• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is God?

I actually am just the opposite, I don't get my information from God because me like probably everyone else has blasphemed God. 1st, in Genesis many people assume the serpent is the devil but it never actually tells us that. 2nd, I don't hear from God but I don't need to I study and know what I'm talking about. Test me, I'll answer any questions you have. There seems to me a very good chance most of the people in the bible weren't real people but symbols of people. I don't you know about the prophecy Jacob gave about his sons but Jesus would have represented the last generation of true children of god. Except it was either not the word of God or the entire book was written a very long time ago.

TrueBeliever37

There actually is not a single verse that says Jesus is God.

I guess in a way you are right - there isn't just one verse, there are many that let you know the Messiah was God.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, THY THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND EVER:

John 2:19-21 The Messiah said - Destroy this temple (speaking of his body), and in three days I will raise it up. Only God could raise up the body.

Isaiah 9:6 The son to be born would also be the Mighty God, and the Everlasting Father.

John 20:28 Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

There are more, but this is enough to prove the point.

TrueBeliever37

Muffled,

Please explain if there is a Trinity, which person gets to sit on the throne.

Does one get to sit on the throne, and the other 2 wait for their turn?
or
Do they all sit side by side on a wide seat?
or
Does one sit on the throne, and the other 2 never get to sit on the throne?
or
Is there some other option I haven't mentioned?
or
Are there 3 thrones?

If there are 3 thrones: Is each person that sits on the throne just a part of God or are they completely God as an individual?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muffled,

Please explain if there is a Trinity, which person gets to sit on the throne.

Does one get to sit on the throne, and the other 2 wait for their turn?
or
Do they all sit side by side on a wide seat?
or
Does one sit on the throne, and the other 2 never get to sit on the throne?
or
Is there some other option I haven't mentioned?
or
Are there 3 thrones?

If there are 3 thrones: Is each person that sits on the throne just a part of God or are they completely God as an individual?

I believe on earth that would be Jesus and in Heaven the Father.

I believe not.

Revelation says that the lamb (jesus) sits in the middle of the throne and God also sits on the throne. I believe since Jesus is God it means the same thing.

I do not believe so.

I believe there are only the two I mentioned.

I believe God is one and not in parts. What can be said of one can be said of the other two as well in relation to godly things. As far as earthly things Jesus takes the preeminence.

TrueBeliever37

I believe on earth that would be Jesus and in Heaven the Father.

I believe not.

Revelation says that the lamb (jesus) sits in the middle of the throne and God also sits on the throne. I believe since Jesus is God it means the same thing.

I do not believe so.

I believe there are only the two I mentioned.

I believe God is one and not in parts. What can be said of one can be said of the other two as well in relation to godly things. As far as earthly things Jesus takes the preeminence.

I am having a hard time following your answers. I think in the red - you are saying there are 2 thrones right?

1st you said on earth it is Jesus, and in Heaven it is the Father, but then you say in Blue that both are on the throne.

Please explain your views a little more clearly for me.

Faithofchristian

Is the world at peace right now? Has it ever been since the coming of Jesus? There are many reasons Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah. I'm not going to go into all of them now but I will make a couple points. I think the biggest one is that the messiach will mark the coming of Ein Sof, the healing of the world, where nation shall not fight against nation, swords shall be beaten into plowshares, etc.

Another sticking point is the whole idea of the divinity of jesus and the necessity to believe in him as such to be 'saved' from some kind of hell. Personally, that whole concept does not make much sense to me. Judaism does not compel any particular belief in the hopes of future reward. I try to do good for the sake of bringing myself closer to HaShem in this life, to do my part in making this world a better place.

I do not deny that Jesus was not a good person, and I could possibly be convinced of his prophethood, but I can't be convinced in his divinity or his claims to being messiach.

There is one good reason why some Jews do not accept Jesus as the Messiah. and why some Jews do accept Jesus as the Messiah.

If you study the old testament and the new testament, you will find the good fig and the bad fig. Which at the time while Jesus was here on earth, Jesus curse the bad fig.

The question is, Who is the good fig? and who is the bad fig?

Unto which you also have the good Christians and the bad Christians.
The question is, How do you tell them apart?
With the same question, How would you tell the good fig, From the bad fig?

The Answer to all of this, Lays within the Pages of the Scriptures ( Bible )

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am having a hard time following your answers. I think in the red - you are saying there are 2 thrones right?

1st you said on earth it is Jesus, and in Heaven it is the Father, but then you say in Blue that both are on the throne.

Please explain your views a little more clearly for me.

I believe you are correct. The throne on earth is a physical throne and the physical Jesus sits on it. The throne in Heaven is the mental image of a throne and nothing physical sits on it.

Jesus is depicted as sitting on that throne but since He is not physically sitting on it then only that which is spiritual sits on it and that is the Father.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Jews don't deny God they deny that Jesus was the Messiah because he didn't fulfill their prophecies and expectations, to them he failed.

Jerusalem was taken over by the same nation the Messiah was supposed to establish a Kingdom over and it doesn't have anything to do with rejecting or accepting Jesus, would have happened no matter what, Rome was too mighty.

The Jewish Messiah was and is to be FULLY human and no prophecy about him being God or His son exists.

They are not going to accept your religion because you say it is the only religion, they have their covenant and it is eternal.

i believe you need to re-read what I said. From the Christian perspective both Jews and Muslims deny God in Jesus and therefore deny God. It is the same for those Christians who deny that God is speaking in the Qu'ran. Fortunately it is a forgivable sin.

I believe that is where they missed it. The kingdom is not physical as one having boundaries but exists in each believer. I am a subject in this kingdom. All the Dispersion did was cause Christianity to spread all over the known world.

I believe the evidence is to the contrary.

I believe many act contrary to God's will but some will see the light.

TrueBeliever37

I believe you are correct. The throne on earth is a physical throne and the physical Jesus sits on it. The throne in Heaven is the mental image of a throne and nothing physical sits on it.

Jesus is depicted as sitting on that throne but since He is not physically sitting on it then only that which is spiritual sits on it and that is the Father.

1. Where is this throne on earth that you are talking about?

2. Who is the one sitting on the throne in Revelation 21:5-7 ?

3. Are you saying when the Messiah ascended to heaven, that he no longer gets to sit on the throne? Also, when did he ever get to sit on one here on earth?

4. If there are 2 thrones in 2 different locations, with 2 different individuals that are both God sitting on them, doesn't that seem to be more than one God to you?

Muffled

Jesus in me
1. Where is this throne on earth that you are talking about?

2. Who is the one sitting on the throne in Revelation 21:5-7 ?

3. Are you saying when the Messiah ascended to heaven, that he no longer gets to sit on the throne? Also, when did he ever get to sit on one here on earth?

4. If there are 2 thrones in 2 different locations, with 2 different individuals that are both God sitting on them, doesn't that seem to be more than one God to you?

1. I believe it is in the New Jerusalem.

2. I believe that is the physical Jesus.

3. He wasn't sitting on one when He was on earth during His first coming so why would he continue to do something He never did? I believe the answer to that is that it has not occurred yet butit will when He comes again.

4. I believe your premises are false so your conclusion is false also. First premise that there are two individuals is false. The second premise is true but since the two are one it does not pose a problem of more than one God.