• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Shares His Passion with His Church

Steven Merten

Divine Mercy in My Soul, 1053, March 25,1937.
Holy Thursday. During Holy Mass, I saw the Lord, who said to me, Lean on My breast and rest. The Lord pressed me to His Heart and said, I shall give you a small portion of My Passion, but do not be afraid, be brave, do not seek relief, but accept everything with submission to My will.

1054 When Jesus was taking leave of me, such great pain filled my soul that it was impossible to express it. Physical strength left me; I left the chapel quickly and went to bed. I was oblivious of what was going on around me. My soul was filled with longing for the Lord, and all the bitterness of His Divine Heart was imparted to me. This lasted for about three hours. I asked the Lord to protect me from the eyes of those around me. Although I wanted to, I could not take any food all day, until evening. I earnestly desired to spend the whole night with Jesus in the dark prison cell. I prayed until eleven o’clock. At eleven, the Lord said to me, Lie down and take your rest. I have let you experience in three hours what I suffered during the whole night.

A portion from the "Third Secret of Fatima".
having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed
by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
Quoted from:Vatican: Third Secret of Fatima

Mark 10:35
Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him and said to him, "Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you." He replied, "What do you wish (me) to do for you?" They answered him, "Grant that in your glory we may sit one at your right and the other at your left." Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?" They said to him, "We can." Jesus said to them, "The cup that I drink, you will drink, and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized; but to sit at my right or at my left is not mine to give but is for those for whom it has been prepared."

Last edited:

Steven Merten

John 15:10
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.“I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.
Jesus giving others a share in His Passion, is actually a great gift. Love for God and love for fellow man is the greatest of all treasures, and these spiritual treasures of love, are attained on free willed earth. Jesus tells us that laying down one's life for others, is the greatest of all gifts of love for God and fellow man. In heaven, saints cannot choose to lay down their life for God and fellow man, out of love for God and fellow man, but those who did so on free willed earth, will eternally possess such gifts of love for God and fellow man. Sharing in the pain and suffering of Jesus' Passion, is loving one's neighbor as Jesus has loved us, through His greatest gift of love in His Passion. Jesus, willing St. Faustina, along with clergy and lay martyrs of the Apocalypse, to share in the pain and suffering of His Passion, is a actually a great gift, of sharing in extreme, ultimate, love for Jesus, the Father, and fellow man, through obedience to God.

Divine Mercy in My Soul, 1053, March 25,1937.
I shall give you a small portion of My Passion, but do not be afraid, be brave, do not seek relief, but accept everything with submission to My will.

A portion from the "Third Secret of Fatima".
having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed
by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
Quoted from:Vatican: Third Secret of Fatima

Last edited:

Steven Merten

Jacinta Marto, youngest non-martyr saint
by Corazon Damo-Santiago

(St. Jacinta died at 9 years old)

The vision of hell changed playful Jacinta into a prayerful child. She made a resolve to save as many souls from going to hell by living a life pleasing to God, acts of sufferings and mortifications….

...Despite her happy disposition, so determined was she to save souls from the fires of hell. She seized all opportunities to suffer and redeem souls.

She would go thirsty under the burning heat of the sun, drink foul water, offer her share of luscious grapes to poor children, skip meals and go hungry, give up her desire for figs, tie sheep ropes around her arm, encircle her waist tightly with ropes at night and pray rosaries with Francisco and Lucia...

...When asked by the Lady if she was willing to suffer more, she said yes. Since then, she never allowed “one moment of suffering go to waste. One twinge of pain was of more value to her than all the gold in the world,” wrote John de Marchi, IMC, in the True Story of Fatima...

Once, only a moan was heard, and she whispered: “Now you can convert many sinners, for I suffer a great deal my Jesus.

On September 12, 1935, the bishop of Leiria commanded that the body be transferred to the cemetery to be placed together with her brother Francisco. Jacinta’s body was found uncorrupted.

On May 13, 2017, the first Centennial celebration of the Miracle in Fatima, she was canonized by Pope Francis.

Quoted from: Jacinta Marto, youngest non-martyr saint

The Whole Truth About Fatima

By Frere Michel de la Sainte Trinite
Immaculate Heart Publications, Buffalo, New York​

Apparitions of Fatima, July 13,1917, The Blessed Mother
Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say many times, especially when you make some sacrifice: O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”

“This Instrument...Caused Us Terrible Suffering”
Some days later, as we were walking along the road with our sheep, I found a piece of rope that had fallen off a cart. I picked it up and, just for fun, I tied it round my arm. Before long, I noticed that the rope was hurting me.
“Look, this hurts!” I said to my cousins. “We could tie it around our waists and offer it as a sacrifice to God.”
The poor children promptly fell in with my suggestion. We then set about dividing it between the three of us, by placing it across a stone, and striking it with the shape edge of another one that served as a knife. Either because of the thickness or roughness of the rope, or because we sometimes tied it too tightly, this instrument of penance often caused us terrible suffering. Now and then, Jacinta could not keep back her tears, so great was the discomfort this caused her. Whenever I urged her to remove it, she replied: ‘No! I want to offer this sacrifice to Our Lord in reparation, and for the conversion of sinners.

Apparitions of Fatima, September,1917
The Blessed Virgin was faithful to Her promise, and at least once wanted to show it to them in a visible manner. Their insistence prayers, and all their sacrifices, so generously accepted or chosen, were bearing abundant supernatural fruits. The sudden conversion of this hardened sinner was the proof. Our Lady could be pleased with Her three confidants.
The next day, appearing for the fifth time at the Cova da Iria, She told them: “God is pleased with your sacrifices. He does not want you to sleep with the rope on, but only to wear it during the daytime.
Needless to say, we promptly obeyed His orders, Lucy comments.

Apparitions of Fatima, September 13,1917, The Blessed Mother
Pray, pray very much, and make sacrifices for sinners; for many souls go to hell because there are none to sacrifice themselves and pray for them."

A Breathtaking Mystery: The Communion of Saints

Pope Pius XII firmly recalls this truth in Mysitici Corporis: “There is an awesome mystery that we can never sufficiently meditate on: the salvation of many souls depends on the prayers and voluntary penances of the members of the Body of Christ.

Last edited: