• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' "manhood"...

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hello. I've been a born again Christian for many years now, and try to live my life by God's will. One day me and a friend from my church were discussing the life of Jesus, and at one point it led to the speculation of Jesus' "manhood". No one can question the perfection of Christ, but Robert made the disgusting suggestion that because he is perfect he must be naturally well endowed. However, because lust and sexuality are sinful, and Jesus being sinless he would be asexual. Being childless and celibate He would also have no use for sex organs, so I don't think he would've had such a thing since he is perfect. He is a divine being not an earthy being. Robert got hostile when I suggested this and accused *me* of the one being blasphemous. I don't feel that some one can be a True Christian without fully understanding Our Lord. Any biblical scholars or theologians out there who could clear this up? I'd hate to see a brother in Christ go to hell over their foolish misunderstandings. God Bless!
Did you clear this matter up?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No use for a penis? What did Jesus have, a simple hole where other men have a pee pee?

I heard the
Rabbi made a slight error during the circumcision procedure when he suddenly, without warning , had sneezed.

ajay0

Hello. I've been a born again Christian for many years now, and try to live my life by God's will. One day me and a friend from my church were discussing the life of Jesus, and at one point it led to the speculation of Jesus' "manhood". No one can question the perfection of Christ, but Robert made the disgusting suggestion that because he is perfect he must be naturally well endowed. However, because lust and sexuality are sinful, and Jesus being sinless he would be asexual. Being childless and celibate He would also have no use for sex organs, so I don't think he would've had such a thing since he is perfect. He is a divine being not an earthy being. Robert got hostile when I suggested this and accused *me* of the one being blasphemous. I don't feel that some one can be a True Christian without fully understanding Our Lord. Any biblical scholars or theologians out there who could clear this up? I'd hate to see a brother in Christ go to hell over their foolish misunderstandings. God Bless!

I have studied some biblical literature and is no expert.

But I don't think being physically healthy and being spiritual/religious is mutually exclusive.

From the Hindu point of view, only a physically healthy person can attain enlightenment easily. To the proportion there is ill-health, to that degree it becomes harder to attain self-mastery or enlightenment.

As per Hinduism, the sex energy transmuted through spiritual exercise or meditation becomes spiritual energy or ojas. Similar to the potential energy in stored water in dams becoming electric energy. An impotent person cannot attain enlightenment or be creative.

... sexuality are sinful, and Jesus being sinless he would be asexual. Being childless and celibate He would also have no use for sex organs, so I don't think he would've had such a thing since he is perfect....

I think, if perfect man would have no sex organs, we would not be born with them at all.

But, I would like to know, why do you think sexuality is a sin?