• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Prayed

Eli G

(...) Hebrew scripture, however, is not updated, so you're kind of stuck with what they believed in those days, and are at the mercy of different opinions. Science always updates.
Your opinion is irrelevant. :)

Do you need me to help you understand any biblical topic? I will use the Bible to teach you.
... always related with the thread here, "Jesus prayed", of course.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Your opinion is irrelevant. :)

Do you need me to help you understand any biblical topic? I will use the Bible to teach you.
... always related with the thread here, "Jesus prayed", of course.

If I were still Christian, I might take you up on that. What part is opinion? Some scriptures are updated with new knowledge, but not the Bible. And science tries to find new answers and tests them. At least what can be tested...

Eli G

You are missing that I am not interested in your judgemental thread ...
I am here to talk about what the Bible really teaches. Sorry.
Have a great day.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Well, if the message is skewed... I think it should be corrected.

Well, it's not word of the Christian god. And ya, maybe all things considered, refraining from commenting on it would be good.

Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Wow, none of them agree on much of anything? How many differences can you name?

That's an impossible question to answer since I do not know the names of all the millions of Christians. As they ALL have differences of opinions on what they think the bible means.

I read that part. I'm not sure how to respond. It's kind of hard to believe, but, I don't want to devalue your experiences.

I agree that it doesn't make sense for a god to pray to itself, I also agree that a god would not need to learn about itself.

So you DO see this at least this one of the thousands of faults with this jesus myth. That's a good start.

Strangely though, I also don't think it makes sense to criticise Christians who do believe that Jesus is God. People come to their beliefs in a variety of ways. And if you believe the myth about 30,000 denominations (and won't educate yourself about it), then it's only fair to allow others to believe their chosen myths too.

I think you are mistaken, this is a debate forum where people are free to debate their beliefs.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Revelation 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Wrong book, bro, wrong book.

What did they change in the prophecy? What did they take out of this book What did they add?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
hat's an impossible question to answer since I do not know the names of all the millions of Christians. As they ALL have differences of opinions on what they think the bible means.
No it's not impossible. Unless you really don't know what you're talking about.

You said, that you've been on inernet forums for 20+ years and that you know that none of them agree on most of their myths. So, prove it. make a list. Over 20 years, you must have observed so so many differences. And that has caused you to believe this silly 30,000 denomination myth.

Come on, make a list. 20 should be easy, if you think there's more that 30,000 denominations and they all disagree.
So you DO see this at least this one of the thousands of faults with this jesus myth. That's a good start.
Oh. There you go. 100's of faults, huh?

Make a list, you should be able to come up with 20 faults easily if there's 1000s. That's at least 2000 faults. 20 should be easy.
I think you are mistaken, this is a debate forum where people are free to debate their beliefs.
Yup. welcome to the debate. Time to put your money where your mouth is.

How many differences can you list between the so called 30,000 different denominations who disagree on almost everything about their myths? o_O

How many faults can you list with he Jesus myth? You say there are 1000s.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, and you're exaggerating, and picking on Christianity cause it somehow makes you feel good.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Wrong book, bro, wrong book.

What did they change in the prophecy? What did they take out of this book What did they add?

On one hand you are right, those verses pertain to just the book of Revelation. But on the other most Christian denominations claim those verses pertains to THE WHOLE BIBLE. being ONE BOOK.

So going all the way back to before you jumped in without completely following the thread of replies, Eddi was trying to add the made up version of the "trinity" and falsely claiming jesus was their "god". Nothing of the sort is claimed in the bible.

It might be a good idea to read ALL the replies between people and not jump into a discussion taking things out of context. Just saying.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The Bible was written by many people with different views. 4 groups wrote in Genesis alone. There is a camp that believes Jesus is God and another that believes Jesus is God's son. There is no coherent idea in the Bible, not with so many authors.
Yes, that's understandable; especially for the writer based on timelines and level of research and knowledge.

Eli G

Yes, that's understandable; especially for the writer based on timelines and level of research and knowledge.
That is false.

Although some years ago critics of the Bible began to speculate about several writers of the book of Genesis (mpre attacks), more recent studies have shown that this theory lacks support, so they once again recognized that the book of Genesis is the work of a single author as was always considered.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
That is false.

Although some years ago critics of the Bible began to speculate about several writers of the book of Genesis (mpre attacks), more recent studies have shown that this theory lacks support, so they once again recognized that the book of Genesis is the work of a single author as was always considered.
There is alot of support for acknowledgement of the Yahwist, Deuteronomist, Priestly and Elohist writers. It answers the contradictory content.

InChrist

Free4ever
the idea is that some believe jesus is god absolute but that can't be the case if god the father is greater than god the son.
Does greater mean different or better? For example, the person who holds the office of President may hold a higher position than you, but does that make them better or something other than a human being? What kind of Son would God the Father have other than a Son who is God as Himself?

Eli G

Does greater mean different or better? For example, the person who holds the office of President may hold a higher position than you, but does that make them better or something other than a human being? What kind of Son would God the Father have other than a Son who is God as Himself?
Why? Is the word GOD a last name? a race?

InChrist

Free4ever
Why? Is the word GOD a last name? a race?
I am not sure, but the scriptures say there is One God and I believe reveal the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three Persons who all possess and exhibit God qualities and attributes. There is one human race with individual persons, so maybe there is One God race/family with three Persons.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That is false.

I was discussing the idea of different authors of different books having slightly different views as timeliness, research, and cultural norms would evolve.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, greater does

Synonyms of greater | Thesaurus.com

This would also agree with why Jesus said to call no man good