• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus says, I Am He

wellwisher

A bit confused. Is your God male? I thought the Supreme Gods are genderless. If Jesus is God then, he too is genderless?

In Western tradition the male principle is about the spirit; animating principle, while the female principle is more connected to material and matter; mother. This line in the sand appears to be based on procreation. A single male sperm cell can spark life in a much larger inert egg; male spirit animates female matter. The female's animated egg then helps to animate the body to help build the material shell in which the future spirit and soul of the baby will reside. The spirit is more ethereal than it is material. A virgin conception and birth was assumed to be triggered by a pure spirit, without any material (sperm); divine.

If you look at computers and robotics they have hardware and software. The hardware makes all the dynamics of input-output and interaction possible. However, the full affect also requires software to help animate and guide the needed parts of the hardware. The computer operates as one integrated thing to the outsider, but inside there are both hardware and software, with each requiring totally different design skills. This analogy is very similar to the western tradition of male and female; spirit and matter. Most cultural traditions are created by the imagination of men; spirit of Santa Claus, with the mothers the capacitance; hardware, that become animated each year to maintain and expresses these traditions. These can be very complex expressions from a simple spirit trigger.

This distinction has little to do with gender and sex. Rather it was system that helped one make a distinction between hardware and software; matter and the spirit; energy/force and matter. When God is called Father, the Jesus is his Son, this about software and spirit, and not hardware and matter. Jesus says my kingdom is not of this world; not material based, but more like information based; omniscience.

In science, the law of physics animate and define the limits of matter. The marriage of the two; spirit of the laws and matter, allows for all type of diversity and variety in both form and function. Mother Nature maintains these physics traditions for all her children to use some symbolism. Both men and women have spirit; masculine principle. This the male side of a female. Males have a female side; matter. The difference is based where these are within the hierarchy of the brain's operating system; staggered. All genders have both spirit and matter, with male and female only a way to separate software from hardware.

An interesting spirit that animates matter is the spirit of randomness. Random creates exceptions to the rule. This can be expressed with math; statistics, but one would be hard pressed to get anyone to explain it in simple terms,without it sounding like a type of mystical religion. The spirit and matter system was very forward thinking with science using the same schema, but with different names.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
it seems you have a problem with what I AM means . of my self i can say i am because i am real and i can prove it . the same thing also applies to all others that are real and can also prove it . so i ask ,did the most high God prove he is real ? he did !
Not sure how you deducted that from what I said... however, I'm glad that God proved to you that He is real. :)

Kenny

Premium Member
A bit confused. Is your God male? I thought the Supreme Gods are genderless. If Jesus is God then, he too is genderless?
Actually, we really can't determine everything. However, Jesus was a male and God is called the Father.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
[18:5] Nazorean: the form found in Mt 26:7 is here used, not Nazarene of Mark. I AM: or “I am he,” but probably intended by the evangelist as an expression of divinity (cf. their appropriate response in Jn18:6. John sets the confusion of the arresting party against the background of Jesus’ divine majesty.
Thank you for your comment. So -- that Jesus was the son of God on earth by divine means (Mary being a virgin when she conceived) places him in a very special position. Even though he was human. He was the only-begotten son, or as one translation says, God's one and only Son.. John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)

YoursTrue

I mean either Jesus was a male or he was a God. He cannot be both. :)
Hello. The word 'god' must be taken in context. When Jesus was on the earth as a human male, he was human. He was not equal to God, his Father. He said the Father was greater than he was. (Remember John 1:1 also, the Word was with God, and as some more accurate translations say, the Word was "a god." Jesus was not, as some might think, "God equal to God on earth." He was God's son having come from heaven born as a human, fully human. When he was killed and then resurrected, despite what some might make the words out to be, he was no longer human, he was transformed by God to be a spirit person (not human) who had a different aspect than what he was on the earth from his conception to his death. That Thomas cried out to Jesus upon seeing him after his resurrection, saying "My Lord and my God," remember -- that was after his resurrection. And Jesus did not say, "No, I'm not your God," because it is necessary to take the word 'god' in context.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Oh grief! John 9:9… the former blind man must be I AM, then.

If by saying I Am He, Jesus was saying that he was God, the witnesses at his Sanhedrin trial would have accused Jesus of saying that. But they never did.

So that is no evidence supporting your claim.

