1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Jesus is Coming

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Fool, Sep 5, 2020.

1. The Anointed

The Anointed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +303
    Religion:
    biblical believer
    Parrots can be taught to repeat that which they hear, but apparently they cannot be taught to add
    Enoch, who ascended into heaven and was anointed as the heir and succor to the Throne of the Most High in the creation, who was then 'The Lord of creatures' is the only man to have descended from heaven, and appeared to Abraham as the "SON OF MAN,' the Most High in the creation and chosen as his God.

Elijah, who like Enoch, was also taken up, and who, like Enoch, who was in the valley of man For three days before revealing himself in the body of his servant 'Jesus' has now been in the valley of man for almost three days also, and is to appear immediately before the Great day of God's wrath, the great tribulation that precedes the One thousand years Sabbath.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, and all the saints including Samuel, whose rest, was disturbed by King Saul, although having been made dead in the flesh, still live as they await the Great day, when the Son of Man appears and divides the sheep from the goats (Matthew 25: 31-46.) when all those in the world of hades shall stand before the Judgement throne, the sheep to be resurrected to everlasting life in their new glorified heavenly bodies as spoken of by Paul, while the goats, who are under God's curse, are sent away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels, which for those under God's curse, is the second death (The death of the minds) that had developed within the physical bodies that had been returned to the elements from which they had been created.

Isaiah 57: 1-2; Good people die, and no one understands of even cares. But when they (Good People) die, no calamity can hurt them. Those who lead GOOD LIVES find peace and rest in death.

Although the JW's Preach that the spirits/minds of the unrighteous find peace and rest in death also.

They (The Unrighteous) are said to be asleep in death, but they will find no peace and rest in death. O, the nightmares and mental anguish they must suffer, remembering all the wicked deeds that they had committed against their fellowman, such as those of the rich man, who watched the beggar Lazarus die of starvation, as they await the great unknown.

#121 The Anointed, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,807
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    You just hit the nail on the head.
    Some are, some aren't.

3. Mitty

Mitty Active Member

Ratings:
    +129
    So why do you just parrot, and why can't you do simple arithmetic and tell us why the biblical writers changed the life span for Noah's grandfather from 970 "years" to 969 "years"?

4. Mitty

Mitty Active Member

Ratings:
    +129
    OK, and that's presumably why Thomas Jefferson edited the bible. Jefferson Bible - Wikipedia

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. The Anointed

Ratings:
    +303
    Religion:
    biblical believer
    Poly want a cracker.

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg One Planet One People Please
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,646
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    It is telling us where and the way Christ will come at the end of ages and what name we will know Christ as.

The Key to understanding this verse is that the Gate is the translation of the Bab and the Glory of God is the translation of Baha'u'llah.

Thus Baha'u'llah came by the way of the Bab and that was to the East, in Persia. From Persia other prophecies were fulfilled so the Baha'u'llah came to Mt Carmel, that would also witness the Glory of God. Also Elijah always comes first.

Regards Tony

7. The Anointed

Ratings:
    +303
    Religion:
    biblical believer
    Well Tony, you are entitled to believe whatever you wish, even though it is so far removed from the truth as revealed in the Holy Scriptures as 'The Bab' is removed from Christ our savior.

Look at the thickness of the walls of the temple from which the Lord will rule the whole world with Justice, after he defeats the surrounding nations who would drive his chosen children into the sea, by confusing them and causing them to turn their weapons of destruction on their own allies, whose eyes, tongues and soft tissue will melt in their sockets, and their flesh will slide from their bones while they are still standing. See Zechariah 14: 12-15.

The Dazzling Light in the centre of the temple, the water from the Dead Sea that passes through the temple coming out as clear fresh water, free of the heavy metal content in the Dead sea, the cotton clothing of the attendants of the Lord, which contaminated clothing must be removed before going out among the people, in order that the people will not become sick, by means of that clothing, etc, etc.

If not for the intervention of the Lord in those coming days, no flesh would survive. I don't know if praying to the God of your prophet will save you. but, who knows.

#127 The Anointed, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  8. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,646
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Praying to our One God sure will help us.

Regards Tony

9. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,646
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I see they are One and the same.

Regards Tony

10. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,361
    Religion:
    atheist
    You did show two issues.

You did not show any solutions by Baha'u'llah. Instead you posted some concerns voiced by a ‘Abdu’l-Bahá.

11. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,361
    Religion:
    atheist
    What does figuratively true mean?

I know what "true" means.
    I know what "literally true" means.
    Here's what Google has to say about figuratively true:
    Figuratively is more imaginative, it's used when you mean something didn't really happen. It's metaphorical...

IOW Not really true.

Hence my question - Who decides.

Weren't the various and sundry creed books created because of the differing interpretations.

12. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,361
    Religion:
    atheist
    Is it really necessary for your omnipotent God to confuse His enemies and cause them to turn their horrible weapons on each other?

