• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus healed every disease ?

Michelle

We are all related
Matthew 4

23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them. 25Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis,[6] Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him.

From Matthew Henry's Commentary "We do not now find the Saviour's miraculous healing power in our bodies" but he went on to say that these verses should be taken literally. The Adam Clark Commentary pretty much says that Jesus healed those who felt ill-were afflicted with any species of malady.(such as cholics, gouts, and rheumatisms, which racked every joint. Persons possessed by evil spirits. This is certainly the plain obvious meaning of daemoniac in the Gospels. Persons afflicted with epileptic or other disorders and palsy.Either with a word or a touch; and thus proved that all nature was under his control. )
Well today we know that demons are not the cause of any sickness or disease which allows us to question more of these claims. I have attended an Assembly of God, Baptist, Christian, Church of God, Episcopal, Methodist, Catholic, Pentecoastal, Presbyterian, Southern Baptist, Church Of Christ, United Methodist, Unitarian, Metropolitain, and a few non-denominational Churchs in my quest for the truth about healing. I know that around 24,000 thousand people are going to starve to death today. That's a pretty simple disease to cure.

What is the truth? Well I don't know but I know what I saw. I think the stories of Jesus healing people are exaggerated. If religions cannot stop starvation with prayer, and gifts of food, how can they expect to cure cancer with prayer? And if They cannot stop starvation then why should I believe that Jesus healed anybody? And if Jesus didn't heal anybody then why shouldn't I question tbe bible?

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=mt&chapter=004

cardero

Citizen Mod
If we are to believe that Jesus cured diseases we should also keep in mind that his services were free. That's the real miracle.

In the Bible it is said that Jesus taught his apostles this power as well. I wonder what happened to all the knowledge.

Runt

I don't think it matter whether or not Jesus really existed or really did the things the stories claim he did. I think it is the story itself that has value.

robtex

Veteran Member
Runt has a really good point. We can sit behind our computer desks and argue what Jesus did and didn't for the next ten years but the reality is that we have no way of knowing or proving what he did and did not do. Some of it can be validated as possible and some be validated is improbable but by focusing on "proving or disproving" Jesus and his acts we miss the overtones of the messages left behind by his followers. The ones about love and peace and acceptance of our fellow man despite differences. It is ironic that a man who is credited with so much peace and love is the source of so much bickering and hate today.

Reactions: Pah

Pah

Uber all member
robtex said:
Runt has a really good point. We can sit behind our computer desks and argue what Jesus did and didn't for the next ten years but the reality is that we have no way of knowing or proving what he did and did not do. Some of it can be validated as possible and some be validated is improbable but by focusing on "proving or disproving" Jesus and his acts we miss the overtones of the messages left behind by his followers. The ones about love and peace and acceptance of our fellow man despite differences. It is ironic that a man who is credited with so much peace and love is the source of so much bickering and hate today.

I think you hit on the real value of Chritianity. It applies to the here and now.

Frubals to ya!!!!!!

-pah-

linwood

robtex said:
It is ironic that a man who is credited with so much peace and love is the source of so much bickering and hate today.

Maybe thats because he was so unclear with his message.

His followers did him no justice in their efforts to write it down.

Ernestine

When Adam and Eve sinned against God, what their actions said was that they felt they were capable of directing themselves and didn't need God. Well, 6000 years later we see that was a woeful error on their part. Their original sin is the reason why sickness, disease and death exist.
When Jesus came to earth it was not to establish his Kingdom at that time as some wanted. His miracles were a small taste of what he will accomplish on a grander scale when his Kingdom is finally established once this old system is destroyed. You are correct, religions cannot stop starvation, they cannot cure cancer, they cannot attain peace. Only Jehovah God with his helper, Jesus Christ can do that. Your faith should lie with them, not with man. You should believe that in Jesus and believe that he healed because belief in him is essential to salvation.

Pah

Uber all member
Ernestine said:
When Adam and Eve sinned against God, what their actions said was that they felt they were capable of directing themselves and didn't need God. Well, 6000 years later we see that was a woeful error on their part. Their original sin is the reason why sickness, disease and death exist.
Sickness is a punishment eh? That isn't mentioned in Chapter 3.

When Jesus came to earth it was not to establish his Kingdom at that time as some wanted. His miracles were a small taste of what he will accomplish on a grander scale when his Kingdom is finally established once this old system is destroyed. You are correct, religions cannot stop starvation, they cannot cure cancer, they cannot attain peace. Only Jehovah God with his helper, Jesus Christ can do that. Your faith should lie with them, not with man. You should believe that in Jesus and believe that he healed because belief in him is essential to salvation.
I wonder why an all-powerful god would not alleviate those things. is this (hunger especially) another punishment?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I can give one explination the annointing oil should contain cannabis officaly announced by the hebrew university in 1980
THC with in the annointing oil absorbes fat cells so making the whole thing bond with out cannabis it won't work correctly
It is like Paul said if you have anligment go and see your preacher and get annointed
They know that cannabis can help with healing leprasy and many other known illness
If you look at all the ingredient of the annointing oil many of its ingredients are known to have medical benefits
I am not saying christ just used the annointing oil to heal, yet this would heal a lot of the illness he cured
Christian means annointed ones, as before christ annointing oil was only to be used by the house of aaron and david and for kings
Christ said that all could use it so making christians
Explains why king david and king soloman where so chilled out and also why many people who do smoke cannabis question the meaning of life
Yet it should be kept holy as the bible says else there yokes will be taken as said by isiah
If you look a lot of the people who do smoke they get nervous and paranoid almost as if there spirits are effected
where as people who stay focused on god seem ok so confirming what isiah said
Check this up and see what you find I have checked my self and find it to be true
If you find it to be true spread the truth as the truth sets us free and would make this world relax a bit and be more open minded
plus we could heal a lot of diffrent illness and make the church a place that imbraces our youth rather then persecute them for doing something which is considered holy by the bible yet not by mans laws at present

Betho_br

Jesus was accused of healing on the Sabbath ("θεραπευω" therapeuo, John 5:10). The religious authorities of that time did not view Jesus's healings as miraculous; instead, they saw them as a violation of Sabbath rules. They criticized Jesus for engaging in therapeutic activities on the day of rest, according to the strict interpretation of Sabbath laws in the Jewish tradition.