• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus vs. Nietzsche

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Rather, I've pointed to literal, specific prophecies indicating the Jewish diaspora ended precisely when the Bible predicted.
It only seems to have done that because you made it so that. That's the fun thing about math gymnastics. You can take any set of numbers and make them come out exactly as you want, or need in this case. But that doesn't mean it has any significance or weight.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe I do.

Then you can take over the argument.
I thought the debate between Jesus and Nietzsche would be interesting. Unfortunately I suspect interest in the thread may have die off a bit.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
A million monkeys with typewriters...

Every week hundreds of people all over the world pick the winning lottery numbers against huge odds !

Miracle !

There aren't a million prophecies about the diaspora length, only two, that equal May 1948!

There aren't a million religious texts, only about 12 religions have texts, only the Bible contains fulfilled prophecy.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
It only seems to have done that because you made it so that. That's the fun thing about math gymnastics. You can take any set of numbers and make them come out exactly as you want, or need in this case. But that doesn't mean it has any significance or weight.

You are not making sense. One prophecy gives the diaspora length in years, the other literally says, "I will multiply the diaspora punishment times 7". That's literally what it says in Hebrew. Years times 7 from beginning of diaspora to 1948 CE.

You CAN make an argument that the Bible author is prescient but not God, or that God got lucky. But your "2+2 is unequal to 4 and you just say it's 4" argument is not a logical argument.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You are not making sense. One prophecy gives the diaspora length in years, the other literally says, "I will multiply the diaspora punishment times 7". That's literally what it says in Hebrew. Years times 7 from beginning of diaspora to 1948 CE.

You CAN make an argument that the Bible author is prescient but not God, or that God got lucky. But your "2+2 is unequal to 4 and you just say it's 4" argument is not a logical argument.
What im saying is that literally you can take any given set of numbers and set up a math problem and produce a solution of any number you want.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What im saying is that literally you can take any given set of numbers and set up a math problem and produce a solution of any number you want.

No, you cannot.

The Bible prophesied the date of diaspora, recorded in history outside the Bible, by the way. Then it prophesied the length of the diaspora, which came true, X years times 7.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, you cannot.
Yes, you can. And it's easy if you paid attention to your math classes. Like I mentioned earlier, the movie The Number 23, it's a corny idea that people seeing a set of numbers and making them equal 23 and going mad is dumb, because everyone can do it with pretty much any given set of numbers. Seriously, play around with your birthdate, social security number, winning lottery numbers, you can set them into a math problem that equals 23. It's no different than what you're doing, and no different than those who tried it and failed before you.
And that's way before we even get to asking why the Bible would hide it instead of making it very cryptic if god really loves us and wants us to go to him.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Yes, you can. And it's easy if you paid attention to your math classes. Like I mentioned earlier, the movie The Number 23, it's a corny idea that people seeing a set of numbers and making them equal 23 and going mad is dumb, because everyone can do it with pretty much any given set of numbers. Seriously, play around with your birthdate, social security number, winning lottery numbers, you can set them into a math problem that equals 23. It's no different than what you're doing, and no different than those who tried it and failed before you.
And that's way before we even get to asking why the Bible would hide it instead of making it very cryptic if god really loves us and wants us to go to him.

Is that what happened? "Playing with sets of numbers?"

You know the Bible says I will MULTIPLY your punishment TIMES 7?

The Bible hides certain things from atheists, yes, but this is a logical move.

OldTimeNESter

Nietzsche was intensely shy and lacking in the kind of self-confidence that leads to a good debate. He was sickly and lived primarily through his writings.