• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Resurrection

lukethethird

unknown member
Oh, you must be talking about the spiritual godhead to the upright walking reptiles who had ruled the earth for some three million years, before being destroyed, after which, on the barren earth, of the seventh day, which still had the seeds of the plants from a previous age, the Lord JAHEL, [Lord to the glory of EL the creator], planted a garden for the man that he formed, possibly from genetic material of the human beings which had been created on the sixth creative cycle.

After which the Old reptile was cursed and forced to crawl upon the dust of the earth; Am I correct?

I see that you have never read the scriptures that support everything that I have said.
Reading scripture does not make them true.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
True, but, MANY witnesses seeing the same so called delusion?

Im sorry, they wer quite what?

Whats the first logical tests?

It dont read like fiction. And the apostles dont write about there own deaths either, that would be a tell tale sign something is amis.

Theres independent sources, when put together like puzzle pieces, show a picture of historicity.
What "witnesses"? The Gospels are not eyewitness accounts, neither are the writings of Paul. There are tales of witnesses but actual writings by witnesses. I could claim that 500 people saw Elvis. That does not mean that he is not dead.

The Anointed

What "witnesses"? The Gospels are not eyewitness accounts, neither are the writings of Paul. There are tales of witnesses but actual writings by witnesses. I could claim that 500 people saw Elvis. That does not mean that he is not dead.

You may not believe Peter, James, John the beloved disciple and Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter, who were eye witnesses to the risen Christ, but millions do, and who gives a rats tail what the atheists who haunt the religious forums believe or disbelieve? I'm sure I don't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You may not believe Peter, James, John the beloved disciple and Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter, who were eye witnesses to the risen Christ, but millions do, and who gives a rats tail what the atheists who haunt the religious forums believe or disbelieve? I'm sure I don't.
The gospel of John was almost certainly not written by John, not was Mark by Mark.

Odds are that the atheists you debate with know more about the Bible than you do.

Edit: The books of Peter were also probably not by Peter, and even if James was written by a a 'James', it is unclear which one. Your witnesses still appear to be lacking.

Last edited:

The Anointed

The gospel of John was almost certainly not written by John, not was Mark by Mark.

Odds are that the atheists you debate with know more about the Bible than you do.

Edit: The books of Peter were also probably not by Peter, and even if James was written by a a 'James', it is unclear which one. Your witnesses still appear to be lacking.

Subduction Zone wrote...…. The gospel of John was ALMOST certainly not written by John, not was Mark by Mark.

The Anointed...…. ALMOST, one of the atheists favorite words.

Even the bible tells us that John did not actually write the Gospel of John, but that it was written from his memoirs, by those who believed that what he had written was true.

Subduction Zone wrote...…. Odds are that the atheists you debate with know more about the Bible than you do.

The Anointed...…… And what odds will you give me that they don't, especially you. Please reveal who the 8th son of Jesse is and if he is older or younger than David?

Subduction Zone wrote...….. Edit: The books of Peter were also probably not by Peter,

The Anointed...….. PROBABLY, another word used extensively by the atheists.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. and even if James was written by a 'James', it is unclear which one. Your witnesses still appear to be lacking.

The Anointed...….. Most of what is recorded in the scriptures is UNCLEAR to the biblical ignorant atheists, but like I have said, "Who gives a rat's tail, what the atheists, who haunt the religious forums believe or disbelieve."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Subduction Zone wrote...…. The gospel of John was ALMOST certainly not written by John, not was Mark by Mark.

The Anointed...…. ALMOST, one of the atheists favorite words.

Even the bible tells us that John did not actually write the Gospel of John, but that it was written from his memoirs, by those who believed that what he had written was true.

Subduction Zone wrote...…. Odds are that the atheists you debate with know more about the Bible than you do.

The Anointed...…… And what odds will you give me that they don't, especially you. Please reveal who the 8th son of Jesse is and if he is older or younger than David?

Subduction Zone wrote...….. Edit: The books of Peter were also probably not by Peter,

The Anointed...….. PROBABLY, another word used extensively by the atheists.

Subduction Zone wrote...….. and even if James was written by a 'James', it is unclear which one. Your witnesses still appear to be lacking.

