced today.

England hence paved the way as Knights Templar as the taught humans who sought non rebuilding in Jerusalem of life's sacrifice.

Man's occult Sciences.

In later days it became a known changed land point. Identified by humans affected by the earth's resonance in the area.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know why so many places want to claim Jesus. The liklihood of a poor Jew travelling to India or England is incredibly low. I think it also includes a lot of retrofitting of ideas to Jesus that he never had. The Christian writings make the most sense when seen from the Hellenised Jewish world that created them. I also don't personally see how Jesus was enlightened or such in any way; he just comes off as a regular politically disgruntled apocalyptic preacher to me, the likes of which could be found all over Judea.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The temple science cult using human family as slaves

Egypt.
India. East.

Both temple pyramid science use blew up.

India was first.
Egypt a reactive atmospheric cause.

Just as taught. Power plants blow up or melt down by atmospheric overheating producing huge storms.

Science reasoned nuclear was not safe earth had owned the reaction and by pressure stopping of attack.

Taught hence O one God was first

Science a choice was second. Basic advice.

Greedy men think for lifestyle not life continuance were already abusing murdering family to be slaves. To own technology practiced.

Evidence.

Was the spiritual family United teachings.

Therefore visionary life attack became O world irradiated in all nations. Who recorded the advice on the stone face.

Such as in Australia. The natives recorded what they saw in visions from Egypt. As Australia was not recorded as existing in Old maps.

Visionary advice came from atmospheric burning of ground mass

How China reflected its cities in cloud image as ground cooled. Huge storm activity.

All world communities owned a record that it did occur.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Jesus and the Druids

Why would anyone go to Britain to study Judaism in 30 CE?

And what studies? The only influences visible in his teachings appear to be Graeco-Roman.

Or are there Druidic teachings (as such) in the NT that I've failed to notice?

Gargovic Malkav

I have read a "lost chapter" of the Book of Acts in which Paul traveled to Britannia and met a few druids who claimed to be Jewish.

Never heard of the claim of Jesus being a druid and traveling to the British Isles before though.

Lain

Oh, okay. So why would a jobless do-nothing Galilean Jew go to Britain of all places? Too much time on his hands?

To align Stonehenge for... [enter rant which connects Jesus' visit to Britain to every conspiracy theory ever here]. And that's why Joe Biden is President right now.

GdLvvOC.png

Clara Tea

Jesus and the Druids

Jesus did travel in parts of Europe.

Jesus was Jewish, and Jews, in general, were supposed to remain Jewish. However, it appears that Jesus wanted to educate the masses to be "sort of" Jewish (that is, Christian) by teaching Jewish precepts. In order to entice more followers, Jesus removed a few restrictions....bris....diet (pig)...etc. Since Jesus was willing to "bend the rules" to admit non-Jews to the Jewish faith (thereby creating Christians), it is possible that Jesus was open to listening to other religions, as well. That is...he was not closed minded.

The Strachan proposal "speculates" that Jesus went to England and joined the Druid religion.

Lets take a look at who the Druids were, when they lived, and what happened to them, and when they disappeared.

Druid | Description, History, & Facts

Britannica (website above), says that Druids were a learned class of Celts (priests, teachers, judges). The earliest records were from the third century BC.

The Irish used to believe that they were Celts, too, but modern DNA has squelched that idea. Thus, the Boston Celtics sports team (composed of Irishmen of Boston) is not about Celts at all.

Caesar said that Druids refrained from war and paid no tribute (I assume once Rome invaded England around 43 AD). In 60 AD, Emperior Claudius had banned Druids. All records of Druids were destroyed (if found).

Druids burned criminals, but, lacking criminals, they would burn someone else. This doesn't sound like something that Jesus would practice...though we don't really know what he was like when he was young.

Druid - Wikipedia

According to the Wikipedia link (above), Druids seemed like sorcerers who opposed Christianity (source: Tain Bo Cualinge, a Christianized medieval Irish tale).

According to Wikipedia, Gallizenae were virgin priestesses from Ile de Sein, which is an island located in the Atlantic ocean beyond Spain. Men were not allowed on this island, so the women went to the mainland (Europe) to find mates. It is interesting to note that Atlantis, according to Pliny the Elder, was also located near there. Could it be that the Azore islands, which were torn apart by the mid-Atlantic rift, could have been these ancient islands?

Jesus and Druidry, Part 3

According to the website, above, Stain Columba (who lived from 521 to 597 AD) said that "My Druid is Christ." I have no idea what he meant by that except that the Druids were known to be highly educated, intelligent, and teachers. Does this mean that he said that Jesus (though dead) taught him, through the writings about Jesus, how to be a good Christian?

Jesus and Hesus

According to the tektonics website, above, the Celtic God, Hesus (sometimes spelled Esus, sometimes considered like a God of war) was crucified with a lamb on one side and an elephant on the other. Lets remember that Jesus is said to be the lamb of God.

Jesus had missing years in history, between the time he was 12 and 30 years of age. Many believe that he was a carpenter in Galilee during these years.

The missing years of Jesus

The website above says that there are many "ideas" about who Jesus met and learned from, but there is no solid proof. Some say that he stayed with Buddhists in the Himalayas, while still others say that he studied with the Japanese, fathered three daughters, and died at the age of 106. 20,000 people visit his grave in Japan each year.

I did not read the book that you mentioned, but I believe that we will find more questions than answers, and more speculation than facts.

Clara Tea

Separate from that account I think people should unironically plant trees for Jesus, because nature is really just one giant Temple in my view. On top of that trees are good for the Earth, provide cool in the horrific season of Summer, the experience is relatively cheap and can provide you pleasure for decades, and are generally beautiful. It's a win-win-win for everyone. Plant a tree for Jesus. Or yourself. Plant a tree!

I agree about planting trees as a tribute. The Christmas tradition, that seeks to honor Jesus, is about chopping down a beautiful living tree. Why not decorate any living tree?

I believe that Global Warming and pollution is an attack upon God and the beautiful nature that he created.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I don't know why so many places want to claim Jesus. The liklihood of a poor Jew travelling to India or England is incredibly low. I think it also includes a lot of retrofitting of ideas to Jesus that he never had. The Christian writings make the most sense when seen from the Hellenised Jewish world that created them. I also don't personally see how Jesus was enlightened or such in any way; he just comes off as a regular politically disgruntled apocalyptic preacher to me, the likes of which could be found all over Judea.

I think part of it is the desire to show that Christianity wasn't just an insular religious movement from one small part of the world, but more worldly, thus validating the belief system more. Otherwise, there's that stubborn problem of God being omniscient and omnipotent creating an eternal system of judgement for all humans but only providing the deets to one small part of the world.

It could also mean a stronger connection for Christian folk from Britain to these Middle Easterners whose religion they follow.

It's not dissimilar to how Indigenous people who are relocated from their traditional lands will recreate the mythological "landscape" in their new home, like associating a hill or boulder in a similar way to the features of their old home.