• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus tells us "Being Gay is Okay" IMHO

Being Gay is Okay

• Gay NOT Okay

• Gay IS Okay

• Gay IS Okay [if no sex]

• Straight NOT Okay

• Straight IS Okay

• Straight IS Okay [if no sex; unless for kids]

• Marriage is MUST

• Marriage is FREE

• Masturbation NOT Okay

• Masturbation IS Okay

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Disclaimer: The below is my own personal concoction. Do not believe blind. Better follow your conscience.

I saw this other thread, and it pained me to see that some religious persons had the audacity to impose onto others [without using IMHO] Bible verses claiming "being gay is not okay", thereby imposing guilt feeling on them. This is for me also personal, so I became very enthusiastic to find the perfect Bible verses where we are told "Being Gay is Okay". Was actually less a challenge than I expected. But fun it was. Everyone is free to create a believe. So am I [as done below]

"Freedom of Religion". Are Christians superior Religion: Bible is best for all humans?

Rule 1: Just an intro to educate some people who think they can impose their way on others
All were given this life, and all are free to do as they please [without hurting others. Let no one tell you something else; that gives you real inner power]

Rule 2: Just an intro to educate some people who forgot RF rules:
Nobody has the right to judge you as a person (soul Ad Hominem attack is the worst attack). esp. RF members can not do this; it's 1 of the RF rules they
MUST obey; Christians MUST obey;) this rule too, even if they don't like (freedom of religion is overruled here on RF):D:D]. I read the rules like 3 times, and this one was clearly mentioned; if my english reading skills are good enough:rolleyes:. And as for your actions, if you harm none actively you are in the clear here also [this is all virtual, so all should understand this, if they have not their brains F**** out (if you delight to report me again, better double-check, this I have covered:p).

Ad Hominem attack used in our advantage:"That what does not kill you makes you stronger". Good motivator:

Jesus tells us "Being Gay is Okay":
1: Love God above all
2: Love thy neighbor as thyself
3: Loves Unconditional is what God does
4: Love is the Highest Commandment

"All you need is Love"
1+2: are the major Commandments. As per definition this means all others verses can be trashed if opposing these.

"Love thy neighbor"
2: Just Love, not specified as man or woman or....
2: "As thyself". This proves that for a female, the female option is recommended [as thyself]:D:D. Easy one.

"God loves Unconditional"
3: Can be used as icing on the cake. Some Christians debate that. I remind them that maybe it is wise to stop "think they know what God thinks,esp. for others" [called blasphemy; death reward in Bible as far as I know]

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
5: So now the hot item, the sex act. It can easily be proven that homosexuality is advised by Jesus: I do not know, nor want to know, what you do to yourself. But obviously you can use this verse to go all the way without feeling any guilt. And if Jesus has a problem here, he better get back on Earth to update his sexware. And better be good, because I love to find loopholes; just for fun of course.:cool:

And if certain RF members try to debate this one, just start easy on them "do you follow genesis 1:29" [90% don't and hate it]. If they try to refute that one, then you UP the game "how come you still have 2 eyes". I clearly read in your msg you were very bad in the past. So if you take your eyes out, then we talk again. I can guarantee you that with 99.9% certainty, so almost scientifically proven, he will bent his head in shame and start praying to Jesus for forgiveness judging you [if he has some decency left].:D:rolleyes:

I prefer just a few verses. Keeps my mind calm and clear.

Remember this is "Self inflicted" guilt feeling. We allow others under our skin, we can stop others also IMHO.

May God Bless us All the same [LGBTQXN]

Last edited:

stvdv

What is even more disturbing is that perfectly normal people feel forced defend who they Love.
This is terrible, that some people force others into this kind of thinking. All using Bible etc.
Be ashamed you people who do this. You have no right to emotional blackmailing people

Edited:
I do not have sex at all nor do I masturbate nor do I eat meat. But above all I DO NOT JUDGE others who do these things.

If someone makes an "Ad Hominem Attack", meaning attacking the person, and let's be honest, if you Love someone and get cursed for that is IMHO the "Worst Ad Hominem Attack" possible on Earth, then I will defend that person. And I will even study the Bible to prove, using Bible verses, that it's easy to prove these attacked persons are okay in the eyes of God and Jesus.

