• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was a carpenter like me.

Onyx

Premium Member
Why are you so adamant about teaching me the rules of the forum? I don't care at all about rules but I'm a nice person who is not out to harm anyone. In fact, I love people a lot.

We try to follow rules here out of mutual respect. Please go away now, thank you.

2X4

Welcome welcome. Like others have said, just try to stay respectful and within the rules and I see no reason that you can't find your place here!

What is the problem in this forum? Do the moderators control your lives in here? Did you know there's more to the world than a forum like this?

roger1440

I do stuff
Hello,

I am a carpenter from California who is in love with the Lord. I hope to share that love with you all.

God bless,
2X4
Since you are a carpenter like Jesus have you thought about going into another line of work?

2X4

Since you are a carpenter like Jesus have you thought about going into another line of work?

I'm retired from carpentry and house building but that's what I did for the last 15 years after doing concrete work for several years. I preach the gospel of God now.

roger1440

I do stuff
I'm retired from carpentry and house building but that's what I did for the last 15 years after doing concrete work for several years. I preach the gospel of God now.
what makes you think Jesus was a carpenter?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the problem in this forum? Do the moderators control your lives in here? Did you know there's more to the world than a forum like this?

The only problems are those that someone brings with them. The biggest one is "my religion is right, yours is wrong".

Because religious beliefs, or the lack thereof, are deeply personal, unlike many internet forums, RF has a stated mission:

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

roger1440

I do stuff
It's something I learned in Sunday School when I was a young boy. Now I don't believe so much in the physical realm as I do in the invisible realm.
If Jesus was a carpenter he probably didn’t find much work. Most buildings at that time were made of stone. More than likely Jesus was a stone mason. Our English Bibles use the word carpenter. In the Greek language the word tektōn (τέκτων) is used. It would be translated into English as technician. This would have been a wide umbrella term to cover all sorts of artisans (carpenters, masons, blacksmiths, etc)

2X4

The only problems are those that someone brings with them. The biggest one is "my religion is right, yours is wrong".

Because religious beliefs, or the lack thereof, are deeply personal, unlike many internet forums, RF has a stated mission:

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

It's a good thing I don't believe in religion then. All I do is write and speak the words formed in my mind.

2X4

If Jesus was a carpenter he probably didn’t find much work. Most buildings at that time were made of stone. More than likely Jesus was a stone mason. Our English Bibles use the word carpenter. In the Greek language the word tektōn (τέκτων) is used. It would be translated into English as technician. This would have been a wide umbrella term to cover all sorts of artisans (carpenters, masons, blacksmiths, etc)

I'm so glad God didn't have me start using another language besides English before He had me start testifying to the knowledge of Christ. I can't even learn Spanish and my wife's native tongue is Spanish.

roger1440

I do stuff
I'm so glad God didn't have me start using another language besides English before He had me start testifying to the knowledge of Christ. I can't even learn Spanish and my wife's native tongue is Spanish.
Why are you "so glad" ?

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Absolutely, of course there is more than RF, but this is a friendly sentiment given to most new people. The sentiment is that we're a little different than some other forums, but it's still a wonderful place. We require that people be friendly and open and respectful of one another, and the sentiment is that as long as you know we run a little differently than other religious sites, you will have a great time, maybe even make some friends!