• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Isn't Returning

muhammad_isa

Yup. We’re constantly being held to higher standards than God. We must love our enemies but apparently God doesn’t.
That is too simplistic.
Almighty God does not love those who plot inequities.

..so it is more a question of why we should love our enemies, and how we put that into action.
eg. feed prisoners of war, and do not mistreat them

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't see a contradiction between having to believe on Christ and God filling the universe.
if god fills the universe then you are a corpuscle in the body of god, or in my father's house their are many mansions. so the idea is indwelling not outisde dwelling.

dualism is a delusion

monism is john 14:20

god is omnipresent, pantheistic, hylozoistic

john 1:3

3 "Through" him all things were made; "without" him nothing was made that has been made.

Redemptionsong

Yup. We’re constantly being held to higher standards than God. We must love our enemies but apparently God doesn’t.
Let's not turn scripture on its head! God's standards are fixed and unwavering.

Jesus said, 'there is none good but one, that is, God'.

Deuteronomy 32:4. 'He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he'.

God does not expect the lost to demonstrate righteousness. He offers mercy to the lost in order that they might avoid the judgment to come. A few will heed his offer, and repent, but many will carry on blindly, thinking that all will be well when their sinful lives end, and judgement occurs.

God doesn't force anyone to love his neighbour. But the Son lays down his life for his friends, and says, Follow me!

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
if god fills the universe then you are a corpuscle in the body of god, or in my father's house their are many mansions. so the idea is indwelling not outisde dwelling.

dualism is a delusion

monism is john 14:20

god is omnipresent, pantheistic, hylozoistic

john 1:3

3 "Through" him all things were made; "without" him nothing was made that has been made.
So you just ignore the hundreds of verses saying you have to believe to be saved or have the Spirit?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus isn't coming back because his Spirit, his being, is already here in all of us? The spiritually dead just don't recognize/understand that per

Matthew 28:20 and John 14:20

That loving Spirit hasn't gone anywhere?

I believe He will return physically. God is not limited to a body, so yes Jesus is everywhere as well as in the body.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As God "within" us. ;-)

Understanding scripture as metaphor or in psychological terms does muddy the water, but it removes much of the contradiction and adds necessary depth to those who want to actually taste the fermented fruit of the cross (the Tree of Life and Death) and not just worship it.

I believe I can say no thanks. The world may wish to crucify me but I am not volunteering for it. However I realize that by being in the light, I become a target.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe He will return physically. God is not limited to a body, so yes Jesus is everywhere as well as in the body.
No he isn't. God doesn't play favorites. God doesn't have double standards because double standards are an abomination to god

Proverbs 20;23

Muffled

Jesus in me
No he isn't. God doesn't play favorites. God doesn't have double standards because double standards are an abomination to god

Proverbs 20;23

I believe I have no clue about what you are saying. I know of no double standard in the return of Jesus.