• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' "manhood"...

Hello. I've been a born again Christian for many years now, and try to live my life by God's will. One day me and a friend from my church were discussing the life of Jesus, and at one point it led to the speculation of Jesus' "manhood". No one can question the perfection of Christ, but Robert made the disgusting suggestion that because he is perfect he must be naturally well endowed. However, because lust and sexuality are sinful, and Jesus being sinless he would be asexual. Being childless and celibate He would also have no use for sex organs, so I don't think he would've had such a thing since he is perfect. He is a divine being not an earthy being. Robert got hostile when I suggested this and accused *me* of the one being blasphemous. I don't feel that some one can be a True Christian without fully understanding Our Lord. Any biblical scholars or theologians out there who could clear this up? I'd hate to see a brother in Christ go to hell over their foolish misunderstandings. God Bless!
I could care less about his blank size I care more about why he would create us knowing he would be the only being able to follow all his rules and punish us with hell because we are imperfect

Ellen Brown

Hello. I've been a born again Christian for many years now, and try to live my life by God's will. One day me and a friend from my church were discussing the life of Jesus, and at one point it led to the speculation of Jesus' "manhood". No one can question the perfection of Christ, but Robert made the disgusting suggestion that because he is perfect he must be naturally well endowed. However, because lust and sexuality are sinful, and Jesus being sinless he would be asexual. Being childless and celibate He would also have no use for sex organs, so I don't think he would've had such a thing since he is perfect. He is a divine being not an earthy being. Robert got hostile when I suggested this and accused *me* of the one being blasphemous. I don't feel that some one can be a True Christian without fully understanding Our Lord. Any biblical scholars or theologians out there who could clear this up? I'd hate to see a brother in Christ go to hell over their foolish misunderstandings. God Bless!

Why don't you reveal your denomination? The "sex is evil" line of thought sounds a bit Catholic to me. Not criticizing but allowing yourself to be somewhat known makes communication easier.

Sex is not evil, but allowing it to get outside the boundaries of marriage can cause loads of trouble. And, in this present culture, we are continually lured to it.

QuestioningMind

This is why religion can be so dangerous. It has people believing that sexuality is sinful. It also allows people to believe that perfectly good people can go to hell over a simple misunderstanding. How sad.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
because he is perfect he must be naturally well endowed. However, because lust and sexuality are sinful, and Jesus being sinless he would be asexual.
Fun topic! But how can we tell when a shlong is 'perfect' and when it's merely damn' good?

And where does the bible say sex is sinful? I mean, where does God think humans come from? Is it that [he]'s hip to birds and bees but never read the mammal manual?
Being childless and celibate He would also have no use for sex organs
Where does the bible say he was celibate? Or childless?
He is a divine being not an earthy being.
Mark (the earliest gospel) says he was an ordinary human until God adopted him at his baptism. And if he wasn't an earthy ─ earthly? ─ being, then crucifixion would be no particular bother to him, would it?

Ellen Brown

Fun topic! But how can we tell when a shlong is 'perfect' and when it's merely damn' good?

And where does the bible say sex is sinful? I mean, where does God think humans come from? Is it that [he]'s hip to birds and bees but never read the mammal manual?
Where does the bible say he was celibate? Or childless?
Mark (the earliest gospel) says he was an ordinary human until God adopted him at his baptism. And if he wasn't an earthy ─ earthly? ─ being, then crucifixion would be no particular bother to him, would it?

Indeed. What version of the Bible does your Mark come from?

Faithofchristian

My first question is, As to how or where do you come by that ( Lust ) and ( sexuality )
As being sinful.
My second question is, What does being born again, mean to you. I know what Jesus ment. But what do you think it means?

My third question is, As to how do you know,
if your friend is going to hell or not, Seeing only God knows that, and seeing the judgement of God's, has not happened yet.
For anyone to say, that someone is going to hell, they are over stepping their boundaries, Only God will determine that, at his judgement seat.
Whether a person is going to hell or not.

Seeing God created man and woman to have sex, so they can reproduce ?

There's no sin in looking at a woman, to lust in the desire to have her as your wife or to be with her/ him as a girlfriend or boyfriend.

What Jesus was in the reference to, is when a married man looks at a woman sexually to Lust after her, The man committed Adultry or vice versa.

Adultery pertains to people who are married.
How can a man or woman who are single, commit adultery ?
How else is a man and woman who are single, come together in marriage, if they don't have the desire, lust, for one
another ?

How else would anyone find their mate, that is single, if they did not have the lust the desire, to be with each other ?

So in what your saying, it would be a sin for a man and woman who are single, to lust,desire, for each other, as a boyfriend and girlfriend and then possibly in getting married.

Can you give the book and the chapter and verses to where this is written at in the Bible.

To where it's a sin for a single man and a single woman, to lust after each other.
Where's this written at ?

Last edited:

sealchan

From my research, and I have studied long and hard on this topic, the question of whether or not Jesus had a proper sausage or not depends on a subtle interpretation of...

...and now the news for parrots. No parrots had any sausage today, but Timmie the parrot from Brixton was heard asking for some...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Size isn't everything.

