• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus isn't Jewish

sooda

Veteran Member
Jesus was Galilean.

Who were the "Galileans" in the Days of Jesus? - Travelujah

Whether it had been Jewish migrants from Judea or a Galilean peasantry forcibly converted to Judaism that ultimately became the “Galileans” of Jesus’ day, one thing seems reasonably clear: they were considered different in many respects from Jews living farther to the south, closer to Jerusalem.

Sargon 2 had settled 4 Arab tribes in Samaria in 700 BC so the Jews from Judea considered the Samarians and Galileans half breeds, fake Jews and Helenized.. And, they were more prosperous than in the South .. in Judea.

Of course the cities of the Decapolis was Greek.

Palestine-Map-Perea-Decapolis.png

A Vestigial Mote

If you have Christian parents does that automatically make you a Christian?
Until you're old enough (not that I have any idea when this is - probably differs for everyone) to begin thinking for yourself in this arena, the answer is "most likely, yes." It really is as simple as that. I mean, I know you want to paint it some other way for the sake of saying that kids make a choice - but it just isn't the same as adults "making a choice."

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus very much was Jewish, plus he said that he "came only for the Jews" at first. It was only later that he added Gentiles.
When did he add gentiles? Have a verse?

Actually gentiles isn't the correct word, as it could include jews, (ethnesin
Romans 2:24

As far as I know, he said 'Israel'.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Look, if you are simply going to ignore the very real, and very extant, cultural phenomenon that people born of a jewish mother are considered jewish (in context of cultural ethnicity), then really there is nothing much to be said.

It's a bit like pretending catholics aren't christians because they don't share protestant beliefs.
If you are going to argue from your very own, very personal, definition of what the word "jewish" means, then obviously you will be disagreeing with everybody else, who understands that words aren't defined by individuals based on their personal opinions.

You can define the word "table" to mean "chair" all you want, but it will just end up confusing conversation when conversing with people who go by the dictionary definition.
Why don't you explain how 'before Abraham', means 'Jewish'.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Jeremiah 4:4 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
4 Circumcise yourselves to the Lord and take away the foreskins of your hearts, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, lest My wrath go forth like fire [consuming all that gets in its way] and burn so that no one can quench it because of the evil of your doings.

Definitely Jewish.
Jesus didn't write the book of Romans, and the verse is in context, ie it is referring to the practice of circumcision, (jewish practice.
The context is to not practice circumcision,

So, no correlation there.

The correlation could be that Jesus didn't practice circumcision. Only The book of Luke mentions that about yeshua, and the book of Acts is a bizarre hodge podge.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

'Before Abraham, I AM'.

~Jesus

If you believe that Jesus is 'Jewish', then how can that be, since either way one interprets this verse, it's 'before Abraham'.

Discuss and debate

Seeing that you have no clue or idea what that verse is in reference to.
What it means is that God was before all things existed.
Therefore Jesus Christ was before Abraham.
As Jesus was in reference to the Jews, that he is the Promise Messiah before Abraham was.
Even before this world came into existence. Jesus Christ was before all things and all things were created by him and for him.

Faithofchristian

Jesus didn't write the book of Romans, and the verse is in context, ie it is referring to the practice of circumcision, (jewish practice.
The context is to not practice circumcision,

So, no correlation there.

The correlation could be that Jesus didn't practice circumcision. Only The book of Luke mentions that about yeshua, and the book of Acts is a bizarre hodge podge.

All Scriptures were given by God, Jesus Christ, therefore this includes the book of Romans.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Seeing that you have no clue or idea what that verse is in reference to.
What it means is that God was before all things existed.
Therefore Jesus Christ was before Abraham.
As Jesus was in reference to the Jews, that he is the Promise Messiah before Abraham was.
Even before this world came into existence. Jesus Christ was before all things and all things were created by him and for him.
Thusly not jewish. [Before Abraham

All Scriptures were given by God, Jesus Christ, therefore this includes the book of Romans.
Therefore JESUS is telling us not to practice circumcision.(a jewish custom

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
OK.. Who were they?
Apostle John lived on Patmos, wrote G-John circa 100-115CE, Met with Ireneaus (or so he said), and clearly never knew where to place the collection of reports, stories and anecdotes in an accurate timeline........ so he was no witness, nor did he ever meety with Jesus.

Disciple John, Johannan BarZebedee was a Capernaum fisherman working under his father, and was a disciple of Jesus, as was his bother Andrew. He chearly had a tough father and a pushy mother! :D

Riders

Jesus wasn't a jew or was note sure but he was also Egyptian which is where I think he got some of his mystical thinking.

Terry Sampson

When did he add gentiles? Have a verse? Actually gentiles isn't the correct word, as it could include jews, (ethnesin

Those of us Christians who accept the canonical Christian scriptures cite:
  • Matthew 28:16 "But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
    • Screenshot_2019-10-09 Matthew 28 19.png
  • Mark:14 "Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."
    • Screenshot_2019-10-09 Mark 16 Interlinear Bible.png
  • Luke 24:44 "Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem."
    • Screenshot_2019-10-09 Luke 24 47.png
  • Acts:1 "The first account I composed, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2 until the day when He was taken up to heaven, after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom He had chosen. 3 To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God. 4 Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” He said, “you heard of from Me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; 8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” 9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
    • Screenshot_2019-10-09 Acts 1 8  B.png

• Screenshot_2019-10-09 Acts 1 8.png

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus wasn't a jew or was note sure but he was also Egyptian which is where I think he got some of his mystical thinking.

Mysticism varies, so , agreed one would always be noting that.

[One might say that Egypt is generally involved in mystic ideas concerning that. I would say that.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When did he add gentiles? Have a verse?

Those of us Christians who accept the canonical Christian scriptures cite:
  • Matthew 28:16 "But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Thank you, TS.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
'Before Abraham, I AM'.

~Jesus

If you believe that Jesus is 'Jewish', then how can that be, since either way one interprets this verse, it's 'before Abraham'.

Discuss and debate

And what happened at I AM?

Ciao

- viole