Attack me, I am fine. Do not attack my brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I have no attraction to men whatsoever, but had a gay man take me off the streets and live at his yacht.

He was Christian, would talk about God and the holy Spirit, would tell me to not use the Lord's name in vain, and had a heart of gold.

He was a better Christian than most Christians imo:thumbsup:

Earthling

David Henson
Let's say I decided to start a new religion, and one of the most repulsive things I could imagine was sacrificing children to fire. It's something my ancestors used to do and recently it's revival has been very popular, so someone tells everyone I said it was OK to sacrifice children to fire. To burn them to death. Their exact words were, "IMHO Rothschild thinks its okay."

You see what I'm getting at? A Bible believer doesn't say IMHO Jesus was cool with homosexuality, because MHO don't mean squat.

Personally, as a homosexual person, I think homosexuality is okay. But I'm not interested in doing things my way, I'm interested in doing things Jehovah's way, the best I can. That's the religious freedom you were talking about. And IMHO as well as Jehovah's, you should have that religious freedom as well as I do.

But when you start telling people that homosexuality is okay with Jesus, or that his modern day followers should be okay with it you are essentially trying to take away our religious freedom. Does that make sense?

Earthling

David Henson
Uh, no, it doesn't make sense.

Is that in your humble opinion?

OK If I put an add in the paper for an assistant that read "vegetarians only" would you apply if you wanted a job as an assistant and you weren't a vegetarian?

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, in point of fact there is no mention of homosexuality or same-sex acts in the canonical gospels or in any other early Jesus traditions.

The verdict is unanimous that he apparently never saw any need to discuss it at all, despite the fact that Jewish texts of his day refer to it frequently and that same-sex relationships (i.e. albeit usually in the form of pederasty or male prostitution and sex trafficking, although sometimes in marriage-like relationships too) were common throughout the Roman Empire at the time.

Jesus's silence is potentially revealing, as is the silence of the gospel writers on this as well. And the obsession and ire of some fundamentalist Christians with homosexuality, is therefore odd and unfortunate given the absence of any references to it by Jesus.

That said, some scholars are of the opinion that the centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant, might have been the young man's lover.

They argue - in tandem with possible linguistic evidence - that the centurion's apparent deep concern arose because that slave was his male lover. Ostensibly, the soldier's weeping and ardent concern for the welfare of his slave is touching and surprising in equal measure, given the general cruelty and inhumanity of the Roman system of servitude.

Homosexual relationships, after all, were commonplace in the Greco-Roman world, especially between masters and servants. And the centurion demonstrates a genuine and moving love for his sick servant-boy, which appears to go beyond his mere utility to him as a worker.

If this couple were gay, then Jesus never bothered and showed them both great affection in their time of need. Indeed he praises the centurion for his faith. See:

Healing the centurion's servant - Wikipedia

Healing the centurion's servant is one of the miracles said to have been performed by Jesus of Nazareth as related in the Gospels of Matthew[1] and Luke. The story is not recounted by either John or Mark.[2]

According to these accounts, a Roman centurion asked Jesus for his help because his boy servant was ill. Jesus offered to go to the centurion's house to perform a healing, but the centurion demurred and suggested that Jesus' word of authority from where he was at that moment would be sufficient. Impressed, Jesus commented approvingly of the strong religious faith displayed by the soldier and granted the request, which resulted in the servant being healed the same day.