YoursTrue

This was never a problem for me, since I understand that God Almighty is beyond our comprehension except for that which 'He' allows us to understand. Human speech is such that genders are usually attached to persons or in some cases, nouns. The man was created first, then the woman. Females, such as myself, recognize without explanation, that men are constitutionally different than a woman. Even as a little girl I understood this without question. Details com later. It makes sense to me that God is spoken as in the male gender. That's how I see it without quibble, that the fact that God is spoken of in the male gender is no problem for me. But just to be clear, God is not a human. You might want to look at this for further info: Helpful information.
God—Our Father and Mother? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

Kenny

Premium Member
(Not all Jews agreed or agree today about what the Torah means and what Jesus is or meant.)
It is true that Jews love discussing the scriptures and have different points of view. That is why they have Pharisees, Sadducees and even Herodians.

They had problems with what Jesus said, even when he walked the earth. But regardless, they did understand that Jesus made himself equal with God. Thee was no divisiveness or discussion oon that point.

wellwisher

Jesus said I am he.

God rested on the seventh day.

When you are resting you are not working. If work needs to get done, others need to do it for you, or nothing gets done. Does anyone know how long God rested or how long the seventh day was in terms of earth years? Does the bible tell us that time frame in direct terms? During that rest period, since things were still happening, who did God put in charge of the work while the rested?

These questions are not your classic western theology but they are valid questions, the answers of which can clarify many things.

If you look at the first six days of creation, on each day God does epic things. None of events of each of the first six day is little stuff. One might be able to infer the length of the seventh day of creation, as God rested, by looking when the next big epic things occur. A swarm of locust is not the same as creating life or a universe. However, if God put someone in charge, as he rest one expect that they would be able be able to do small to moderate things, for day to day upkeep.

To me the next big or epic creation, after Genesis, is in Revelations, where a entire city of precious materials; Heavenly Jerusalem, appears from heavens and lands on earth. That is God caliber. That would be day eight where God is once again at work; 1000 year reign of peace.

The next question is who was placed in charge, who had some power to do moderate godlike things from a human POV. From the old Testament concern of the atheists, we know this caretaker was both good and bad, often cruel and grouchy one day, then nice the next. This sounds more like a god who is not full in control; Satan. While God rested in the garden of Eden, Satan tempts Eve and Adam and they accepted Satan as their boss. Adam and Eve are banished from an eternal heavenly place to a material and inertial and temporal place lower in hierarchy, ruled by Satan, while God rested. God preferred perfection and peace as he rested.

I am sorry to say this all points to the God assumed to be God of the old testament not being God the father. Jesus said nobody has seen God, as he rested, accept his son. What humans saw was the worker sent by God; Satan.

YoursTrue

It is true that Jews love discussing the scriptures and have different points of view. That is why they have Pharisees, Sadducees and even Herodians.

They had problems with what Jesus said, even when he walked the earth. But regardless, they did understand that Jesus made himself equal with God. Thee was no divisiveness or discussion oon that point.
They accused him of that. He never said he was equal. He never made himself equal to God, it was a trumped up charge. When he said he was alive before Abraham was born, that was the issue the religious leaders took big exception to. They got him on that one, despite their agreement that he performed miracles.
John 8:58, various translations:
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to them, “I assure you: Before Abraham was, I am.”
American Standard Version
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.”
Contemporary English Version
Jesus answered, "I tell you for certain that even before Abraham was, I was, and I am."
Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am.

That was the statement which they "got him" on.
57Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?”58“Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am”
59 At this, they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple area."
In order to correctly understand this, it needs to be studied carefully. Also notice the following, if you will:
"Now the chief priests and the whole council were seeking false testimony against Jesus that they might put him to death,"
False testimony. Because he never said he was God. Or equal to God.

Kenny

Premium Member
They accused him of that. He never said he was equal. He never made himself equal to God, it was a trumped up charge. When he said he was alive before Abraham was born, that was the issue the religious leaders took big exception to. They got him on that one, despite their agreement that he performed miracles.
John 8:58, various translations:
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jesus said to them, “I assure you: Before Abraham was, I am.”
American Standard Version
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.”
Contemporary English Version
Jesus answered, "I tell you for certain that even before Abraham was, I was, and I am."
Douay-Rheims Bible
Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am.

