• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is actually a demigod, born by a God and a human.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why do a number of people consider Jesus a God, when he's actually a demigod?

Demigods were not unusual at the time given ancient Greek and Roman stories had a number of them.

Jesus can't have been God anyways in light that that he was the offspring from a human merger between God and Mary producing Jesus.

Agree/disagree?

Aldrnari

If Jesus were a demi-god like Hercules, would that make him...

719.jpg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It's less a birth (by human understanding) than an incarnation, God taking human form. There's a precedent in Hinduism: Rama, Krishna and Kalki (yet to come). All three are Vishnu taking human birth through a fully human parent, though not by human conception. It's a transcendental conception... no DNA involved. In fact, in the Bhagavata Purana Canto X, the newborn Krishna shows himself to his parents in his four-armed divine form to talk with them about all this. To Catholics and Eastern Orthodox (I can't speak about other Christian denominations), Jesus is fully God and fully human, as are Rama, Krishna and Kalki to Hindus.

socharlie

Demigods were not unusual at the time given ancient Greek and Roman stories had a number of them.

Jesus can't have been God anyways in light that that he was the offspring from a human merger between God and Mary producing Jesus.

Agree/disagree?
Not God, man. Christ is God.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Agree/disagree?
Yeshua is an Avatar/Elohim/Elder... There is only one God Most High, that manifests reality at a quantum level.

Demigods is a misplaced label for Avatars, Elohim... These are the beings that coded this reality; yet are still made manifest by the CPU.

In my opinion
. :innocent:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Agree/disagree?
Disagree... the body was just a created encasing. He wasn't a merger between God and Mary as no union was required for God to create... Mary was just a vehicle for God to come into the world legally.

David T

Premium Member
If Jesus were a demi-god like Hercules, would that make him...

719.jpg
Omg. Interestingly there is this whole body builder section in Christianity. Like the MMA with jesus crew. I think MMA is right.

David T

Premium Member

Agree/disagree?
I vote THOR. obviously there is regeneration powers there and his father Anthony Hopkins is involved. Also we can see a female follower is involved and I don't think THOR actually sleeps with her, although the French totally disagree, according to Davinci code. Since THOR is part of my last name and David is my first name, that makes me heir apparent, which means LOKI is running the show, except he is a little old man that rides a klr650 in the woods of oregon, plays guitar for a hobby, and really doesn't care to be in charge. Slacker.

Disclaimer:
I also realize some will claim word salad because we'll the Davinci code is totally not about THOR at all. And get upset that I am mocking their position on this topic, which is scientific based. To them at least.
v1.jpg

David T

Premium Member
Just ignore what Christians say. Its whatever the peanut gallery says that matters.
That's a fact and a sad one at that!!!! In a culture where science and religion agree nature is a nothing but a dead vehicle for the human intellect to manipulate we end up with nonsense thus!!!

I am sticking with THOR.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
Disagree... the body was just a created encasing. He wasn't a merger between God and Mary as no union was required for God to create... Mary was just a vehicle for God to come into the world legally.
What she a Chevy or a Ford?, was she a 4x4 or sedan? Front wheel drive rear wheel drive?

David T

Premium Member
It's less a birth (by human understanding) than an incarnation, God taking human form. There's a precedent in Hinduism: Rama, Krishna and Kalki (yet to come). All three are Vishnu taking human birth through a fully human parent, though not by human conception. It's a transcendental conception... no DNA involved. In fact, in the Bhagavata Purana Canto X, the newborn Krishna shows himself to his parents in his four-armed divine form to talk with them about all this. To Catholics and Eastern Orthodox (I can't speak about other Christian denominations), Jesus is fully God and fully human, as are Rama, Krishna and Kalki to Hindus.
Yea that's actually kinda sorta closer. One actually doesn't need religion or ancient texts if they grow up outside literacy to understand the texts. But inside literacy, literate culture forget it nearly impossible.

74x12

Agree/disagree?
That's what some people want you to think. The mystery is how God (the only Almighty, most High God) was manifest in the flesh. Only those who God reveals it too may understand.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What she a Chevy or a Ford?, was she a 4x4 or sedan? Front wheel drive rear wheel drive?
One thing for sure... He WAS in the driver's seat. :D

The 120 in the upper-room were a Honda because they were in one Accord. They hold the world's record.

Twilight Hue

I vote THOR. obviously there is regeneration powers there and his father Anthony Hopkins is involved. Also we can see a female follower is involved and I don't think THOR actually sleeps with her, although the French totally disagree, according to Davinci code. Since THOR is part of my last name and David is my first name, that makes me heir apparent, which means LOKI is running the show, except he is a little old man that rides a klr650 in the woods of oregon, plays guitar for a hobby, and really doesn't care to be in charge. Slacker.

Disclaimer:
I also realize some will claim word salad because we'll the Davinci code is totally not about THOR at all. And get upset that I am mocking their position on this topic, which is scientific based. To them at least.
View attachment 19917
Maybe you didn't realize this, but Thor's at the bus stop.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim

Agree/disagree?
No, Christian orthodoxy states that Christ is eternally begotten (not made) before all ages, one being (consubstantial) with the Father. The Second Person of the Trinity has always existed and has always been fully God. The Son never came into existence, (as He has always existed), although He did take on a human nature (the Incarnation) at a specific moment in time. Your comparisons don't work.

Twilight Hue

No, Christian orthodoxy states that Christ is eternally begotten (not made) before all ages, one being (consubstantial) with the Father. The Second Person of the Trinity has always existed and has always been fully God. The Son never came into existence, (as He has always existed), although He did take on a human nature (the Incarnation) at a specific moment in time. Your comparisons don't work.

There is no mention anywhere that I'm aware of, pointing to Jesus as having ever been an Incarnation, or pre-existing taking on human form, for which the latter would seem to nullify any written accounts of being born by Mary, making the birth of Christ pointless and meaningless had Christ been an Incarnation or pre-existing.

Some people quote The Book of John, but it's very vague and certainly not specific.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
There is no mention anywhere that I'm aware of, pointing to Jesus as having ever been an Incarnation, or pre-existing taking on human form
Isaiah 52:10, Psalms 98:3 both say we shall see the Salvation of our God (Yeshuat Eloheinu/Yeshua Elohim); Isaiah 12:2 says Yah-Havah Elohim (Lord to be) shall become Yeshua Elohim (Lord that saves).
Some people quote The Book of John
Some people quote the book of John, as they're not intelligent enough to notice it completely contradicts the Synoptic Gospels.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
There is no mention anywhere that I'm aware of, pointing to Jesus as having ever been an Incarnation, or pre-existing taking on human form, for which the latter would seem to nullify any written accounts of being born by Mary, making the birth of Christ pointless and meaningless had Christ been an Incarnation or pre-existing.
  1. Was born of the Virgin Mary.
  2. Has always existed as God.
These are not mutually exclusive propositions. Jesus is both God and man. As God He has always existed but as man He came into the world at a specific point in time. As man He was conceived and as man He was truly born in real earthly history with Mary as His mother in every sense of the word. Yet even as man, God does not cease to be God.

On the point that Christ in no any way whatsoever ceased to be anything less than fully God almighty, we need to clear up another important distinction. Christ is not an incarnation of God. Christ is God, who became incarnate. The distinction is subtle but it is real and extremely important. Jesus is not a god, nor an emanation or form of God. Jesus is God, has always been God, and will always be God.

Some people quote The Book of John, but it's very vague and certainly not specific.
I disagree. Although poetic, it is specific and clear. It is an explicit identification of the preexisting Logos (Christ) as God. It also explicitly affirms the incarnation in verse XIV.

Last edited: