• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus paid the bill so that we can have our fill

Akivah

I saw this phrase on one of those roadside church bill boards today. What does it mean about "our fill"? Our fill of what?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I saw this phrase on one of those roadside church bill boards today. What does it mean about "our fill"? Our fill of what?

I don't know. I can only postulate that whoever wrote that, is full of that fill. Whatever that is.

And probably she wishes us to be filled with that too.

Ciao

- viole

Fire_Monkey

What it meant was that Jesus is our Lord and Savior and that he died to atone for our sins so that we can continue to live and enjoy life here on Earth, outside of Hell. Which is, according to the doctrine of Original Sin, where all of mankind belongs. Si it was speaking of having "our fill" of live and happiness and even sin, if we so choose. But that if we repent and accept Him, we can be Saved.

>>>> leave it to an atheist like me to better understand issues on Christianity and religious doctrine than most Christians. As I have yet to see anybody else ansdwer this very simple question correctly. LOL

Ekleipsis

It's one of those snappy-sounding sayings they like to make up

You can sell anything to anybody with a good fake-up

Excuse me while I eat this cakecup

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What it meant was that Jesus is our Lord and Savior and that he died to atone for our sins so that we can continue to live and enjoy life here on Earth, outside of Hell. Which is, according to the doctrine of Original Sin, where all of mankind belongs. Si it was speaking of having "our fill" of live and happiness and even sin, if we so choose. But that if we repent and accept Him, we can be Saved.

>>>> leave it to an atheist like me to better understand issues on Christianity and religious doctrine than most Christians. As I have yet to see anybody else ansdwer this very simple question correctly. LOL

Youre not alone haha

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I think thats an inappriopriate way to suggest a christian will have his benefits from god becauae jesus cleared his sin up with a tab.

The idiom could mean "I had my fill' of this nonsense." Or it could be those christians are taking advantage or christs forgiveness. Which, I see is the case often.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My initial thought is to have our fill of the metaphorical cup that runeth over. Not at all focused on this life in Fire_Monkey's hellbound denomination interpretation of it, but rather the idea of of the everlasting life - an idea based on the ideas from a fire-and-brimstone Southern Baptists, who may put more emphasis on the afterlife just because they are prone to spending so much time condemning everybody else to Hell.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I'll go with our fill of life: everlasting life.
Adam sold us into the Pawn Shop of Death.
In order to get out of there we needed someone from the outside pay the asking price for us.
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another, we need someone who can resurrect us.
According to Scripture, Jesus paid the pawn-shop price so he will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18
Then, we can be filled, so to speak, with everlasting life forever and ever.
Some resurrected to heaven, but most people resurrected back to happy-and-healthy physical life on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was when there will be healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2

whirlingmerc

It's a bit too ambiguous our fill of what? one person may think Jesus took our sin so we can go on sinning
but perhaps the intention is that we would find real satisfaction in God

He loves us as we are but too much to leave us as we are
'I have come that you might have life and have it abundantly'

lostwanderingsoul

Some people think that if Jesus paid for our sins then we can sin as much as we want. But Jesus wants us to do our best to avoid sin. If we try to avoid sin but some times sin anyway then Jesus will pay for that sin but we are not suppossed to just keep on sinning as much as we can.

DavidFirth

To be filled with the Holy Spirit. Obvious if you know anything about the New Testament. Obviously, most people responding do not.