• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus raised Himself from the dead

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Just because you don't understand it, and don't believe it ,doesn't mean it isn't true. The Father delegates powers and authority to his subordinate sons of relative divinity. To us they are One, they are God.

You are a dualistic thinker. a house divided against itself is doomed to fail. the name of god and jesus tells you that all are one.

and i can't repeat this enough, idolatry is the gravest of sins because it creates disparity. god loves unconditionally, jesus did, but idolatry doesn't love all as one. this is why it fails

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The body which died on the cross and the blood that flowed on the cross.
sacrifices are an abomination to god per isaiah 66:1-7

i require mercy, not sacrifice.

being merciful is a requirement. having/holding a sacrifice is not

Teritos

sacrifices are an abomination to god per isaiah 66:1-7

i require mercy, not sacrifice.

being merciful is a requirement. having/holding a sacrifice is not
Ezekiel 45:23
The seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the LORD, seven bulls and seven rams without defect daily the seven days; and a male goat daily for a sin offering.

One should interpret Isaiah 66 in such a way that it does not contradict the context of the Bible, for God very well demanded animal sacrifices for sins and other things. There are many passages about this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ezekiel 45:23
The seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the LORD, seven bulls and seven rams without defect daily the seven days; and a male goat daily for a sin offering.

One should interpret Isaiah 66 in such a way that it does not contradict the context of the Bible, for God very well demanded animal sacrifices for sins and other things. There are many passages about this.
the one you idolize, jesus, even used the quote from hosea, unless your believe jesus to be a hypocrite. jesus made no sacrifices in the temple

matthew 9:13

god created everything. there is nothing that you can give to god because its god's

Colt

the one you idolize, jesus, even used the quote from hosea, unless your believe jesus to be a hypocrite. jesus made no sacrifices in the temple

matthew 9:13

god created everything. there is nothing that you can give to god because its god's
There is one gift we can give to God, that is to do his will.

Colt

"The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”
laying asides one's wants for another's needs is not a sacrifice.

its love, compassion, empathy.

idolatry is an abomination

the cross is a yoke that represents love in action

matthew 11:29

Colt

laying asides one's wants for another's needs is not a sacrifice.

its love, compassion, empathy.

idolatry is an abomination

the cross is a yoke that represents love in action

matthew 11:29
Its not a sacrifice, the cross was a shared experience. We have a God who has lived the life of a human, even death.

Because Jesus was God he could lay down his life and take it up again.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...I guess it is a dogma that Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to Heaven.
So He was not a spirit after resurrection.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 2:19-22
Jesus answered and said to them: Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. But he spoke about the temple of his body. Now when he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
According to the Bible, only Jesus' body died,.......................
I find Jesus was using ' figurative speech ' by comparing his coming death and resurrection to the demolition and reconstruction of the temple.
Scripture clearly reads that it was his God who resurrected the dead Jesus- Acts of the Apostles 10:40; Romans 8:11; Hebrews 13:20.
When God resurrected Jesus, Jesus was given a body Not one made with hands like the temple was but back to his spirit body.
It was God who raised Jesus up according to Acts of the Apostles 2:24; Acts of the Apostles 2:32; Acts of the Apostles 3:15; Colossians 2:12.
Remember too that Jesus was also the foretold ' cornerstone ' figure of speech at Acts of the Apostles 4:11.
Also, Galatians 1:1 ascribes Jesus' resurrection to his Father, Not to himself as does Romans 8:11

Jesus' spirit ( Not his spirit body ) is a neuter "IT" according to Ecclesiastes 12:7 B
So, by saying return to God who gave "IT" is similar to a foreclosed house.
The house does Not move or go anywhere but is simply returned to the hands of the owner.
So, Christ's spirit (it) was simply in God's hands until his God resurrected dead Jesus back to life ( back to his original spirit person life )

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Its not a sacrifice, the cross was a shared experience. We have a God who has lived the life of a human, even death.

Because Jesus was God he could lay down his life and take it up again.
laying down one's life isn't a call for sacrifice.

the spirit is towards love and compassion not pain and suffering.

being murdered isn't a sacrifice. committing suicide by soldier isn't a sacrifice. laying asides one's self serving nature for one of serving all as self is not a sacrifice to death. it is a service to life.

it is a state of spirit(mind) in how the will of god, love, is to be served. is it in service to self or in service to all as self?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Romans 8:11

it is the spirit of god that raises from the dead. that which existed before your earthly personality

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Colt

laying down one's life isn't a call for sacrifice.

the spirit is towards love and compassion not pain and suffering.

being murdered isn't a sacrifice. committing suicide by soldier isn't a sacrifice. laying asides one's self serving nature for one of serving all as self is not a sacrifice to death. it is a service to life.

it is a state of spirit(mind) in how the will of god, love, is to be served. is it in service to self or in service to all as self?
Didn't say it was a sacrifice, you are imagining things.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well...I guess it is a dogma that Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to Heaven. So He was not a spirit after resurrection.
Yes, Estro Felino, Jesus 'was a spirit person' after his God resurrected dead Jesus.
Please notice that Jesus used different materialized bodies after his resurrection at John 20:14-15; John 21:4; Luke 24:13-31.
Resurrected Jesus remained in the vicinity of the Earth for 40 days before he ascended to his God - Hebrews 9:24.
Also, a physical body could Not appear in Heaven in front of God - 1 Corinthians 15:50.