Homo-erotic connotations

According to James Neill, the Greek term "pais" used for the servant in Matthew's account almost always had a sexual connotation.[9] In support of this view, he remarks that the word pais, along with the word "erasthai" (to love) is the root of the English word "pederasty".[9]

He sees in the fact that, in Luke's parallel account, the centurion's servant is described as "valued highly"[10] by the centurion an indication of a homosexual relationship between the two...Daniel A. Helminiak agrees that the word pais could have a sexual meaning.[11]

Theodore W. Jennings Jr. and Tat-Siong Benny Liew further write that Roman historical data about patron-client relationships and about same-sex relations among soldiers support the view that the pais in Matthew's account is the centurion's "boy-lover", and that the centurion therefore did not want Jesus to enter his house for fear perhaps that the boy would be enamoured of Jesus instead. D.B. Saddington writes that while he does not exclude the possibility, the evidence the two put forward supports "neither of these interpretations".[12]

Homosexuality in the New Testament - Wikipedia

Horner[51] and Daniel A. Helminiak[52] both suggest a homosexual theme to this text. Helminiak argues that this is implied by the broader context of the narrative suggesting an unusual level of concern about the servant, whereas Horner suggests that use of the term "valued highly" implies a sexual relationship. Horner goes on to argue that, as Jesus commended the centurion for his faith (Matthew 8:10; Luke 7:9), it shows that Jesus approved of their relationship, otherwise he would have condemned him.

However, a contrasting viewpoint is that the term “highly valued” (Greek ἔντιμος, entimos)[53] simply suggests a genuine care for the person or, more archaically, that the centurion was fond of this slave,[54] and that the term entimos has no hint of sexual content in any of its various appearances in the Bible.[55] Jay Michaelson argues that the term pais is actually mistranslated as servant when its true meaning is lover.[56]

Other biblical scholars dismiss any suggestions of a homosexual theme as deliberately distorted interpretations of the text.[57][58] Marston argues that Jesus would not have condoned any homosexual relationship, in line with the weight of other scriptural evidence, while Chapman suggests that even if the relationship had been homosexual, his lack of condemnation does not necessarily equate to his approval of them.[59]

See also:

Encyclopedia of Homosexuality

This may therefore be the only episode involving homosexuals in the life of Jesus but if it is, then their homosexuality is deemed irrelevant to the story. But we can't say for sure whether it was or wasn't. Otherwise, homosexuality was never discussed by Jesus - although homosexual sex was by St. Paul in Romans.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
Is that in your humble opinion?

OK If I put an add in the paper for an assistant that read "vegetarians only" would you apply if you wanted a job as an assistant and you weren't a vegetarian?

Legitimately curious how this hypothetical is going to equate to "someone said something about Jesus and now my freedom of religion has been suppressed," so I'll bite.

If I saw an ad for an assistant job "vegetarians only" and there was something about this job I desired it in the first place, then yes I would apply and eat salads right in front of my employer. I wouldn't any conflict about misrepresenting my dietary habits to my potential employer.

Earthling

David Henson
Legitimately curious how this hypothetical is going to equate to "someone said something about Jesus and now my freedom of religion has been suppressed," so I'll bite.

If I saw an ad for an assistant job "vegetarians only" and there was something about this job I desired it in the first place, then yes I would apply and eat salads right in front of my employer. I wouldn't any conflict about misrepresenting my dietary habits to my potential employer.

So, then, you either became a vegetarian or you were fired when your boss found out you were faking it.

stvdv

1): You asked me to prove using Jesus words that homosexuality is okay. So I did. Now you meow. Does that make any sense?

2): Most disturbing though "you compare `Gay Love` to `RothChild repulsive killing Child`". How you think Gay would feel. Or Jesus for that matter?

3): I get you. You don't get it. Religious Freedom = "Free to Pray". It means NOT "Free to Impose yours on me" [then I am not free, capito?]

I have to elaborate here. This is a Christian thingy. They impose their way on me. I say STOP. They continue, called "proselytizing". STOP did not work. Then I teach them a lesson. You make your interpretation of the Bible. I make mine. And you can not prove it wrong, because it is right. Sometimes it just happens that you can interpret verses in 2 ways, and both are correct. Joke of Jesus I guess.

Now you, who try to take away my Religious Freedom, by "emotional blackmailing" making me feel guilty, complain I take yours away. Untrue.
[Same as man unasked kisses girl. Girl angry. Man says "kissing is free as far as I know"] !!! STOP = STOP, whether Christian/Bible/Jesus or even God objects or not]
[Sometimes, you know, God is testing humans. Jesus knew all about it, so do I. Most Christians don't. The danger of following Bible blind. God gave conscience]

Let's say I decided to start a new religion, and one of the most repulsive things I could imagine was sacrificing children to fire

To burn them to death. Their exact words were, "IMHO Rothschild thinks its okay

You see what I'm getting at? A Bible believer doesn't say IMHO Jesus was cool with homosexuality, because MHO don't mean squat.