That was the statement which they "got him" on.
57Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?”58“Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am”
59 At this, they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple area."
In order to correctly understand this, it needs to be studied carefully. Also notice the following, if you will:
"Now the chief priests and the whole council were seeking false testimony against Jesus that they might put him to death,"
False testimony. Because he never said he was God. Or equal to God.
I hear you and certainly some people have interpreted that way... but they always forget important factors one, mainly, that when before Jesus was manifested as man, He was God.

Also, we tend to gloss over the other scriptures.
John 10:30 “The Father and I are one.”
John 1: 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.“
1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.“

Of course, there are many more.

But, I believe, we do have common ground in the it is Jesus who bore our sins, died on the cross, was resurrected and he is the way, the truth and the life (Can we agree on this last statement?)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Jesus a man says I am he a man.

Names word use are human applied.

Ask a self body consciously what name as a speaking body do you call self?

A man.

What name body type do you describe self as?

A human.

Name use.

Why did humans get told to name theirselves?

For identity.

We see observe human first. Body type second. Then a speaking voice says my given name is...

Yet some of us use exactly the same name.

If we only were each called one name as each lived one human then only one human would own one name.

Human logic first.

Now ask an inhumane human personality by human living lived experience what does the name Jesus mean to you?

His answer Phi. Phi reasoned by man in science caused sacrificed life of human.

I identified the reason. He said man theoried and said he is a window symbol in science theories Hebrew.

Is Phi direct scientist theist to man life searching for Jesus connections for pyramid temple machine theories?

No. It lands impressed as each pattern upon the crop growth. So life is living first naturally that advice? Yes.

Told that human advice directly.

Why caused life's sacrifice?

God says science theists.

Who is the father of man.

God says the science theist.

Natural human says father a human adult man is our father.

Did the human adult father man invent machine science?

Yes.

And science theories about God?

Yes.

Did gods heavens gases change?

Yes.

What changed scientists?

Light gas burning held by voiding womb. It fell out.

So gases burning alight come to ground changes everything?

Yes.

It was gods gases?

Yes.

Do you own gods gases?

No.

The heavens do.

What do you own?

Holy water holy oxygen mainly bio water life the reasoning.

Was a human phi?

No.

Question was Jesus real?

No. Science gave it the name.

Did life of human be sacrificed?

Yes.

Why did it stop?

Saviour saved life.

What human teaching stated the saviour baby DNA human status only,?

Water ice saviour only end of year returned mass status ice.

One saviour only for bio life. ignored by Satanists.

YoursTrue

I hear you and certainly some people have interpreted that way... but they always forget important factors one, mainly, that when before Jesus was manifested as man, He was God.

Also, we tend to gloss over the other scriptures.
John 10:30 “The Father and I are one.”
John 1: 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.“
1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.“

Of course, there are many more.

But, I believe, we do have common ground in the it is Jesus who bore our sins, died on the cross, was resurrected and he is the way, the truth and the life (Can we agree on this last statement?)
(Not entirely. But we can go into that later perhaps.) In agreement with what Jesus said, he is definitely the way, the truth and the life.
Going back to John 1:1, it says that the Word WAS with God. And -- in many versions, said to have been God. God with God (he, the Word, WAS with God). Again -- two in the beginning. (Not three.) It also says the Word WAS God. With God.
Look at 1 John 5:20 again -- it is not saying that Jesus is the true God, although many would take it that way. It is referring to the Father, the initial life-giver and the Father and God of Jesus. Jesus himself called his Father the "only true God." Does this mean that Jesus was saying he is a false god? Of course not! But in context, he is the one by means of whom those having faith can attain to everlasting life. Matthew 28, Jesus said he was given authority.
Remember that Jesus did say that his accusers themselves were called 'gods' (or elohim). So again, the word god must be understood as applied.

YoursTrue

Yes, remember, he WAS God. With God. I'm a little tired now, perhaps we can examine John 1:18 and other scriptures later, thanks and have a good night. Knowing that God promises obedient and faithful mankind a wonderful life to enjoy in the future. I am a human; God is God.

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes, remember, he WAS God. With God. I'm a little tired now, perhaps we can examine John 1:18 and other scriptures later, thanks and have a good night. Knowing that God promises obedient and faithful mankind a wonderful life to enjoy in the future. I am a human; God is God.
I do hope you had a good rest. I must have misunderstood your position when I read your post.

And you are so right, Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land" so looking forward to the future!