Is it really necessary to make eyes, tongues and soft tissue melt in their sockets, and have their flesh slide from their bones while they are still standing?

Can't your omnipotent God just zap all the bad people into oblivion?

Or is your God just a sadistic entity who enjoys seeing eyes melt in their sockets?

13. The Anointed

Ratings:
    +303
    Religion:
    biblical believer
    Ask the Lord God our savior, who intervenes in that war to end all wars, for if not, then no flesh at all would survive.

ecco wrote....... Can't your omnipotent God just zap all the bad people into oblivion?

Yes he can and he does, after the great Sabbath when the heavenly fire as prophesied by Zephaniah, has incinerated all physical life forms on this planet, when according to Matthew 25: 31; The Son of Man. separates the righteous spirits (The Sheep on his right) from the unrighteous spirits (The Goat on his left). Those on his right receive heavenly bodies and are given Life everlasting, those on his left are cast into the eternal fire where those wicked minds=spirits are removed from the immortal soul, just as a mosquito is zapped into total oblivion when it flies into a bug zapper. No more pain, no more suffering, just eternal oblivion.

The first death is that of the body, the second death is that of the mind/spirit.

Revelation 21: 8; But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

Matthew 25: 41; “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me.’

Zephaniah 1: 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.

#133 The Anointed, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  14. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,361
    Religion:
    atheist
    How sad to hold such beliefs.

15. Nova2216

Nova2216 Active Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Religion:
    Christian
    Can you show me all that in the bible?

Or do you need another book?

Deut. 4:2 / 1Cor.4:6

16. Nova2216

Nova2216 Active Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Religion:
    Christian
    Depends if you're on the right or left on judgment day.

17. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,646
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    It can all be seen in the Bible, using naught but Bible Passages, but it does require a knowledge of the Spirit of Truth, that Jesus said would guide us unto all truth.

I can then rightly ask, can you show Jesus the Christ in the Tanakh without using the New Testament Message, or would you need to have accepted Jesus Message to see and show?

Or another challenge about adding to the words in the Bible, can you show a Trinity in the Bible, without using men's explanations, that are additional to the Biblical text?

Regards Tony

18. The Anointed

Ratings:
    +303
    Religion:
    biblical believer
    Here you are Tony, just a few of many from the Tanakh, that refer to the Christ of the New Testament.

Psalms 2: 7-9; “I will announce,” says the king, “what the LORD has declared. He said to me: ‘YOU ARE MY SON TODAY I HAVE BECOME YOU FATHER. 8Ask, and I will give you all the nations; THE WHOLE EARTH WILL BE YOURS. 9 You will break them with an iron rod; you will shatter them in pieces like a clay pot.’ ”

Hebrews 5: 5; In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being a High Priest, instead God said to him; "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father."

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our savior) has fixed a day in which he will judge the 'WHOLE WORLD' with Justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. he has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

Psalms 8: 4-6; "What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the 'SON OF MAN', that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

See Hebrews 1: 4-6; The Son was made greater than the angels, just as the name that God gave him is greater than theirs. For God never said to any of his angels: “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”
    Nor did God say about any angel, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.” But when God was about to send his firstborn Son into the world, he said: “All God's angels must worship him.”

Psalms 16: 9-10; And so I am thankful and glad, and I feel completely secure, 10 because you protect me from the power of death. I have served you faithfully, and you will not abandon me to the world of the dead.

Acts 2: 29-34; “My fellow-Israelites, I must speak to you plainly about our famous ancestor King David. He died and was buried, and his grave is here with us to this very day. 30He was a prophet, and he knew what God had promised him: God had made a vow that he would make one of David's descendants a king, just as David was. 31David saw what God was going to do in the future, and so he spoke about the resurrection of the Messiah when he said: ‘He was not abandoned in the world of the dead; his body did not rot in the grave.’ 32 God has raised this very Jesus from death, and we are all witnesses to this fact. He has been raised to the right-hand side of God, his Father, and has received from him the Holy Spirit, as he had promised. What you now see and hear is his gift that he has poured out on us. For it was not David who went up into heaven, etc.

Psalms 22: 1; "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me,"

Matthew 27: 45-46; At noon the whole country was covered with darkness, which lasted for three hours. At about three o'clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why did you abandon me?”

Psalms 22: 18; "They gamble for my clothes and divide them among themselves.

Mark 15: 24; Then they crucified him and divided his clothes among themselves, throwing dice to see who would get which piece of clothing.

Catch ya later Tony.

#138 The Anointed, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  19. Mitty

Mitty Active Member

Ratings:
    +129
    In other words Psalm 2:7-9 says that David was his god's begotten son, given that David was a king and that it is written in the first person and in the past and present tense.

#139 Mitty, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  20. The Anointed

Ratings:
    +303
    Religion:
    biblical believer
    Do you want to live in a world where only the righteous are allowed to enter? Where every one cares for their neighbor, and would never think of doing something to you, that they would not want done to themselves?