• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Resurrection

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wer not talking diamonds. Wer talking metamorphic rock. The ones at jebul al lawz.

And yes, some metamorphic rock is that way due to heat. Sometimes its due to pressure. But, the heat ones are burnt.

Its right there in the 2 sources in the former posts. It says "BURNT". The EXACT word used. And no, it did not come from a creationist site either.

Nope, heat does not mean "burnt". Burnt means oxidized. When you burn something and oxidize it carbon is typically a product of incomplete burning. That is why "burnt" things look black. The formation that you are relying on is not black due to being heated. It is not black due to incomplete oxidation leaving carbon behind. It is not "burnt". Instead of repeating ignorant claims you should be trying to learn why you are wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh ya? Well i get tired of people who keep saying im not debating honestly without just refutting the point at hand. Constantly saying im dishonest IN ITSELF makes YOU dishonest.

Your inability to understand a refutation does not mean that a point has not been refuted. Just because you are wrong that does not make the other person dishonest. You know so little and base your arguments on utter ignorance is why I have told you that you need to begin to ask questions. You do not know enough to properly refute the claims made against you or to support what you believe in.

Calling someone dishonest is also breaking the rules. I would suggest you retract as well.

There is a difference between pointing out how someone is dishonest and calling them dishonest. You have been using dishonest techniques. I have said that you probably do not want to appear to be dishonest.

Oh so basically AGREE with your beliefs or i dont get respect?

Beliefs need to be properly supported if they are to be respected. I can support mine properly. You do not appear to be able to do so. That is why your ideas do not merit any respect.

K i s s my a s s. Go preach somewhere else. Im borderline ready to report you again. THIS IS A WARNING TO YOU. Apparently rules dont work on you, do they? You grow up being a rebel or something?

Now now, just because you are terribly wrong is no reason to get angry. Again, I will gladly answer questions that are asked properly. You tend to put buried assumptions in your questions. You cannot learn by doing that. You would probably get very irritated with me if I asked you:

"Have you quit beating your wife yet?" and demanded a "yes/no" answer.

I did not quote a creationist source. The same source you gave "burnt" was in it.

Also, if you are adament that im wrong, show me HOW i am, quit preaching that im wrong. Just show how i am.

You need to learn how to work on your reading comprehension if you think that is the case. I am not "preaching", I am merely correcting gross errors. You are not even at a high school level of science proficiency in this discussion so the corrections may seem to be "preaching" to you. I have offered to help you to understand but you won't even try.

Nope, heat does not mean "burnt". Burnt means oxidized. When you burn something and oxidize it carbon is typically a product of incomplete burning. That is why "burnt" things look black. The formation that you are relying on is not black due to being heated. It is not black due to incomplete oxidation leaving carbon behind. It is not "burnt". Instead of repeating ignorant claims you should be trying to learn why you are wrong.

Obviously metamorphic rock wont burn like wood would burn. For rock to become metamorphic it needs way more heat to burn it then wood. Wood dont need nearly as much heat. And it burns easy because its composition is different then rock.

You mentioned black. Well the metamorphic rock on the mountain in question is black and its due to metamorphosis.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Obviously metamorphic rock wont burn like wood would burn. For rock to become metamorphic it needs way more heat to burn it then wood. Wood dont need nearly as much heat. And it burns easy because its composition is different then rock.

You mentioned black. Well the metamorphic rock on the mountain in question is black and its due to metamorphosis.

And you continue to repeat your largest error. The color is not due to it being metamorphic. Heating rocks does not automatically turn them dark.

Your inability to understand a refutation does not mean that a point has not been refuted. Just because you are wrong that does not make the other person dishonest. You know so little and base your arguments on utter ignorance is why I have told you that you need to begin to ask questions. You do not know enough to properly refute the claims made against you or to support what you believe in.

Any time i ask you questions you say its unpolite and improper. Now your saying to ask you questions.

You make no sense.

There is a difference between pointing out how someone is dishonest and calling them dishonest. You have been using dishonest techniques. I have said that you probably do not want to appear to be dishonest.

Ypur not pointing out any dishonesty because its not there to point out. Your arrogant, period. A disrespectful, arrogant person. And not worthy to engage in a debate with me due to that.

Beliefs need to be properly supported if they are to be respected. I can support mine properly. You do not appear to be able to do so. That is why your ideas do not merit any respect.

I am supporting my views. Sure am. Not my problem if you cant have any respect for those who disagree with you. You can respect, but disagree. But, in your case, you disagree and express disrespect. Your arrogant. I dont like people like that. Would make no difference if you wer arrogant but religious too me. Arrogance cant have a part in my presence.

Now now, just because you are terribly wrong is no reason to get angry. Again, I will gladly answer questions that are asked properly. You tend to put buried assumptions in your questions. You cannot learn by doing that. You would probably get very irritated with me if I asked you:

"Have you quit beating your wife yet?" and demanded a "yes/no" answer.

Ok. I dont know what "proper" questions you want me to ask you. Just SHOW ME where im wrong. Just stop beating around the bush with constant ad homing me and show where and WHY each point i make is wrong.

You need to learn how to work on your reading comprehension if you think that is the case. I am not "preaching", I am merely correcting gross errors. You are not even at a high school level of science proficiency in this discussion so the corrections may seem to be "preaching" to you. I have offered to help you to understand but you won't even try.

Your idea of "correcting" my "errors" is to simply say im wrong.

You need to do more then that. You need to tell me WHY im wrong.

And you continue to repeat your largest error. The color is not due to it being metamorphic. Heating rocks does not automatically turn them dark.

Metamorphic changes the rocks form. Thus its color. It may not be black each time. But in the case of jubel al luz, its black due to metamorphosis.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Any time i ask you questions you say its unpolite and improper. Now your saying to ask you questions.

You make no sense.

You can't seem to ask proper questions. Give it a shot, if you do not ask a proper one I will explain your error to you.

Ypur not pointing out any dishonesty because its not there to point out. Your arrogant, period. A disrespectful, arrogant person. And not worthy to engage in a debate with me due to that.
You used dishonest techniques. You got a bogus claim from a creationist source and were not honest enough to admit it. Calling me arrogant is only arrogance on your part. You are making the mistaken assumption that you are correct. That your book of myths is correct when it has been refuted soundly.

I am supporting my views. Sure am. Not my problem if you cant have any respect for those who disagree with you. You can respect, but disagree. But, in your case, you disagree and express disrespect. Your arrogant. I dont like people like that. Would make no difference if you wer arrogant but religious too me. Arrogance cant have a part in my presence.

When you rely on lying sources or use improper techniques such as quote mining you are not supporting your claims. All of your claims have been refuted. And don't complain about a lack of respect when you go out of your way to earn disrespect. Once again, change your behavior.

Ok. I dont know what "proper" questions you want me to ask you. Just SHOW ME where im wrong. Just stop beating around the bush with constant ad homing me and show where and WHY each point i make is wrong.

I HAVE shown how you were wrong. You refuse to learn even the basics of science so that you can understand why you are wrong.

Your idea of "correcting" my "errors" is to simply say im wrong.

You need to do more then that. You need to tell me WHY im wrong.

Wrong again. I have supplied sources time after time.

But let's out an end to this. Since you do not understand the sciences at all would you like to learn the basics? Once you learn them you can refer back to them whenever making a claim.

You can't seem to ask proper questions. Give it a shot, if you do not ask a proper one I will explain your error to you.

You used dishonest techniques. You got a bogus claim from a creationist source and were not honest enough to admit it. Calling me arrogant is only arrogance on your part. You are making the mistaken assumption that you are correct. That your book of myths is correct when it has been refuted soundly.

When you rely on lying sources or use improper techniques such as quote mining you are not supporting your claims. All of your claims have been refuted. And don't complain about a lack of respect when you go out of your way to earn disrespect. Once again, change your behavior.

I HAVE shown how you were wrong. You refuse to learn even the basics of science so that you can understand why you are wrong.

Wrong again. I have supplied sources time after time.

But let's out an end to this. Since you do not understand the sciences at all would you like to learn the basics? Once you learn them you can refer back to them whenever making a claim.

Are you married or divorced? Curious.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Jollybear , until you learn how science is done you will probably not be able to understand your errors. Right now it appears that you are afraid to learn even the basics of science, even though that would make you a better debater. Why are you so afraid? Are you afraid that you are wrong deep down inside?

@Jollybear , until you learn how science is done you will probably not be able to understand your errors. Right now it appears that you are afraid to learn even the basics of science, even though that would make you a better debater. Why are you so afraid? Are you afraid that you are wrong deep down inside?

Ok. Teach me the basics of science. Go ahead. Teach me the basics of science in the area if metamorphic rock. Lets get it on already.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok. Teach me the basics of science. Go ahead. Teach me the basics of science in the area if metamorphic rock. Lets get it on already.
That is beyond the basics. The basics is understanding the scientific method and what is and what is not evidence. Both of those are ideas that you need to work on.

Let's run through this diagram step by step first:

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

That is beyond the basics. The basics is understanding the scientific method and what is and what is not evidence. Both of those are ideas that you need to work on.

Let's run through this diagram step by step first:

2013-updated_scientific-method-steps_v6_noheader.png

Ummm....ok......so, how does that help in our understanding of the black metamorphic rock at jubel al luz?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ummm....ok......so, how does that help in our understanding of the black metamorphic rock at jubel al luz?

If you refuse to learn even the basics how do you expect to understand a more complex problem?

Do you see the first step? It is 'Ask a question'. First you need to clearly state what you are trying to learn. In the sciences complex problems are often broken down. Ultimately you want to confirm the Exodus myth. But right now we are focusing on a small part of it.

If you refuse to learn even the basics how do you expect to understand a more complex problem?

Do you see the first step? It is 'Ask a question'. First you need to clearly state what you are trying to learn. In the sciences complex problems are often broken down. Ultimately you want to confirm the Exodus myth. But right now we are focusing on a small part of it.

Correct. A small part. The exodus is a large subject, with many parts. Wer dealing with the black top on a particular mountain at jubal al lawz in arabia.

So, applying that diagram, which just looking at that diagram, i dont have any problem with it. It seams reasonable.

So, how would you apply that diagram to the mountain?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Correct. A small part. The exodus is a large subject, with many parts. Wer dealing with the black top on a particular mountain at jubal al lawz in arabia.

So, applying that diagram, which just looking at that diagram, i dont have any problem with it. It seams reasonable.

So, how would you apply that diagram to the mountain?

You have not been following along. So let's go back to the beginning. What question would you ask in regards to the black top of that mountain?