• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus used dark energy to walk on water

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
There is a difference between wild speculation, and speculation.

Does it really matter?

Yes, it does matter. Understanding how the cosmos operates
is quite essential to thriving therein.

But also, there is just so much academic noise around both the concepts
of dark energy and dark matter; and I reckon I am closer than anyone else as
regards dark energy. Whereas dark matter I have clearly understood,
but it is far less interesting or useful than dark energy.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
You have absolutely no idea what Dark matter is or what Dark energy is. I should stick to the mystic christianity if I was you.

The concept dark matter comes about due to gravitational lensing: (can google this)
That there appears to be more matter in the universe than was previously theorized.
Previous theories were statistical based on the assumption that the amount of matter
in a celestial structure could be determined by the amount of light that was emitted.

These statistics were inferred from the amount of matter in our solar system that
corresponded to the amount of light the sun emitted. So 'dark matter' is not a special
type of matter, it is just matter that does not give off light that had previously not been
catered for. So dark matter is just matter that cannot be seen; over and above the
ratio of planetary mass to solar mass.

Perhaps you disagree? Can you summarize you own conception in your own word?

And this IS mystical Christianity. I shall follow your sage advice in that regard.
;-j