• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus the pagan g-d

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Seems as if many don't know that, yes,

'Jesus', is a pagan god.

Spelling variations, however since

Iesous, Iesoun, so forth, those are variations of the biblical name, as well.

Its a celtic pagan god, generally noted as such

Remté

That is going to vary. However when someone tells me that jesus isn't a pagan g-d, then that is false.

What do you make of it?
Nothing. I was disappointed. I wish I could find it to be of some use.

Never heard anyone call jesus a pagan god but it doesn't have to be wrong to use the word pagan - the word God is wrong. First you have to define pagan, yes? The word has had many meanings in history.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Nothing. I was disappointed. I wish I could find it to be of some use.

Never heard anyone call jesus a pagan god but it doesn't have to be wrong to use the word pagan - the word God is wrong. First you have to define pagan, yes? The word has had many meanings in history.
No, Jesus is actually a pagan g-d. If you want to provide a definition for the word pagan, I'm sure that there are some, you could cite.

Why is the name you wrote, 'wrong', by the way?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Esus has nothing to do with Esus/Iesous/Jesus? That is pretty abstract.

Speaking of which, there is another spelling of the name, however it correlates, language wise.
The spelling of the name doesn't matter. Jesus is a Latinization of the Hebrew name Yeshua (Joshua). Semitic and Indo-European are separate language families so even if words look similar, that does not mean they're related. They just don't have anything to do with each other.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The spelling of the name doesn't matter. Jesus is a Latinization of the Hebrew name Yeshua (Joshua). Semitic and Indo-European are separate language families so even if words look similar, that does not mean they're related. They just don't have anything to do with each other.
Again, 'Jesus', is a Celtic pagan g-d, or variant spelling, and from a main, reputable source, so, not sure, even if your argument is correct, that would make "jesus not a pagan g-d".

How about I go with my source, and you can argue variables of some sort, concerning how Joshua bacame Jesus. Because I don't notice the connection between my premise, and what you are arguing.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Again, 'Jesus', is a Celtic pagan g-d, or variant spelling, and from a main, reputable source, so, not sure, even if your argument is correct, that would make "jesus not a pagan g-d".

How about I go with my source, and you can argue variables of some sort, concerning how Joshua bacame Jesus. Because I don't notice the connection between my premise, and what you are arguing.
What "main, reputable source" are you talking about???

The Christian Jesus has nothing to do with: Esus - Wikipedia

I don't understand why or how you're trying to make connections to something that it isn't there. Aren't you a Christian? If so, why do you care about an obscure Gaulish deity?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What "main, reputable source" are you talking about???

The Christian Jesus has nothing to do with: Esus - Wikipedia

I don't understand why or how you're trying to make connections to something that it isn't there. Aren't you a Christian? If so, why do you care about an obscure Gaulish deity?
Aside from the fact that you are theorizing that the pagan g-d has no connection to the new testament Jesus, I didn't make any connection, between, the new testament Jesus, and the pagan g-d.

That would or could be a different discussion, and your 'absolute statement' doesn't even follow how traditional Biblical belief would approach that subject, in the first place.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Aside from the fact that you are theorizing that the pagan g-d has no connection to the new testament Jesus, I didn't make any connection, between, the new testament Jesus, and the pagan g-d.

That would or could be a different discussion, and your 'absolute statement' doesn't even follow how traditional Biblical belief would approach that subject, in the first place.
You are the one who brought up the Celtic god in your OP.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You are the one who brought up the Celtic god in your OP.
Right, I read about the pagan g-d years ago, you seem to be implying that I shouldn't know that stuff, or something.

Actually, it was probably the pagan g-d that got me interested in reading about the Jesus in the new testament.

You seem biased about subjects that seem to 'challenge a certain faith, or such. If you know so much about Xianity, why do you only argue certain things. There are far important things than this, it seems, like actual theological debates.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Right, I read about the pagan g-d years ago, you seem to be implying that I shouldn't know that stuff, or something.

Actually, it was probably the pagan g-d that got me interested in reading about the Jesus in the new testament.

You seem biased about subjects that seem to 'challenge a certain faith, or such. If you know so much about Xianity, why do you only argue certain things. There are far important things than this, it seems, like actual theological debates.
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who mentioned the Celtic god and said Jesus was a Pagan god. I was just saying that Jesus has nothing to do with the Celtic deity. Now you're going off on unrelated tangents.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who mentioned the Celtic god and said Jesus was a Pagan god. I was just saying that Jesus has nothing to do with the Celtic deity. Now you're going off on unrelated tangents.
Saying that the pagan g-d has nothing to do with the Biblical Jesus, isn't how one would approach that subject, in a traditional Biblical belief manner.

In other words, you are talking about "other religions" it isn't even what you have listed as your religion, and you have no idea what you're talking about.