The Anointed...….. Most of what is recorded in the scriptures is UNCLEAR to the biblical ignorant atheists, but like I have said, "Who gives a rat's tail, what the atheists, who haunt the religious forums believe or disbelieve."
Great, it appears that you are totally ignorant of your Bible and it's history.

I can see that I will probably have to remind you of this countless times. When it comes to your book of myths and fractured history you are the ignorant one here.

Paul saw jesus on demascus road and he got acquainted with the other witnesses, the 12 apostles.

leroy

Name any and all scholars who are not Christians who teach that jesus rose from the dead? I have already said he may have lived and I realize a few who say there was a guy named Jesus but name any non Christian scholar historian who says they believe Jesus rose from the dead and give the evidence outside the tomb was found empty.

I have found many historians who say he did not even exist.

Stop sending red hearings, my claim is that the facts that I mentioned are accepted by the majority of scholars.

Whether if Jesus resurrected or not depends on how do you interpret those facts.

Well, the thing is, even if you found a grave of Jesus, and it even went to the trouble of spelling out he was considered the Messiah, you STILL don't have evidence that he walked on water, had copy/paste food magic, etc. It's like how finding reference to King David doesn't mean he facepalmed Goliath with a rock.

It really gets worse for the resurrection if Jesus has a convenient twin brother who can simply poke some holes in his hands and feet and go around playing Jesus all day long. I mean, the apostles didn't recognize their own master.

Thomas: Hey, guys! I'm back.
Apostles: ???
Thomas: Uh, you know *winks* I'm Jesus, and I'm back!
Apostles: This is dumb.
Thomas: I AM FRICKIN' JESUS!
Apostles: Oooooohhhhh, welcome back, Jesus!

Even if the people were real, stories about them can be fiction, like Washington and the cherry tree or Lincoln and vampires.

Yea, but is there many independent sources for lincoln and the vampires like there are for the witnesses and there persecutions?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Paul saw jesus on demascus road and he got acquainted with the other witnesses, the 12 apostles.

Paul had a a vision. That is not seeing. Does he ever quote the apostles about what they saw? I know that he got to know them. He is the one that claims that 500 people saw Jesus, not too convincing since he himself never saw him in the first place.

Once again, I saw Elvis in a vision and over 500 people have seen him since he supposedly died. I can even site a well respected news source:rolleyes:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
True, but, MANY witnesses seeing the same so called delusion?

Well, what you are reporting here are stories from a book. Are accounts of X, as read on a book Y, evidence that X really took place?

Well, if yes, then the sky is the limit.

Your bar on believing the extraordinary is prettyy low, I am afraid.

It dont read like fiction.

Well, it does. You have that typical story that grows up with the unknown hero getting better and better. Then nothing really interesting really happens, apart some talks with figue trees and some demon castings, just to keep the audience interested, until at about 3/4 of the story everything goes kaput. Tragedy strikes, until you get the happy end with the hero getting victorious.

Standard Hollywood template.

Ciao

- viole

Kelly of the Phoenix

Jesus, whose righteous ancestors
How can he have righteous ancestors if humans are depraved?

One would expect the risen body of the anointed one to appear to the family of Jesus first, and this is exactly what we see.
He hated his family and disowned them in favor of his congregation in public. Next.

No one who loves their mother is going to call her "that woman".

her [Sister/daughter-in-law] Mary Magdalene, who, although looking straight at him, thought that he was the gardener, until he spoke her name.
She must not have looked at his face very often. :p

Jesus: "Ahem. My eyes are UP HERE."

See John 20: 19 to 24; Cleophas then returned to Jerusalem, where the disciples, which included Simon Peter and Simon the Patriot, the only two of the twelve disciples by the name Simon, were cowering in a darkened room. The only one of the twelve who was absent that evening when Jesus appeared in that dimly lit room in the form that they recognised as Jesus, was Thomas Jude another half-brother of Jesus, the one who was called the Twin, although nowhere does the bible say that he was an actual twin or whether he just held a striking resemblance to someone else, perhaps one with who he shared a common father.
So, it's like how Clark Kent and Superman aren't usually in the same room together? I mean, you read this passage, right? You can see that it wouldn't impress even the stupidest cop?