Personally, as a homosexual person, I think homosexuality is okay

But I'm not interested in doing things my way,

I'm interested in doing things Jehovah's way,

That's the religious freedom you were talking about. And IMHO as well as Jehovah's, you should have that religious freedom as well as I do

But when you start telling people that homosexuality is okay with Jesus

that his modern day followers should be okay with it you are essentially trying to take away our religious freedom. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
So, then, you either became a vegetarian or you were fired when your boss found out you were faking it.

Okay. And that relates to how me saying "Jesus has no problem with no homosexuality" infringing on your religious freedom, how exactly? Like, your not anyone's boss. There is no authority on who gets to read the Bible and take away whatever they want from it so...

stvdv

I have no attraction to men whatsoever, but had a gay man take me off the streets and live at his yacht.
He was Christian, would talk about God and the holy Spirit, would tell me to not use the Lord's name in vain, and had a heart of gold.
He was a better Christian than most Christians imo:thumbsup:

@PopeADope
I'm curious. If this man in your example offered you to sleep in his "cardboard box" sharing his dry bread/water + GodTalk/GoldHeart, same verdict, yes?

For many years I prayed to Jesus "Please show me one Christian who does not judge other religions, nor makes "Ad Hominem Attacks" on others.
I think you are the man I prayed for. Took Jesus over 4 years. Oh My God. Next time I better speak to the "Big Boss" Himself again. This took too long.

Once I was in India. And to not create jealousy [many poor people over there] I used to dress very casual. One day a beggar came to me and offered me some bread. That was so touching. He had almost nothing and was willing to share with me thinking I was hungry [I was/am actually more skinny than begger, being 10 kg underweight, so his thought was not that surprisingly, but touching nevertheless]. So maybe at that time I was overdoing "my dress code" a bit. Anyway some time later my guru appeared in my dream telling "if you don't dress better, I send a very clean lady to you".

The beggar should have been enough of a warning sign. Guru always sends others first, when not listening He comes Himself; which I prefer, hence I prefer to wait;). But my guru knows how to convince me "Sending a very clean lady", oh my God, that never. Then better change my outfit. So I did.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@PopeADope
I'm curious. If this man in your example offered you to sleep in his "cardboard box" sharing his dry bread/water + GodTalk/GoldHeart, same verdict, yes?

For many years I prayed to Jesus "Please show me one Christian who does not judge other religions, nor makes "Ad Hominem Attacks" on others.
I think you are the man I prayed for. Took Jesus over 4 years. Oh My God. Next time I better speak to the "Big Boss" Himself again. This took too long.

Once I was in India. And to not create jealousy [many poor people over there] I used to dress very casual. One day a beggar came to me and offered me some bread. That was so touching. He had almost nothing and was willing to share with me thinking I was hungry [I was/am actually more skinny than begger, being 10 kg underweight, so his thought was not that surprisingly, but touching nevertheless]. So maybe at that time I was overdoing "my dress code" a bit. Anyway some time later my guru appeared in my dream telling "if you don't dress better, I send a very clean lady to you".

The beggar should have been enough of a warning sign. Guru always sends others first, when not listening He comes Himself; which I prefer, hence I prefer to wait;). But my guru knows how to convince me "Sending a very clean lady", oh my God, that never. Then better change my outfit. So I did.
If someone has a heart of gold, a cardboard box is okay...but I'm a weak creature in many ways, and haven't learned how to embrace certain forms of suffering... I can handle getting beaten, stabbed, or shot, because there is an adrenaline rush there... I can handle dangerous animals because of the adrenaline rush...

But really extreme forms of poverty can drive me crazy, because I've been homeless, and been super hungry, licking popcorn butter off the paper of a bag, eating food off the sidewalk or from the trash, eating leftovers some one left on their plate in a restaurant, and im just not strong enough for it... I start to go psychotic from it.