Ellen Brown

The premise that Jesus was an ordinary man until Baptism is an idea that I'd not heard before, and I did not see it represented in the Book of Mark. According to the other Gospels, he seemed rather special when growing up.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The premise that Jesus was an ordinary man until Baptism is an idea that I'd not heard before, and I did not see it represented in the Book of Mark. According to the other Gospels, he seemed rather special when growing up.
First, Psalm 2 (all RSV):
7 I [David] will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my son, today I have begotten you.​
(The same idea is found in 2 Samuel 7:14 and Psalm 89:26, both likewise of David.)

Second, this idea is expressly present in Mark, and if there's any doubt about that, it's set out with greater particularity in Acts 13 ─
32: And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers,
33 this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm,
‘Thou art my Son,
today I have begotten thee.’​
34 And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he spoke in this way, ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’​

Against that Davidian background, Mark begins:

1. The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2. As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, "Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way;
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight─"
4 John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
5 And there went out to him all the country of Judea, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair, and had a leather girdle around his waist, and ate locusts and wild honey.
7 And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
8 I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove;
11 and a voice came from heaven, "Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased."​

So the author of Mark (a) thinks there was nothing special about Jesus' birth (b) says Jesus as a grown man needed to be baptized (makes sense if he's human, not if he's already God's son), (c) says Jesus received the Holy Spirit immediately after his baptism, and (d) expressly invokes the Jewish idea that God adopts his sons / Sons and did so here.

Contrast the Greek notion of divine insemination in the later gospels of Luke and Matthew.

Ellen Brown

First, Psalm 2 (all RSV):
7 I [David] will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my son, today I have begotten you.​
(The same idea is found in 2 Samuel 7:14 and Psalm 89:26, both likewise of David.)

Second, this idea is expressly present in Mark, and if there's any doubt about that, it's set out with greater particularity in Acts 13 ─
32: And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers,
33 this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm,
‘Thou art my Son,
today I have begotten thee.’​
34 And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he spoke in this way, ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’​

Against that Davidian background, Mark begins:

1. The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2. As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, "Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way;
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight─"
4 John the baptizer appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
5 And there went out to him all the country of Judea, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.
6 Now John was clothed with camel's hair, and had a leather girdle around his waist, and ate locusts and wild honey.
7 And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
8 I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove;
11 and a voice came from heaven, "Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased."​

So the author of Mark (a) thinks there was nothing special about Jesus' birth (b) says Jesus as a grown man needed to be baptized (makes sense if he's human, not if he's already God's son), (c) says Jesus received the Holy Spirit immediately after his baptism, and (d) expressly invokes the Jewish idea that God adopts his sons / Sons and did so here.

Contrast the Greek notion of divine insemination in the later gospels of Luke and Matthew.

This seems very odd to me because the whole of my religious experience features this "divine insemination", and the Jews actually speak of his so called illegitimacy in Toledot Yeshu, a Jewish work I just found out about, where they seem bent on discrediting him completely. The Muslims don't see him as divine at all save to say they see him as the Best Prophet. Hmmm, Lots to think about.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This seems very odd to me because the whole of my religious experience features this "divine insemination", and the Jews actually speak of his so called illegitimacy in Toledot Yeshu, a Jewish work I just found out about, where they seem bent on discrediting him completely.
Well, given he was an historical person, he had parents like everyone else, so illegitimacy is a possibility ─ indeed you could argue that the stories in Luke and Matthew are consciously offering an alternative view of unmarried mothers ─ whereas if the author of Mark knows of such an allegation, he doesn't think it matters.
The Muslims don't see him as divine at all save to say they see him as the Best Prophet. Hmmm, Lots to think about.
The version of Jesus in the gospels would half fit the prophet mold. He expressly claims to know God, and to speak for God as an envoy might, but I say half-fit because most prophets don't claim to have one divine parent.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Sex within marriage and specially for the purpose of having children is not considered sin in the Bible.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Well, given he was an historical person, he had parents like everyone else, so illegitimacy is a possibility
I have to wonder about Joseph. Is he the real father and the victim of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome because by the time the gospels were written, having a human father was not working out when trying to deify Jesus? Was someone else the father, perhaps some man posing as an angel to a clueless tween? Joe supposedly wanted to divorce Mary. After Jesus disobeys and runs off to the Temple, we never hear from Joe again. Did he finally throw up his hands and get rid of that family? After all, Jesus has Freudian levels of issues with families in his sermons.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have to wonder about Joseph. Is he the real father and the victim of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome because by the time the gospels were written, having a human father was not working out when trying to deify Jesus? Was someone else the father, perhaps some man posing as an angel to a clueless tween? Joe supposedly wanted to divorce Mary. After Jesus disobeys and runs off to the Temple, we never hear from Joe again. Did he finally throw up his hands and get rid of that family? After all, Jesus has Freudian levels of issues with families in his sermons.
Let me throw in this hypothesis: that the disappearance of / rejection by his father was the direct cause of his need for another Father, a role where he could be a beloved Son at last. That may be relevant to interpreting his constant b*tchsnaps at his ma (Mark 3:31, Mark 6:3, Mark 15:40, Matthew 10:35, Luke 11:27. John 2:3; the only exception being John 19:26). In fact, in Mark 6:4 ('a prophet is not without honor except ... in his own house') he's snarling at his whole goldurn family.

You should ask your friend why does he care so much about his god's privates.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Well, if He managed to stay afloat on water, He must have had big feet, at least.

Ciao

- viole