Apostle: Yeah, see, we saw Jesus.
Centurion *taking notes*: Uh-huh. You saw him?
Apostle: Yeah. It was a dark room --
Centurion: Dark? As in, you couldn't really see?
Apostle: Uh, well, yeah, but he had holes in his hands and feet.
Centurion: We're RO-MANS. Lots of bodies have holes in hands and feet because of us. You guys complain that we turned him into ground meat, even though none of you actually witnessed it, and your Jesus suddenly reappears after the death you ALSO didn't witness with none of the wounds we supposedly inflicted except maybe four or so that are easily accomplished with a hammer and nail? Are all of you here?
Apostle: No, Thomas couldn't make it. He's Jesus' twin.
Centurion *facepalms*: Jesus has a twin? A guy who looks like him? I mean, I know I worship a lot of really petty gods, but, c'mon, give me SOME credit. Did you fail school?
Apostle: We can't read.
Centurion: And your Jesus said you're the best and brightest of the followers?
Apostle: He said we didn't understand him.
Centurion: You know what? I need a drink. I'd "martyr" you all but I can't stand the thought of going to all the trouble to dirty my hammer and nails over people like you. Good day and may your people have mercy of the gods.

Im sure plenty of people have seen elvis he lives!
I was born in Memphis. I was so happy to get away from all these psychotic people :p

You may not believe Peter, James, John the beloved disciple and Mark, who is believed to be the son of Peter, who were eye witnesses to the risen Christ,
They weren't, because they never witnessed him DYING in the first place. Maybe John does, but it's only in the book supposedly written by him because he has such a hard on for Jesus he can't stand the thought of being away from his little pookie.

Yea, but is there many independent sources for lincoln and the vampires like there are for the witnesses and there persecutions?
What sources? Funny how we never have witness accounts, just claims about witnesses. Like, some Supreme Court wannabe has 65 women claim he never raped THEM, so it must mean they witnessed he never raped someone else.

I know that he got to know them.
He also didn't like them.

Riders

Stop sending red hearings, my claim is that the facts that I mentioned are accepted by the majority of scholars.

Whether if Jesus resurrected or not depends on how do you interpret those facts.

What facts? You stated that there are all these scholars the majority of all scholars accept the truth of Jesus that he was resurrected. You did not provide any proof at all just stated it. You can just make statements and claim it as truth without any proof. Back it up with proof.

The majority of all scholars do not accept Jesus resurrection , did you know there are smart scholars here who are Atheist and belong to other religions.

Here I have proof that its not true. The original UU church of Dallas Tx according to the leadership of UU in Dallas who all have religious degrees, the original UU of Dallas was started by scholars and theological students who had masters degree and bachelors degree of divinity who were really all atheist .

They were Atheist scholars at Baylor because most knew Jesus was not real but thought it was the only to teach society what was right.

You keep announcing that all these scholars teach what your saying but the truth is that I went to UU for 10 years and most fo them many of our UU folks are nerds, usually a lot of them are teachers historians and math and computer nerds.

Most of the folks at Dallas UU are scholars scientists people like that. But you have not provided any proof. Making a statement does not make it true.

Riders

Here I can back up my claim I have a short life of 3 people and I can get more who are historical authors scholars on divinity and have books out about the history of Jesus who do not believe there is proof he lived or that the new testament was write and all of these folks have web sights up.

Catharine Giordano
Brandon Vogt
Phillip Perry

Should I bring a long list and I keep going?

Riders

I know a woman Johns Mom she has a doctors degree actually and its divinity in Paganism, she use to be a teacher at UU, she also does not believe in jesus and she has a doctor's in divinity.

The Anointed

Great, it appears that you are totally ignorant of your Bible and it's history.

I can see that I will probably have to remind you of this countless times. When it comes to your book of myths and fractured history you are the ignorant one here.

In other words you don't know who the 8th son of Jesse is and whether he is older or younger than King David.
One simple bible question and you're had it.

Would you like some more biblical questions that you cant answer, in order to prove just how ignorant to the scriptures you godless mob are?

Here is what the actual authors of the Gospel of John had to say; John 21: 24; in reference to John the beloved Disciple, the authors say, "He is the disciple who spoke of these things, the one who wrote them down; and WE know that what he said is true."