• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Isn't Returning

muhammad_isa

Christ is always present
I think that you are confused.
The Holy Spirit can be within us .. God can be with us.

..and regards Jesus' return..

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

- Revelation 20 -

This confirms the prophecy in Daniel.
..and as far as I'm aware, this has not happened yet.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Jesus isn't coming back because his Spirit, his being, is already here in all of us? The spiritually dead just don't recognize/understand that per

Matthew 28:20 and John 14:20

That loving Spirit hasn't gone anywhere?

Yes, the Holy Spirit indwells believers.

No, there are thousands of verses in both testaments about the Lord's Return, including a new Temple at Jerusalem, Armageddon and Antichrist.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

You said that you didn’t believe Christ would return, which is your interpretation of scripture. Revelation states that no man knows the true meanings of the books except the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

So I was just pointing out that saying Christ won’t return is an individual interpretation which Revelation does not support. The only One Who truly can unseal the meaning of the books is the Lion of Judah not you or I or anyone in heaven or earth.

So biblical interpretations by individuals I take with a grain of salt as they have been a cause of deep division. The Lion on the other hand, only His interpretations are authoritative and infallible.

Hope this clears up my previous answer,

christ doesn't come and go even if people ignore that it isn't one single person.

john 21:15 refers to lambs. that word is only used in conjunction to referencing christ as the lamb = the greek "arnion".

the revelation is about discovering what is within you, that is why the reference is made in general to the one who reads and understand.

NEXT-----

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, l agree that a resurrected body is a glorified body, as you say.

But, as we see from the context, the 'spirit' spoken about in Luke is a ghost, and is not a reference to a glorified spiritual body. A resurrected person has been changed from corruption to incorruption, or from mortality to immortality. This is the same as saying that a person has been changed from natural to spiritual. Paul uses all these expressions in 1 Corinthians 15.

Interestingly, when Jesus raised the dead during his ministry, such as his friend Lazarus, there was no such spiritual glorification of the body. In such cases, the body remained corruptible. Lazarus would have died at a later date, and then his soul would have descended into the grave (to Abraham's bosom) to await the first resurrection, when Christ returns to gather his faithful (also termed 'the rapture').

a resurrected body is simply a reincarnated spirit that has taken on another sojourn in the earthly experience.

a spirit doesn't have a need for an earthly/carnal body. bodies are associated with earthly experiences. you're confusing a beast with an ethereal being. ethereal beings don't take anthropomorphic forms unless taking possession of an earthly body

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I think that you are confused.
The Holy Spirit can be within us .. God can be with us.

..and regards Jesus' return..

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

- Revelation 20 -

This confirms the prophecy in Daniel.
..and as far as I'm aware, this has not happened yet.

that doesn't say jesus is the angel in any of those verses for a reason. otherwise it would have been explicit and stated the angel's name. jesus spoke the truth, was a prophet. prophet's are messengers. they are not things to be worshiped

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Jesus isn't coming back because his Spirit, his being, is already here in all of us? The spiritually dead just don't recognize/understand that per

I think he will:

Acts 1:10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, the Holy Spirit indwells believers.

No, there are thousands of verses in both testaments about the Lord's Return, including a new Temple at Jerusalem, Armageddon and Antichrist.
the body is the temple of the holy spirit.

jesus isn't coming. but somebody is

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I think he will:

Acts 1:10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

so he's coming to get you but you will be where he is. doesn't sound like anyone is going anywhere necessarily except maybe in their own position of thought. change the mind/spirit you change the view/space.

doesn't sound like he's taking anyone anywhere except where he already is. love can move a mountain of flesh and some still can't see it

see you here

Kenny

Premium Member
so he's coming to get you but you will be where he is. doesn't sound like anyone is going anywhere necessarily except maybe in their own position of thought. change the mind/spirit you change the view/space.

doesn't sound like he's taking anyone anywhere except where he already is. love can move a mountain of flesh and some still can't see it

see you here
It is a perspective. But when I take the whole of the story, I find he will be actually setting up shop in Jerusalem.

But that wasn't your point. You said he wasn't coming back but specifically it says he will.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is a perspective. But when I take the whole of the story, I find he will be actually setting up shop in Jerusalem.

But that wasn't your point. You said he wasn't coming back but specifically it says he will.
the spirit of love isn't unique to a person. the spirit comes, is always coming. it is a teacher's duty to bring the students to the same realization as the teacher's. Otherwise the teacher fails. The teacher doesn't teach a student to be co-dependent on anyone. this is why jesus called his disciples friend at the end. friends are equals. they aren't subordinates.

john 21:15

Messianic Israelite

Hi Fool. Good afternoon. The scriptures that you have quoted don't prove your point. A few scriptures that you need to consider. John 14:2-4 says "2 In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go, ye know the way."

Mark 13 says ". 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send forth the angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven."

Acts 1 says " 9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him [Yahshua] out of their sight. 10 And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Yahshua, who was received up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven."

You cannot relegate Yahshua to simply a loving Spirit. Yahshua will return to this earth to establish Yahweh's Kingdom on this earth. He will come with the clouds of heaven. Yahshua is Spirit, yes. A Spirit being that can take physical, human form if he wants to, as he did with Thomas when he put his hands in his wounds. Yahshua's glorified body is described in Revelation 1 (eyes of fire, a voice as many waters, feet as burnished brass etc).

Redemptionsong

a resurrected body is simply a reincarnated spirit that has taken on another sojourn in the earthly experience.

a spirit doesn't have a need for an earthly/carnal body. bodies are associated with earthly experiences. you're confusing a beast with an ethereal being. ethereal beings don't take anthropomorphic forms unless taking possession of an earthly body
To my understanding, the first resurrection has yet to occur. Christ was the firstfruits of the harvest, but the harvest has yet to be gathered.

People are not reincarnated, at least not according to the scriptures!
Hebrews 9:27. 'And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment;'

If a spirit impersonates the dead, suggesting reincarnation, then one can be sure that it's an evil spirit possessing a man.

It's also very debatable as to whether 'ethereal' (celestial) beings cannot take anthropomorphic form, given that angels can appear amongst men without being recognized as angels!

Hebrews 13:2. 'Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares'.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hi Fool. Good afternoon. The scriptures that you have quoted don't prove your point. A few scriptures that you need to consider. John 14:2-4 says "2 In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go, ye know the way."

Mark 13 says ". 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send forth the angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven."

Acts 1 says " 9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him [Yahshua] out of their sight. 10 And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Yahshua, who was received up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven."

You cannot relegate Yahshua to simply a loving Spirit. Yahshua will return to this earth to establish Yahweh's Kingdom on this earth. He will come with the clouds of heaven. Yahshua is Spirit, yes. A Spirit being that can take physical, human form if he wants to, as he did with Thomas when he put his hands in his wounds. Yahshua's glorified body is described in Revelation 1 (eyes of fire, a voice as many waters, feet as burnished brass etc).

john 14:2 and john 14:23 use the same term mansion in one instance abode in another.

1. metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers
this applies to indwelling believers, monists. not outside dualists

Kenny

Premium Member
the spirit of love isn't unique to a person. the spirit comes, is always coming. it is a teacher's duty to bring the students to the same realization as the teacher's. Otherwise the teacher fails. The teacher doesn't teach a student to be co-dependent on anyone. this is why jesus called his disciples friend at the end. friends are equals. they aren't subordinates.

john 21:15
I agree wholeheartedly with much of the above statements. I'm not quite sure how it relates to the statement Jesus said and the two angels... I would also say we are completely dependent of Jesus as we are the branches and he is the vine.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I agree wholeheartedly with much of the above statements. I'm not quite sure how it relates to the statement Jesus said and the two angels... I would also say we are completely dependent of Jesus as we are the branches and he is the vine.
not a problem as adam he was the first man as melchizedek he was the first fully realized christ

hebrews 7:3

muhammad_isa

Yes.
..and the signs that it will happen soon have occurred.
Skyscrapers worldwide, and increasing climate-change disasters,
and increasing frequency of pandemics.

Almighty God is wise .. He does what He wills.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Yeah like you haven't been pushing "your" interpretation and belief. John 14:20 has nothing to do with belief. The spirit of god is pantheistic. Isaiah 66:1 tell u that God fills the heaven's and earth. Jeremiah 23:24 also.
I don't see a contradiction between having to believe on Christ and God filling the universe.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Can’t return if you can’t leave and omnipresent people can’t leave.