But I'm glad to hear that you see me as a possible answer to your prayers! ((Hugsss)) :glomp:

Earthling

David Henson
1): You asked me to prove using Jesus words that homosexuality is okay. So I did. Now you meow. Does that make any sense?

Well, I uh . . . what?! You didn't use Jesus' words, you used yours. Jesus was sent by his Father who made it clear that homosexuality was a detestable thing. Homosexuality is fornication (Mark 7:21-23 , Revelation 1:1; Revelation 2:14 Revelation 2:20) Leviticus 18:22 is God's word. What did Jesus say about God's word? John 17:17. Jesus was against homosexuality. Not homosexuals. Homosexuality. (1 Corinthians 6:11)

2): Most disturbing though "you compare `Gay Love` to `RothChild repulsive killing Child`". How you think Gay would feel. Or Jesus for that matter?

That's right. Child killing. If the Bible says that homosexuality is detestable and you convince just 1 of God's children that it isn't you may have cost that child of God eternal life in paradise.

3): I get you. You don't get it. Religious Freedom = "Free to Pray". It means NOT "Free to Impose yours on me" [then I am not free, capito?

But I'm not the one imposing, you are.

I have to elaborate here. This is a Christian thingy. They impose their way on me. I say STOP. They continue, called "proselytizing". STOP did not work. Then I teach them a lesson. You make your interpretation of the Bible. I make mine. And you can not prove it wrong, because it is right. Sometimes it just happens that you can interpret verses in 2 ways, and both are correct. Joke of Jesus I guess.

Now you, who try to take away my Religious Freedom, by emotional blackmailing making me feel guilty, start complaining I take yours away. Makes no sense at all.

You can't be a Christian if you practice homosexuality. If your not a Christian you don't need to worry about it. The Christians aren't telling you that you shouldn't be gay, or at least, they shouldn't be telling you that, it's none of their business, they are only saying that you can't be a Christian while engaging in homosexual lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthling

David Henson
Okay. And that relates to how me saying "Jesus has no problem with no homosexuality" infringing on your religious freedom, how exactly? Like, your not anyone's boss. There is no authority on who gets to read the Bible and take away whatever they want from it so...

The Bible is clear on the subject. My example indicates that the boss has the right to make the rules, and the applicant can either conform to those rules or risk the consequence.

stvdv

If someone has a heart of gold, a cardboard box is okay...but I'm a weak creature in many ways, and haven't learned how to embrace certain forms of suffering... I can handle getting beaten, stabbed, or shot, because there is an adrenaline rush there... I can handle dangerous animals because of the adrenaline rush...

But really extreme forms of poverty can drive me crazy, because I've been homeless, and been super hungry, licking popcorn butter off the paper of a bag, eating food off the sidewalk or from the trash, eating leftovers some one left on their plate in a restaurant, and im just not strong enough for it... I start to go psychotic from it.

But I'm glad to hear that you see me as a possible answer to your prayers! ((Hugsss)) :glomp:
Wow you come from point Zero. Congratulations. I should have said "If Jesus invited you in his manger for some bread and wine, you would be fine":cool:

@PopeADope: And I believe Jesus did already. We now just have to hang on to Him.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Wow you come from point Zero. Congratulations. I should have said "If Jesus invited you in his manger for some bread and wine, you would be fine":cool:
Oh... well... absolutely! It would be an honor!

Jesus, most successful of men, was born in a barn. Lol! Total poverty! :thumbsup:. How bad could poverty really be! ;)

stvdv

Well, I uh . . . what?! You didn't use Jesus' words, you used yours
I used the 2 Commandments from the Bible. And I used "Do unto others what you want them to do unto you". Quite Biblical I would say.
You use different quotes from the Bible. Of course I don't use the same as you. As Christians also do, they take the ones they can handle.

stvdv

If the Bible says that homosexuality is detestable and you convince just 1 of God's children that it isn't you may have cost that child of God eternal life in paradise.
No now you have it wrong. You did not read my Disclaimer. And you did not read the OP correct. And you fail to notice my frequent IMHO, I believe