• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was a carpenter like me.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a good thing I don't believe in religion then. All I do is write and speak the words formed in my mind.

As long as those words don't denigrate others' religions and beliefs, it's all good.

2X4

Why are you "so glad" ?

I have a hard enough time with the English language let alone trying to learn another language. Besides, God doesn't need another language in-between Him and his servant. One conversion is enough.

2X4

As long as those words don't denigrate others' religions and beliefs, it's all good.

I can see that's a touchy subject for you so I'll make sure to respect your religion and beliefs. I only write or speak what's formed in my mind so if that becomes a problem for you, make sure you come to me and talk about it. Some people start gossiping instead and that can become a huge problem in a forum like this.

2X4

LOL, I was sleepy, "welcome aboard"
I'm from Jordan.

I have a friend from Jordan who left there some years ago and resides in the area I'm from. He's really a nice man who always has a beautiful smile each time I meet him.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I have a friend from Jordan who left there some years ago and resides in the area I'm from. He's really a nice man who always has a beautiful smile each time I meet him.

Was he a student or working?

2X4

Was he a student or working?

He is an older man who is working as a security guard to help ends meet. He should be retired but he enjoys going to work each day. It was always a joy to meet up with him because he was no nice and his smile was infectious.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
He is an older man who is working as a security guard to help ends meet. He should be retired but he enjoys going to work each day. It was always a joy to meet up with him because he was no nice and his smile was infectious.

no nice or so nice.:D

ajay0

I just read recently that the Sufis used to emphasize working with the hands as it helps to still the mind.

Reading the thread's name, it struck me that Jesus had an occupation which helped bring tranquility of the mind in itself.

2X4

I just read recently that the Sufis used to emphasize working with the hands as it helps to still the mind.

Reading the thread's name, it struck me that Jesus had an occupation which helped bring tranquility of the mind in itself.

Depending how much and what kind of intelligence you're given, you will do and say accordingly.

Jedster

Welcome 2X4
My grandfather was a carpenter and his name was Joseph, but none of his sons were.

2X4 here (UK) is read as 2 times 4, so some people may think your age is 8. :D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome 2X4
My grandfather was a carpenter and his name was Joseph, but none of his sons were.

I'm English and I read it as 2by4, so...:p

Jedster

I'm English and I read it as 2by4, so...:p
..Well, I grew up in an age where X meant times and we of this genereation know our 'times tables', no need for a calclator.
So na na nana na.....& :p back at ya..bat Noah from a ben David :)

2X4

Welcome 2X4

Or I could be the X between a couple and a foursome. Thanks for the kind welcome Jedster and a little laugh.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I love cake and anything sweet but my stomach doesn't always agree with me.

To me, because of your having a sometime disagreeable stomach, then you should like what Isaiah wrote that the time will come when No one will say, " I am sick......" - Isaiah 33:24
That coming ' time ' is Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when earth's nations will be blessed with the benefit of being ' healed ' according to Revelation 22:2.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
Hello,

I am a carpenter from California who is in love with the Lord. I hope to share that love with you all.

God bless,
2X4
Ah, California, the land of the fruits and the nuts. Must be quite difficult to be a biblical Christian in such an ultra-liberal area.

If you want some advice, I'd say tone it down with the meat and start off the gospel with baby milk.

Welcome to the forum!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Welcome aboard :D

Carpentry is an honorable job. It is sad that I don't see any locals practice it where I live :(