• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Return

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
many christian's believe jesus is supposed to return.

so if he does, will the churches hand over the reins to him? or do you suppose they will continue with business as usual?

Altfish

Veteran Member

so if he does, will the churches hand over the reins to him? or do you suppose they will continue with business as usual?
When he turns out to be black, pro-choice, anti gun and votes Democrat he will be rejected

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
lol, I don't think Jesus would take a side in any earthly matter: Luke 12:14
you're right. he didn't force people to become sheep. they had to choose because it was logically the service to self's inevitable outcome to become service to all as self.

the service to self type doesn't stop to think that they are against the world but the world is a big thing to try and overcome, conquer; especially when you're obviously a part of it and not separate from it.

the world isn't against you; if you're part of it and don't see self separate from it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As Jesus and his 1st-century followers were politically 'neutral' not even taking sides in the issues of the day between the Jews verses the Romans, so at the soon coming ' time of separation' to take place on Earth there is No taking of a side in any earthly matter.- Matthew 25:31-34
Jesus is the striking figurative ' stone ' (see Daniel 2:44-45) that will topple all earth's world's powers against him.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"self" or "self service" is satanic and has nothing to do with God........
What about 'Jesus' self-sacrificing love' for others ___________
Jesus' New commandment (John 13:34-35; John 15:12; Galatians 6:2; Ephesians 5:2; 1 John 3:16) deals with more than the Golden Rule to love neighbor as self, but to now love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Golden Rule.
None of which of course is ' self service ' or ' serving self '.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is one hard error here.OT prophecies have all been already fulfilled, Jesus fulfilled all prophets Matthew 5:17

Prophecies that were regarding: Jesus - Luke 4:21
Matthew 5:17 is about the old Constitution of the Mosaic Law - Romans 10:4
Jesus fulfilled that old Mosaic law contract, so the Mosaic Law was No longer binding on God's people.
Jesus' teachings are like new wine that old wine skins don't hold or don't contain - Luke 5:37
Daniel 2:44-45 is Not part of the Mosaic Law, but that political statue shows the rise and fall of world powers.
The powers that now be make up the statue's feet. Feet mixed with: iron and clay.
The political being strong (iron) and the weak (clay) being the people.
Since iron and clay don't mix, don't hold up together, then that ' statue ' is on the verge of collapse.
However, it does Not fall down on its own because Jesus as that coming striking figurative 'stone ' brings it down.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

He sided with the poor, sick and marginalized. Helping people can be a political issue. He took issue with the religious leaders of the day, which may have effected politics too. Was there separation of church and state in Roman and Greek cultures?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"self" or "self service" is satanic and has nothing to do with God.

you go google out for "self is satanic" and you'll find many articles such as this one:
Self-chosen Identities are Satanic – Christian News (christiannewsmissouri.com)
you should never make absolute statements. god is service to self because there is no other besides the Absolute, the Almighty.

also, a person must be service to self in respect to themselves. in unconditional love, no one is excluded. so then a person must be capable of meeting their own needs before they can be of help to other as self.

god requires mercy, not sacrifice. that mercy extends to self in addition to other as self

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Maybe some. I suspect most are too in love with the Gods they've created for themselves.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Yes, Jesus was to return like Elijah returned before him in the form of John the Baptist, Jesus himself explained:

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 17 - King James Version

The same way Jesus "Second Coming" comping has already taken place in the spirit of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, and I am one of his followers. Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Fool said:

Yes, Jesus was to return like Elijah returned before him in the form of John the Baptist, Jesus himself explained:

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 17 - King James Version

The same way Jesus "Second Coming" comping has already taken place in the spirit of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, and I am one of his followers. Right?
" will the churches hand over the reins to him?"

Well that has not happened, as Jesus in Second Coming 1835-1908 has been endowed with reason oriented arguments and no compulsion. They keep engaged and locked in their Pauline-Hellenist concepts and also because they never were believers of Jesus and his teachings, I gather.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

for instance, the latter day saints church aka Mormons have amassed billions of dollars* from their members to welcome Second Coming and to support him but they continue doing the same without supporting the Second Coming 1835-1908, I gather. Right?

Regards
* Topline: An investigation published by the Washington Post Monday night focuses on a complaint filed by a whistle-blower⁠ who alleges the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints holds $100 billion in a charitable fund from member donations that hasn't been spent in over 20 years⁠—but is instead reportedly intended for the “second coming of Christ.” ...Dec 17, 2019
Mormon Church Reportedly Amassed $100 Billion Fund For ...
https://www.forbes.com › sites › lisettevoytko › 2019/12/17

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Jesus Second Coming has taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 . One of his duties was to break the Cross which he did in a debate which is published and is named "The Holy War "
Jang-e-Muqaddas-125x200.png
The Holy War
The book supports Jesus , his teachings and deeds, but breaks the Pauline-Hellenist myth that "Jesus died a cursed death on the Cross", I understand.
Not recommend for reading to the Pauline-Christians who enjoy living in a Hellenist-mythical fervor, as I understand, lest their fragile myth is broken and they know the real Jesus, I envision. Right?

Regards
"According to Doherty, the Christ of Paul shares similarities with the Greco-Roman mystery cults.[83] Authors Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy argue that Jesus was a deity, akin to the mystery cults,[237] while Dorothy Murdock argues that the Christ myth draws heavily on the Egyptian story of Osiris and Horus.[238] According to Carrier, early Christianity was one of several mystery cults that developed out of Hellenistic influences on local cults and religions.[228]"
Christ myth theory - Wikipedia

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
He sided with the poor, sick and marginalized. Helping people can be a political issue. He took issue with the religious leaders of the day, which may have effected politics too. Was there separation of church and state in Roman and Greek cultures?

Yes, the religious leaders could Not execute Jesus so the Jews got the political (Romans) to do their dirty work.
- Acts of the Apostles 3:15
By the time of Constantine the political used the 'church' to achieve their political goal.
Under the Constitution of the Mosaic law for ancient Israel there was separation of 'church and state'.
- 2 Chronicles 26:16-21
The 'king' (political) was Not to interfere with priestly (religious) duties and vice versa.